• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    b757c9affa0full.gif

:heart:
  • psaxy
    psaxy Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there everyone, my name is Patricia and I just joined today. In December of 2007 I found out I had diabetes and needed to change my lifestyle. I weighed 230 pounds at that time. I bought an elliptical trainer and stopped eating junk food. I now weigh 180lbs and have my blood sugar under control. My goal is to weigh 150lbs and get off of medications for diabetes. I have been stuck at 180 for the past two months. I love this site, how you can keep track of calories eaten and calories burned. I need this kind of help to stay on track. Oh, and I am 55 years old. If I can do this, anyone can!

I just copied and pasted this from the introduce yourself topic. I lost 50 pounds in one year by not eating junk food and exercising on my elliptical trainer. I have been stuck for two months (but also was not watching my diet closely and not exercising every day). This site seems like a great idea, glad I found it! My goal is now to lose another 30 pounds by the end of 2009. Anyone have any good low-fat recipes?
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You always come up with the funniest cartoons.

psaxy... welcome...Sounds like you have been doing great. We are here to help you lose the last few pounds. I have diabetes in my family, however, I do not have it.
  • plantlady99
    Options
    :flowerforyou: psaxy

as far as low calorie dishes go. I eat a lot of salads and basic grilled meats with veggies. Well, during the week anyway. Sometimes I don't make good choices on the week-ends. :explode: :wink: However, I do go the the recipe threads in the mfp community. I also use "all recipes.com" I love the fact that it will make a grocery list for the recipes you want and save them.

:heart: Kathy
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HI,

AS LONG AS I AM OVER 50 DOES IT MATTER HOW FAR OVER? I WILL BE 65 AND WOULD LIKE TO JOIN FOR APRIL ?

I WANT TO LOSE 25 MORE POUNDS TO REACH A GOAL OF 145. SINCE I FOUND MFP I HAVE ALREADY LOST 4LBS. THE FIRST WEEK I USUALLY LOSE A FEW POUNDS AND THEN IT SLOWS DOWN. I LOST FROM 1/4LB TO 2 AND 1/2 LBS WEEKLY AND WENT FROM 264 TO 170. I WAS LOSING MY MOTIVATION AND CAME HERE FOR HELP. IT HAS HELPED ME FOCUS AGAIN. NOW I SEE THAT I CAN JOIN THIS GROUP, I HOPE.

THANKS, ANNE
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi we will be happy for another member you are doing great and should be very proud of yourself. I love :love: this site and am very motivated by the support I have been given. A great group here very encouraging.:flowerforyou:
    lynn

115425.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Anne - welcome to this thread. Please stick around and check in often. Glad you found us.
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    The April thread is started. Look for it in the Motivation and Support thread titled "50+ Women for the month of April.

See you there,
    Esther
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    :sad: I'm sooooo frustrated. Today's my weigh in at work, got on the scale and nothing!!!! I've been eating well and exercising 25 min. on elliptical and 15 minutes on bike and some machine activity. I could just cry. Maybe I need to up the exercise. I don't push myself because I don't want to aggravate my back. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: NEW APRIL THREAD:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/47717-50-women-for-the-month-of-april

• AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I did NOT meet my goals for the month of March. I hoped to lose 2-3 pounds per week but only lost 1 for the entire month. At least my measurements have decreased! In April I am planing to be more disciplined in both exercise and what I eat. See you on the April thread.
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    b757c9affa0full.gif

Love this pic.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou: