Nudity - and your children

Options

Replies

• TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I consider it inappropriate after the age of 3 but then again I don't have kids so my opinion may change in the future.

I think I'd think differently if it was a daughter instead of a son. For instance, my best friend has a little girl and I don't think it's a problem if she sees her mom's boobs, but if she saw her dad's butt or penis, I'd be creeped out. But if they had a son, and the son saw the dad's butt or something I wouldn't think it to be a big deal.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    76883d1318553287-plus-size-sports-riding-bra-this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    we do say *kitten* alot too. there really isnt another word for that is there?
    We all know the real word, but we use "poopmaker" just for fun.

casa de caca tambien!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    76883d1318553287-plus-size-sports-riding-bra-this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    My four year old sees me naked regularly. He likes to barge in right as I get out of the shower, as I'm getting dressed, as I'm getting right out of bed, etc. It's not a big deal. It's all normal and just part of the body for us.

That said, it's no wonder that kids growing up nowadays have such a f*cked up view on sex. We project onto them that the human body is something that should never be exposed, basically indicating that it's shameful to see it, etc. But then pop culture blasts images of nearly-nude models in magazines, TV, mall displays, etc and then even go so far as to sell skimpy clothing to young girls, padded bras to pre-teens etc. Talk about sending a completely mixed message! It's like teaching your kids that the body is something to be ashamed of in an effort to keep them 'modest' but then wave sexualized images, movies, etc in front of their faces. THEN people turn around and say that things like breastfeeding a baby is indecent! WUT?1?!?!?!?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    It's more a poopshooter than a poopmaker... but I'm catchin what you're throwin there, EEG ;-)
    True. it started with the dog, actually. We coined the name for his anal sphincter when we'd see it flex as he'd bark. Hilarious.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My take was always, if they are old enough to remember it, then probably not a good idea. It's not something I would make a huge issue of, but I know how my teenage boys feel/felt at the thought of certain things regarding their mom. And I think I did right by them, by making sure they didn't grow up with that image. That's also the case with my daughter. I may be wrong about it. (Sex, body parts and all that were always discussed, nothing was off limits except detailed information of mine and dads encounters) But i just have images of my mom nude, and I was never comfortable with that. And so I didn't want to have those lingering thoughts/feelings/images for my kids.

Also I think if your five year old isn't able to be alone a few minutes while you take a shower (considering safety is in place) for whatever reason, I have a son who could NOT be left a lone for one minute, then showering should probably take place while he's asleep. I think at 5 they really need to start learning boundaries, whether or not your comfortable with him seeing you nude or not.

Just my thoughts, it's certainly your house, and your child, and having been a single mom of 3 for ten years, I know how difficult that can be.

Perhaps I need to clarify something... The boy isn't IN the shower with me. He's playing - alone in another part of the house - while I take a shower. But I leave the door cracked open so I can hear if he yells.

I think this is my conclusion after reading through everyone's replies (thank you all btw)....

If he's not comfortable seeing me nude - he can stay playing. He doesn't need to come in the bathroom during that minute it takes to dry off and throw on my robe :happy: He's smart enough to know there are boobs behind that bathroom door :blushing:
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

My daughter has to say BUTT....
    But it also goes with the motion of sticking it out and pointing to it....

Shes four.....*palm to forehead*
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Breasts aren't exactly a sex organ, are they? They're pretty much just a common fetish amongst men. I know that in some cities, women can legally walk around without their shirts on. (Nobody DOES, but... you CAN lol).

I don't think it matters. I don't have children, so I can't give much of an opinion.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I consider it inappropriate after the age of 3 but then again I don't have kids so my opinion may change in the future.

I think I'd think differently if it was a daughter instead of a son. For instance, my best friend has a little girl and I don't think it's a problem if she sees her mom's boobs, but if she saw her dad's butt or penis, I'd be creeped out. But if they had a son, and the son saw the dad's butt or something I wouldn't think it to be a big deal.

I can see your boobs right now, and I'm over the age of 3... :bigsmile:
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options

My daughter has to say BUTT....
    But it also goes with the motion of sticking it out and pointing to it....

Shes four.....*palm to forehead*

haha adorable!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    It's more a poopshooter than a poopmaker... but I'm catchin what you're throwin there, EEG ;-)
    True. it started with the dog, actually. We coined the name for his anal sphincter when we'd see it flex as he'd bark. Hilarious.

Animal *kitten* is HILARIOUS!
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    im 18 and walk in my parents room sometimes while my mom is changing ...it doesnt bother me ..nor her...we took baths together up til i was about 10 (in our jet tub)....she'll cover up tho if my brother walks in....im lucky enough to have never walked in on my dad changing...i just think i'd be scared for life v.v
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i do find the word breasts awkward to say. I call them "chest-icles".
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Animal *kitten* is HILARIOUS!
    His was spotted, too. It was the funniest thing ever -- almost like it was blowing you a kiss each time he barked.

I imagine that this is how families would entertain themselves before radio was invented.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    i do find the word breasts awkward to say. I call them "chest-icles".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    on the same subject , sort of, how about going out for a meal at the local pub today and a woman was breastfeeding her baby while we ate, surely she could have sat in a corner, but no, right in the middle of everyone, even my wife said she could have made an effort to protect herself from all the ogling young men

:noway:

See, that's just rude. Seriously, don't they get that the kid's head is blocking my view?
  • odusgolp
    Options
    on the same subject , sort of, how about going out for a meal at the local pub today and a woman was breastfeeding her baby while we ate, surely she could have sat in a corner, but no, right in the middle of everyone, even my wife said she could have made an effort to protect herself from all the ogling young men

:noway:

See, that's just rude. Seriously, don't they get that the kid's head is blocking my view?

*giggle*
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

Yeah, but you're a chick. :wink:
  • odusgolp
    Options

Yeah, but you're a chick. :wink:

And I approve!!