50+ Women for the Month of March

Options

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    l-mahloy...You have a lot to worry about. Just be sure to take care of yourself.
    barbie...sounds like you are doing great.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    l=mahloy..What monitor did you buy? I got a Polar F6 this past weekend. I have been told by some friends in another group that it was too expensive and that I was wasting my money so I haven't let them know that I have actually bought it. I can't use it for about four more weeks but I am gearing up for getting back to working out. I also got a good pedometer and since I am allowed to walk now I will be using it as soon as I get it figured out.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    I'm just touching base. It's a beautiful morning inthe Northeast. I dont have much to report. I haven't been able to get or stay motivated. I just give in to all my cravings. The only good thing is that I just keep reminding myself that each day is a new day and maybe I'll turn the corner. I was so good this time last year.
    I should keep moving - have things to do before my exercise class. Take care.
    Zaza
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :drinker: What a great idea!!:flowerforyou:
    I want to loose at least 4 more pounds and I want to start to walk at least 1 hour 3xs a week and eat foods that are healthy in small portions.:drinker: :drinker: Thanks for the motivation!!!!:drinker:
    Not doing as well as I would like. I did loose one more pound and I am doing outside yard work but my life is just too hectic to get in a routine.
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I haven't written in awhile, but have continued to log food and exercise. Although I've only lost about 6 lbs in the last couple months, my resting heart rate has dropped 20 beats per minute and my blood pressure is down. It's important for all of us to remember there are rewards other than weight loss. Especially for those of us who are "mature". Hang in there everyone.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi Swissmiss I bought the same one polar f6 I had a coupon for 25 dollars off so felt I got a good deal. So far I love it. Thanks for the encouragement. Good luck to you.
    Lynn
  • l_mahloy
    Options
    dricotta 6 lbs in two months is very good for a fifty year old plus slow weight loss is better for your health as well as will stay off. So congrats great job hold your head up and be proud.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    thanks l_mahloy. My main goal is health so I can become a great grandmother! I don't know the "polar f6". Is it a total monitor? Do you find it helpful?
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Morning All.

I believe I am back on track. Thanks so much for all your thoughts and prayers. I have not worked since Saturday. I feel so bad about it. Today, I still have a lot on my plate, But, I do want to fit in a walk at least.

I plan to log in my food again today.

Glad to see so many on the thread. I still haven't had time to read all.

Thanks again for all the support. What a great group of ladies.

Kathy
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Morning all

Yesterday and today we are covered in a lovely blanket of ice due to freezing rain and slush. Well unfortunately I did not meet my goal I set for my wedding anniversary - quite the opposite actually. However quitting is not an option and I will see a loss on Saturday when I weigh in again.
    Today I will
    drink my water - I bought one I never tried before - cranberry flavoured and I like it
    eat healthy foods
    work out for 30 minutes

Take care ladies

Heather
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    good morning ladies!:smile:

Kathy - glad you are back on track. Be kind to yourself tho! One step at a time! Go for a walk, log your food. That's a great way to ease back into things. I think too often we expect it ALL of ourselves at once. Not such a great idea!

Dricotta - I agree with Lynn - 6 pounds in 2 months is awesome! Not only do i think it's healthier, i think you have a better chance of KEEPING it off - which, as i get older for me anyway, i realize is the real challange. I'm kind of addicted to the actual losing - it's the maintaining that hard!

I don't use a heart monitor but here's what i think i've figured out about the machines at my gym. If i use the programs that incorporate my weight i think i'm getting a more accurate calorie count. So that's what i'm doing from now on!

My goal today is to get SOME workout in. Usually i do hot yoga tonight but i think my son and his gf are coming over tonight to return my car (i loaned it to her 'cause hers was broken into and being repaired) so i want to see them. BUT - i can still make it to the gym and back before they get here - so that's the goal!

Have a great day everyone. Remember - nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!!!!!!! hugs:heart: elli
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    I am so ashamed. I bought some cookies from Panera Bread. They are so good. Well, I ate them. I love the shortbread ones.
    I had all intentions of walking my dog this morning but it is raining.:frown:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Went for a walk and feeling much better. Baby steps is all I can ask of myself.

Hope all is doing well

:heart: Kathy
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

Well, I guess it's time to replace my dvd player. This is the second day in a row that I have tried to play my workout dvds and the player will not play :grumble: I'll get something in somehow today!

Hope you all have a great day no matter what the weather does! We have rain again today but no ice!

Esther
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hello, Everybody:bigsmile:

As long as we check in with each other regularly, I think we'll stay on a healthy path. I know I'm not the only one who kicks myself because I don't achieve perfection every day.:laugh: :laugh:

This is going to be my way of life and I can do it one day at a time. I didn't get my bad habits overnight and I won't replace them overnight.

today is my birthday. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: I asked my husband to promise to not make me go out to dinner to celebrate...it's no treat for me to go somewhere where I can't predict or control the calories and what I want most in the world right now is to continue the path to my goal weight. However, some dear friends planned a party for their youngest daughter (she'll be 15 on Friday) and asked us to be a part of it and celebrate my birthday, too. It's a potluck and we said yes without thinking. Sanity returned and we volunteered to bring salad. I've got baby spinach, tomatoes, yellow, orange, and red pepper, onion, carrots, radishes. baby corn, artichoke hearts, and spray dressing and 'm going to serve it salad bar style. That way, no matter what else they serve, I'll know there's something I can eat

We have rain today but the temperature is way above freezing.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I've been to line dance and the dog park so my goals for the rest of the day are:
    *drink more water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    *eat smart at dinner tonight
    *get on the exercise bike for 30 minutes
    *finish my chores
    *smile a lot

Have a great day:bigsmile: :heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :bigsmile: :heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :drinker:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Birthday, Barbie. The salad bar is a great idea. You may not be the only person there who is watching what they eat. They may appreciate it also.
    Grammymax..I feel your frustration. All of my exercise tapes are videos. I don't have a VCR.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    l-mahloy..I am so jealous. Just kidding. I would have loved to have gotten $25.00 off of mine.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie!

Today I finally feel like I am back on local time so I have been up since before daylight playing catch up. It is finally warm enough to begin tilling for new flowerbeds. Wonder how many calories that burns....

My new goal is to exercise 3 times a day as often as possible. If those folks on tv can exercise for hours on end surely I can make time to do at least 30 minutes 3 times a day! Looking into water aerobics classes at the local junior college. Also trying to get in the habit of dividing my meals into 5-6 small ones instead of fewer larger ones.

I'm still losing inches, but not pounds. I'm ready to ramp it up and hopefully see some REAL progress!
  • l_mahloy
    Options
    The polar F6 straps to your chest and has a watch it records heart rate calories burned and I am just learning to use it. It also has some computer features Ihaven't finished reading all of the book yet.But like the idea of knowing my calories burnt as well as my heart rate during exercise.
    :wink:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Had a good day today. I walked but did not go to the gym or do my exercise DVD. I did get my house work done and visited my parents and did some of their house work. I just wanted to keep busy.

I see I_maholy has a Polar F6. I was using my new F6 last week and loved it. I have not used it yet this week. I should have used it today but I just did not get to it.

BIG (((((HUGS))))) to everyone.

I am catching up on some much needed rest.

Tomorrow is a new day

:heart: Kathy