50+ Women for the Month of March

Options

Replies

• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    You are more then welcome to join this bunch of great ladies Sis.

:heart: Kathy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hello to all of you
    the ones who have been posting and the ones we haven't heard from in awhile (are you reading but not writing? we miss you)

Becky:flowerforyou: it hasn't been that long since your surgery which makes your mall walk and dog walk truly exceptional:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: keep up the good work and please don't overdo:bigsmile: you have teenagers, what a lot you have to deal with in your life. you're doing great:bigsmile:

Elli :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: you're such a hard worker----all that work on your house and working out besides:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I don't envy you all those decorating decisions

Esther:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: it's good to hear from you you. hope all is well:bigsmile:

Tobey girl:bigsmile: Welcome:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: We're glad to have you join us. We need each other and can't do this alone:bigsmile:

I went out last night for another episode of "just say no to birthday cake". I saw a friend there who had "lap band' surgery about five years ago and has lost tons of weight and kept it off with the help of a 12 Step program. She's the one who inspired me to bring my own food to events where the food might be a problem.

This was my weigh-day and I've lost 3 more pounds---yippee!!!:bigsmile:

We went for a Sunday drive in the red car with the top down and stopped to walk through stores in a nearby tourist destination town with interesting stores. i bought two new size medium shirts---one with pictures of cat and one with pictures of dogs. Now if it will just get warm, I can wear them.

Big hugs to everyone :heart: :love:
    Barbie
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Ladies who have not checked in just come on and say Hi so we know you are doing OK:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Swiss sounds like you a really doing well walking. Good Job.
    :flowerforyou: Elli, boy do you have a full plate. I did survive the rest of the week-end.
    :flowerforyou: Gram, I to hope the month of April will be a better one as far as losing more weight.
    :flowerforyou: Tobey girl, Welcome and enjoy this great site.
    :flowerforyou: Barbie, get job with your weight loss. Your red car drive sounds like fun. Yea, with your new wardrobe. I can’t wait to buy some.

Well, I am planning to get to the gym this morning. I seem to be unmotivated today. I hope this passes.

All have a great Morning.

fit296.gif
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    HI everyone. Sound like you are all doing well.
    I have a concern. I am involved in a health group separate from MFP. I have been letting them know about my walks and how I am doing weight wise. Well, one woman is coming down on me hard. Telling me to get up and do more. To quit being lazy. She also yelled, yes YELLED, at me because I was weighed at the doctor's office after she told me to stay away from scales. She knows about my surgery but still feels that I am being lazy. I know that I should just ignore her but I feel like I am letting the entire group down by not being able to keep up with them. Another member is a trainer. She has completely ignored me because I am not doing the workouts. I am so glad that the people here are encouraging me and not putting me down.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to read all on the thread but wanted you all to know that on Tuesday morning there should be a new thread for April. Maybe we could share how we have done on our Monthly goals for March then? I'll be back later but wanted you to think about how you've done on your goals for March and what your goals for April will be.

Esther
    Good morning-
    I haven't been on in awhile and will have to catch up on all the previous postings later, but I wanted to confess that I have not met my March goal. In fact, I'm up a pound from where I started on Mar. 1. However, I had a fantastic birthday week-end (I am now 55) and April will be a new month and new beginning (yet again). My goals for April will be easy - just repeat March, but DO it this time!:laugh:
    Am going to my exercise class - will try to catch up later.
    Zaza
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    good morning everyone.

Becky, i'm sorry but i think you should get OUT of that other group! That kind of pisses me off!!!!! I don't think yelling at people about this stuff helps at ALL!:noway: AND.......you had surgery for goodnes sake! You're supposed to get back into things slowly! I think you're doing wonderful and i think everyone here will agree with me. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!! Oh - and i'm just SURE you're supposed to tell your doctor you don't want to weigh 'cause someone in a weight loss group told you not to!:tongue:

Kathy - i know, i do have a full plate - had a little bit of a "melt down" last night:cry: all i wanted was my Mom and she's been gone over 4 years...........go figure! Well - you can't be TOO unmotivated going to the gym first thing! That will get your day kick started!

Hi Tobey!

Barb - little red car sounds like a blast! And more new clothes! yippeeeeeeeeeee!

Hi Zaza - a pound in your birthday month isn't awful! Just so long as you're back on track now! I bet you'll lose in April.

I lost the pound i gained last week plus another one this morning at my weigh in so i'm happy about that. I'm half way to my goal - 6 more to go.

Happy Monday everyone! I'm SO glad the weekend is over............ elli
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I didn't meet my goal for the month of March. In retrospect I think I was expecting more than was reasonable. So from now on my goal is to maintain a loss of ONE POUND a week, period. If I somehow manage to lose more than that I will be thrilled!

Today I am having a hard time getting started and honestly have absolutely no desire to get on the treadmill at all. BUT I am climbing on anyway. Then I will focus on planning a healthy meal for supper and getting caught up on laundry and housework. Hopefully by afternoon it will be warm enough to work on my new flowerbed.

152798.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi Swiss miss my philosphy is you know your body better than anyone else and you need to listen to your body not another person. Our bodies speak to us letting us know when we have done too much. We are 50 plus or close to it and need to make wise choices especially after surgey to overdo will cause damage and sometimes that damage cannot be undone. You should only do as much as your body allows to push alittle is great to overdo is foolish!!!!:grumble: :grumble: So stick with what your body tells you and infor the yellar to chill:bigsmile: Keep up the great work:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Swiss I agree with the others. You are the one who knows your body. I would not be on a thread that puts me down. You need encouragement. You did have surgery and that will take time. I believe you are doing very well.

I did get to the gym. I do feel better that I did go.

Now to keep with my calorie allotment for the week.

I believe we are all doing just fine. Slow and steady is my theory.

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Swissmiss, ditto on everything the other ladies just said. I hope you're feeling the love here.:happy: This is one terrific group.
    I went to the Y and feel great. Am going to keep moving. The sun is out and it's good to be alive and well (despite the persistent aches and pains). I'm still on a high that two of my boys came home for my birthday (one was a surprise) and that my husband really knocked himself out cooking and baking for 2 days for a party here with friends.
    Am off to do some errands and then work on our taxes. Ugh!!
    Hope everyone has a good week.
    Zaza
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Swissmiss - Are you paying for the group you are attending? If not I would definitely drop out immediately. That kind of treatment does no one any good. If you are paying you might ask for a refund of April (if you've already paid) and get out now as well. I believe that they may need to be firm but encourageing and definitely NOT verbally abusive. You deserve to be treated better.

For those of you who are concened about finding us on April's thread...the place to look for the new thread on Wednesday morning is on the Motivation and Support Message board and then look for the title Women 50+ for April. Just keep scrolling down the list until you see it because I will probably post it late on Tuesday since I"m on the West Coast and most of you post before me each day. Once you find it and post you will just need to go to "My Topics" the next time you want to read and post and it should be right there.

I've had a real bad weekend and was eating everything that 'wasn't nailed down'. Hopefully I got that all out of my system and can move on to a better month in April. I have 6 weeks to lose weight and tone up my legs before a trip to California to my neice's graduation. I'd like to wear shorts and not feel like I have my cottage cheese/jello legs exposed!

Kathy - Thanks for the good wishes. Me too :wink:

Do any of you belong to CURVES? I was a member several years ago and now am thinking of rejoining. It would be nice to have a workout buddy to be accountable.

Question: Is there a particular "eating program" you follow other than staying within your calorie intake? Just curious.

Hope you all have a great day.

Esther
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I was a member of Curves for two years when we lived in Arkansas. I was very sad to see there isn't one in reasonable driving distance here.... 35 miles one way is just too far! One of the reasons things got so out of hand in the weight department at my house....

I just finished my treadmill time and now am heading out in the wind to work on a new flowerbed I am putting in. Of course my kitty, Violet, will supervise and chase every leaf or blade of grass she sees. Gardening probably doesn't burn as many calories as the treadmill but it SURE is more enjoyable.

152798.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Grammy...no it is a group on-line. They are very strict, though and don't tolerate any slackers.
    I went on a diabetic diet a few years ago. Very healthy and I lost a lot. You count units of food. Your beginning weight determines how many units of each food you are allowed.
    Suezzzque..I messaged you more about my surgery.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Becky, let me add my name to the list of your MFP friends who think you deserve better than your health group. You've had surgery, you've been taking good care of your body, you've gotten support and encouragement from us
    you don't need the help of people who abuse you in the name of health. You know your body better than anybody else and you're the one who has to live with the consequences if you don't take proper care of yourself. I know you've been so eager to be able to exercise again and have been exercising the proper restraint so you don't hurt yourself. If I were the sort to give advice, I'd say, "Delete the bookmark that connects you to that group and don't ever go back" but since I'm not the sort that gives advice, I'll say nothing.:laugh::laugh: :laugh:

Kathy, that cartoon is a hoot. It reminds me of the many months when I went out to an ice cream place with friends every Thursday night and while they ate ice cream, I ate something called a "chili sundae"---layered chili, cheese, salsa, and sour cream---probably more calories than a scoop of ice cream. You always make me smile and improve my day:smile::laugh: :happy:

Zaza, happy birthday--what a great collection of treat and kindness from your family---now you can start your new year with renewed health and fitness plans.

Elli, congrats on your weight loss----with so few pounds left to lose, what you've accomplished is truly remarkable---keep up the good work:drinker: :smile:

Suezzque, you're doing great:bigsmile: ----congratulate yourself and the weight you've lost and move forward to the new day

Esther---there are two features to the eating plan I've created for myself---first, I plan my meals the night before and list them on MFP, that way I don't have to think about food during the day or get caught up in food related decisions....if I didn't plan to eat it, then I don't eat it. Along with that I refuse to take any food offered to me, no matter how benign (carrots, a bite of something,) Second, I stick to clean eating (I think there's a thread on MFP about it) which is basically recognizable food, no processed food, no sugar, no artificial sweeteners) so I can eat a ton of food with lower calories and a lot of nutrition

Today is a day of chores and errands. I walked for 40 minutes at the dog park and will get on the exercise bike later.

I'll think about my April goals tomorrow.:laugh:

My goals today are to keep on doing what I've been doing:flowerforyou:

Barbie
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Barbie - you are so disciplined - i'm so impressed! I just kind of go day to day......if i get "stuck" i'm going to try planning my food for the next day that evening. That's a great idea!

ZaZa - happy belated birthday! I'm so glad your family went all out and 2 of your boys were with you! The surprise had to have been AWESOME!:bigsmile: Ugh - i worked on taxes this morning too - always a scary thing isn't it?:huh:

We used to have a Slim and Tone here - it's just like Curves from what i understand. I worked out there for about a year until it shut down. I liked it - but towards the end of the year i found myself wanting a little big "more" in the way of different equipment and free weights. Plus the gym i go to now is 24/7 so i can work out whenever which is convenient. AND - it's in the small town that's only 15 minutes away which is SO cool!

Suzeeque - is Violet the little kitty on your ticker????? OMG she's the CUTEST!

Have a great day everyone! :heart: elli
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    No. Violet is my almost 2 year old calico, the kitty lifting weights on my ticker is just something I found online once and saved. I'm a cat person in case you haven't figured that out yet... Here's a photo of my best gardening buddy:

152798_8498.jpg
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    susan...thanks so much for the comfort you have given me. Well, hey "cat person", I have my son's cat living with me. She will be 20 years old this summer. Had her to the vet last week and he says she is healthy.

Barbie...I know that I should be listening to all of you. I get the best advice here. I am taking it easy now.
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I made it :drinker: I lost 3 pounds in March. That was my goal. I need to set the goal higher though my daughter is getting married on June 13. I'd like to loose 10 more pounds by then. It's getting warmer out so I sould be able to work outside and walk more hopefully. :drinker: :drinker: I want to feel good for the wedding and look better than I do now but I'm so happy I'm loosing at all. Reading your messages on this string helps a lot and I'd like to thank all of you for letting me be a part of it. :heart: :flowerforyou: It does feel good when people start to notice.:wink:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    What a cute kitty Susan!

Way to go dkell. 3 pounds gone and never to return! I'm hoping for at least 3 pounds but I'm not going to weigh until Wednesday morning. :ohwell:

Esther
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Sue, Violet is so cute. I see Lilllie of the Valley. I can't wait til mine pop out.

Happy Belated Birthday Zaza:flowerforyou:

Hi Esther, Swiss, ell,i I_mahloy, Toby & Barbie and all those that I missed

dkell :flowerforyou: Great job. You can do it.

Myself. I'm hoping to get back to 165. I'm 167 at this point. I wanted to be at 160 at the end of March. However, as I have said before. I played with the 170's for so long and I do believe I am past that. So, I do feel good. I have lost weight slowly because I seem to eat more on week-ends but, it has been working for me that way. So I'm fine with it. People are noticing and complementing on my weight loss. :bigsmile:

Hopefully by the end of April I will hit 160 and yo-yo from 160 to 165. Sounds crazy but that seems to be the way I am losing.

Thanks for all your support.