50+ Women for the Month of March

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love:

Good Morning, All,:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Kathy, I am so sorry for your loss. This is the time to live life one day at a time and focus on gratitude for the blessings you have.

And on the subject of taking life one day at a time, one good thing about that is that you can take yesterday's pie, pizza, or other indulgences and leave them there and start today with a new attitude and outlook and different behaviors.:bigsmile:

I tried a different breakfast this morning
    1/2 cup eggbeaters, yellow and orange pepper and chopped onion in an omelet (spray, no calorie olive oil in the pan) with 2 slices of Sara Lee 45 calorie 100% whole grain toast with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray
    less than 200 calories and yummy:bigsmile:

Then to the dog park, then to the thrift shop to drop off the stuff I got out of the closet this weekend.:bigsmile:

I found the exercise video I have, now the next step is to actually use it.:laugh:

Heather:flowerforyou: I should have read your post more carefully and realized that the teenagers were your children. That actually impresses me more that you can you keep your life in such balance with teenagers in your house. My hat is off to you:drinker: :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Esther, I read about Dr. Ian Smith's diet on the Internet and it sounds interesting. At the end of the review, it said that it worked best for people who needed change and variety not for people like me who like routine. It also looked like not enough food for me. Right now what I'm doing is working. Maybe when I get down to last 10 stubborn pounds I may be in the market for a change.

PDraxten: Welcome to MFP and the greatest motivation and support group. Check in with often and you'll find the encouragement you're looking for. :bigsmile: I'm a little older than you but my goals are like yours.:bigsmile:

My goals today:

*turn on the exercise video and exercise with it
    *water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    *30 minutes on the exercise bike (that's up from the 20-25 minutes I usually do)
    *laugh a lot
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I bought a Thermos sports water bottle. It has a dial to keep track of how many times I fill it. It holds 24 ounces and I am on my second bottle.:drinker: :drinker: I am back to eating three meals a day plus two snacks. I was doing this while I was working but sort of stopped working on it while at home. So, I think I should be seeing some improvement and more weight lose soon.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

I am doing better. Thank you for you kinds words.

I hope to get back on track. I need to be here with MFP family. It has got me through last year and I sure need all you now.

I will check back soon.

:heart: Kathy
  • Ladyleo
    Ladyleo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 lb and 3/4 inch. WOO HOO!:bigsmile:

I am making much better choices, and seeing results. My goals are to keep on going. :tongue: Drinking plenty of water.:drinker: find a fitness video I can workout to.
  • Ladyleo
    Options
    What happened to my ticker? How do I fix it?
  • BarbG
    BarbG Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Kathy, glad you are doing better.

Lady Leo, Good job, keep up the good work. I think , but not positive, the only way to put your ticker in is to go to the tools area and copy the code for your ticker, then paste it to your message.

Hope you all have a great day!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Barb

148992.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Ladyleo
    Options
    Any suggestions on that workout video? I have the walking one.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Good morning, everyone. I am working on doing the laundry. My washer broke so I am going out to get it done. Husband is helping to carry the clothes for me.
    I have a doctor appointment this morning. I am really looking forward to it. I have a million questions. Hope that all of you are having great mornings.
    :flowerforyou:
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    good morning everyone - Kathy, hang in there. I know we're all thinking about you and your family. How is your husband doing? Is he in touch with his brother?

Swiss - sounds like you're doing really great, bummer that your washer is broken - hope that gets fixed soon! I'm living in 1 house and using the washer/dryer in the house i'm renovating. So i just have to walk across the driveway - not so bad! Hope your Dr. appt. goes well!

I'm trying to eat all my calories - even when i work out - which is hard for me. It feels like i'm eating way too much. Makes me wonder if the machines i work out on are calculating too many work out calories.

LadyLeo - congrats on your weight loss! I gained this week :grumble: I guess it's all part of it........

Everyone have a great day!

elli
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,
    Ladylleo...sorry, I can't help you with the ticker question. I would think it would change automatically when you record your weight. Maybe you have to signout and signin again???? I don't know - just a thought. Good job. Every little bit in the right direction helps.

elli- is that picture of you and are you on a zip line? We went on a zip line in Jamaca and loved it. I think the machines in the gyms do calculate a little more than we should count. I always dropped my recording of the workouts from the gym, just a little so I wasn't going over.

Kathy-you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope you all have a great day.

Esther
  • Ladyleo
    Options
    Ladies,

I don't know what happened but my ticker now works. Go figure.

I really appreciate all the input on here. It definitely helps to know that you aren't alone in the struggle to lose weight.:flowerforyou:

Remember to drink your water! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Esther - thank you for that thought on the machines at the gym. Mostly I use the elliptical - it's a cybex, and it really looks like you're using LOTS of calories! I'm going to cut some off of there.
    The pic is my younger boy, Dakota, his gf Katie and myself in Hawaii 2 years ago. Yep - we were ziplining. It was the funnest thing i've ever done!!!!!!!!! SO cool! It was right after i'd lost my 40 pounds and i know i would never have done it if i was still heavy. It was the greatest vacation!:smile: elli
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Ladies,

I don't know what happened but my ticker now works. Go figure.

I really appreciate all the input on here. It definitely helps to know that you aren't alone in the struggle to lose weight.:flowerforyou:

Remember to drink your water! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I have enjoyed Gilad videos and have done the walk away the pounds videos/dvds. I have heard a lot of people on mfp talk about the Biggest Loser Boot Camp and seem to enjoy that. I have not tried it so I can't really give an opinion. I think we just have to find something that works for us individually. I put my dvd in this morning and tried and tried to get it to play but the player 'couldn't read' it. :grumble: So, I guess I'll have to go for a long walk today and do some situps, etc.

Have a good one
    Esther
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Ever feel like you need to rest after a vacation!?!? My body seems to still be on Mexico time so exercising is something like pulling teeth. But I am determined to press on and get this extra weight off! And I don't want to lose the momentum I gained activity-wise while I was gone. Hopefully today I'll get my suitcase unpacked and the laundry done. Somewhere in there I hope to read this thread and get caught up on what all has been happening in all your lives while I was gone.

I'm making tuna salad for lunch and grilling for supper (again). Hubby has begun to notice my clothes fit me differently so now he is not eating so much contraband in front of me. Since I have never been strong in the will power department, that helps alot! I find myself envying those of you who have husbands who exercise with you. Mine won't.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    suezzzque...The only way to get back into desiring to workout is to do it. You may have to force yourself. But once you do it will come easier. Good luck. JUST DO IT ! :wink: My husband will go to the gym with me but I use the strength machines and he uses the free weights. We are in separate rooms while going this.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Thanks for the nudge! Took a power nap after feeding hubby lunch, so being tired is no excuse. I'm going walking now.
  • Grammymax
    Options
    I just changed my ticker so I wanted to check it out. I put a picture of my youngest grandson on it.
    Esther
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Grannymax, your grandson is precious !! When was he born? I have a grandson who was born Dec. 23. I think that he is about the same size.
    I now have my doctor's ok to begin taking short walks. I have been doing this all along. Maybe that is why I am having so much trouble. I had yet another infection. And he is talking about probably doing another surgery in about three months if things do not straighten up.:mad:
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hello everyone looks like we are all working hard. I bought a heart rate monitor to help give me an accurate calorie count when working out. My mom is still in the hospital she has been there for 9 days .
    I have been able to eat properly and not comfort eat which is usually what I would do. It is very hard when you are in a different state. I have been going up on the weekends to give my sister a break from night time hosptial duty, Well I am off to do cardio. Keep up the good work ladies.:smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I got so excited about reaching my goals yesterday that I forgot all about the ones I had for today.

I found my old exercise video and did a 20 minute routine. I figured out where there was a space to workout and felt very proud of myself.:bigsmile: Later I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike and drank a ton of water.

Today we had company in the morning, then went shopping after lunch and it's almost supper time.

I guess I'll stop kicking myself and remember that I've eaten according to my plan and done some exercise and there's still about 5 hours til bedtime.

My goals----drink water:drinker: :drinker: get on the exercise bike:drinker: do my strength training routine, stop whining:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Kathy, Keep putting one foot in front of the other and trust that it will get better.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Ladyleo: congrats on losing a pound:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Becky:bigsmile: you are so resilient. You aren't letting anything get you down. Keep up the good work:bigsmile:

Grammymax---your grandson is darling, but what I really like is the new picture of you on your post:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'm off to eat dinner. Have a great evening.:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: