Nudity - and your children

15678911»

Replies

• Ok I'm going to add to this because I come from the place where the world belives we are the most uptight, prudish and restrained people on the planet, you guessed right, I'm english.

My daughter is nearly 15 and I still walk around naked as does her dad ( though he does try to cover up more ) I see absolutely no issue in walking around naked. My daughter still talks to her dad whilst he's in the shower and has never made any comments to the fact that she's em-bare-assed about it. She however does cover up mostly when she's getting dressed though she's quite happy about calling us to see something in the shower!! Who'd figure huh?

Here's my reasoning,
    I saw my mum naked or in underwear whilst growing up, I NEVER saw my dad naked, I had no idea what a male form looked like at all and i was curious, this led on to risky behaviour with male teens when I was a middle teen which in turn turned my life upside down.

I do not want my daughter to be curious..... Yet.

I do not consider our behaviour to be sexual abuse!

First, let me just say that I don't think you're doing anything wrong. But I have to say your reasoning is ... off.

I saw my dad naked. I was still sexually curious and got pregnant at 17. It's not seeing a penis that is the problem. It's using it.

I also got pregnant at 17 and I do agree with you, using a penis is the culprit!! But I just feel that for myself this played a part, not all, but a part.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Ok I'm going to add to this because I come from the place where the world belives we are the most uptight, prudish and restrained people on the planet, you guessed right, I'm english.

My daughter is nearly 15 and I still walk around naked as does her dad ( though he does try to cover up more ) I see absolutely no issue in walking around naked. My daughter still talks to her dad whilst he's in the shower and has never made any comments to the fact that she's em-bare-assed about it. She however does cover up mostly when she's getting dressed though she's quite happy about calling us to see something in the shower!! Who'd figure huh?

Here's my reasoning,
    I saw my mum naked or in underwear whilst growing up, I NEVER saw my dad naked, I had no idea what a male form looked like at all and i was curious, this led on to risky behaviour with male teens when I was a middle teen which in turn turned my life upside down.

I do not want my daughter to be curious..... Yet.

I do not consider our behaviour to be sexual abuse!

First, let me just say that I don't think you're doing anything wrong. But I have to say your reasoning is ... off.

I saw my dad naked. I was still sexually curious and got pregnant at 17. It's not seeing a penis that is the problem. It's using it.

I also got pregnant at 17 and I do agree with you, using a penis is the culprit!! But I just feel that for myself this played a part, not all, but a part.

Could be. I just wouldn't assume she won't be curious about sex (and possibly have it) just because she's seen one already. :-)

Good luck, though. It's scary having a teen daughter. My biggest fear was mine would follow my footsteps. Thank goodness, she hasn't!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Me I don't care my only issues is my son is 2 and likes to tickle when ur not dressed lol he thinks its funny not sure why my poor daughter who is 5 has to run from him lol I try to go to bathroom alone never works lol it doesn't bother me now my hubby covers up in front of.them mostly cause he has more interesting parts they want to stare lol
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    My mom still walks around naked in my presence...no problemo. My dad, on the other hand, Never. Never never. He's much more prudish/modest/shy/whatever adjective you prefer.

Dude, I've never seen my dad naked, and I thank GOD for that.

Amen!
  • MommaHoff
    MommaHoff Posts: 54 Member
    I had to be more careful with my son seeing me when he started getting grabby. He was about 3. And with my daughter when she was about 4. She would get all sad about not having boobs yet. And seemed to feel bad about herself because of it. It was strange but cute.