40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    kelly - I love love LOVE tater tots! what is underneath them? the ice cream pie sounds divine!! Does your daughter generally eat more healthy when she is not going for the "comfort food"?

beeps - she did take her home. then I disinfected EVERYTHING. please please please, let no one else get sick!!! good luck with your daughter.

so, just about to board a plane back to detroit before my 2.5 hour drive home. good news: business lunch was healthy (kale salad AND quinoa salad with a scallop appetizer). bad news: TWO glasses of wine at the airport. (they are skimpy, right?)
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Icuconley~ Underneath is lean ground beef browned with onions, peas (you can use almost any veggie), cream of chicken soup( healthy requests), and reduced fat cheddar cheese. My daughter loves to eat and she also travels a lot for her job- she's in a different state every week, so she doesn't always eat as healthy as she could, but she is my runner and works out like a fiend just about every day. She has been training to run another marathon in May and is doing a Tough Mudder run in July. :smile:

No workout for me today. I have been having trouble with low blood sugars for the last day or so and had to call the doc today. I get to stop taking one of the medicines I am on, at least for now. Hopefully this is leading to getting off from them all together eventually! :bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    The Boston Marathon bombing news is TERRIBLE.

I'm so sick of sick people who do sick things....
  • stiggy64
    stiggy64 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Stiigy - I think you are right that a general consensus would say that men (especially when active/lifting) should not be as low as 1300 calories. I agree with your decision to up your cals. That being said, when you up your cals, your body will need to adjust to eating more. What did you up to? I think its great that you have reached a point that your weight is essentially ok...congrats. Enjoy your dog walk today!

I'm up to 2,000 which is a bit of jump so i'm expecting it to take a while for my body to readjust.

Did another 5x5 session today and really enjoyed it but work was calling so didn't have time to do any cardio after so planning a session tomorrow.
  • lcuconley
    Options
    Good morning all - it's going to be an awesome day! I got up and did my 3 miles of jogging and 2 miles of sprinting workout. Now I am enjoying a 2 egg breakfast! I did not workout the past two days. Sticking to 1500 cals is really tough for me (especially when I have a couple of glasses of wine) but weight was down this am, so I am doing something right!

Stingy - hate it when work gets in the way of working out!

Beeps - SO tragic. I can't comprehend it.

Kelly - feeling better today?
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids, sorry been MIA for a few days...Had a wonderful weekend, started with a grueling work out Saturday morning, a nice 2 1/2 hr car ride, and an awesome afternoon with my sister. Ended the day with a visit to a close friend who I haven't seen since Thanksgiving (she lives 3 hrs away) and she had the best reaction I've encountered to my changing appearance by far! Turns out she was also cleaning her closet and I found myself with a bag full of new outfits she was ready to ditch (some still had tags on), and the best part they were all sizes I have not been able to fit in since I had my daughter 13 years ago. Have to admit, it feels GREAT!

Looking forward to going to the gym today, too much pollen for me to walk outside during my lunch break. Hope everyone has a nice day!

BTW lcuconley - nice to be able to indulge every now and then and still lose weight. Congrats!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yes, lcuconley, low calories suck....but, it's the only way (for me) to lose the fat. I don't have much to lose and I'll be glad when these final inches (1" at my waist and 3" at my hips) MOVE OFF MY BODY!

newbegining - so nice when you get "compliments" - you're doing something right!!

Today, I lift.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Hello all! I managed to get a walk in last night around my neighborhood as it was a very nice evening weatherwise. It felt really good!
    I am hoping to head to the gym shortly for a walk on the treadmill during lunch. It would be great to be able to walk outside, but it is pouring rain here right now, UGH!

Icuconley- Blood sugars are up a bit more today,so I am feeling a better, but hopefully they won't go up too far.

Newbegining- I agree, it's a great feeling to get those compliments, especially from people you don't see all the time. My younger daughter had great things to say when I saw her this weekend. She isn't around that often because of her travel schedule for her work, so I only see her every few months.

Have a great day all!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!! I havent been very loyal to this thread and to the site since my mother passed away last May. I have been through a lot since but staying healthy and fit is always a goal of mine. Now my poor dad passed away last week. I just returned from his funeral. :cry: I just need to re-group.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    (((alf)))

Am sorry to read the news about your dad's passing. My condolences.
  • lcuconley
    Options
    Alf - so sorry to hear about your Dad. It must be a very difficult time for you. My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family. We are here for you when you regroup...

Kelly - lots of walking for you! Great!!

newbeg - sounds like you had a great weekend! Way get rewarded for your weight loss...for free!!

this am I ran a mile and then lifted. It was a super workout, and now I am pooped. c'mon coffee...kick in any time now....

What does everyone have on the workout agenda for today? We are halfway through the week!! Are you hitting your goals?
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Alf- so sorry aobut your dad. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

No workout for me today- had to go for fasting bloodwork this am for my appointment next week, and I have a full day of work and choir rehearsal this evening. I will be at the gym bright and early tomorrow morning though!

Have a good day all.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    No work-out for me, either....but, am keeping my calories low, am drinking water like it's my lifeline, and am taking tylenol for the headache.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Thursday all! Made it to the gym this morning and had a good work out. Full day of meetings and other fun work stuff ahead. Hope everyone else has a good day!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Good for you for getting to the gym, Kelly! That's always "job #1" for me.

So, I *do* hope to get to the gym, today, but think I will just do the elliptical for 30 minutes....I can't take a long lunch, today.

Tomorrow, I'll lift.
  • lcuconley
    Options
    Kelly - great job on getting a good workout in this am! Now you can enjoy the rest of your day! Hope your bloodwork test comes out well!

beeps - I agree, getting to the gym is the key...whatever happens there is ALL good.

so, this am I did my jog/sprint/jog workout. Had a sprint partner this am, which was SO awesome! Hopefully I can recruit a few more soccer players from my teams as it is such an awesome prep workout!

I did hot yoga last night. Unfortunately, it was a bit challenging to do "power" yoga on the same day as lifting, but better than not going at all!
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Getting to the gym is a MUST, I agree with you beeps and lcuconley :)

I ran 800 meters as a warm up yesterday and my knees are fried today, have to decide whether running is a good idea for me or maybe I should switch to rowing? Any thoughts/ suggestions?

I've been to the gym 3 days in a row, working out some "family stress" yuck! and plan to be back tonight. Tough work out ahead, knees to elbows anyone? had to look it up on youtube, wasn't quite sure how I was supposed to get my knees to my elbows but I get the picture now...hope I can do it!

On an NSV note, saw my immunologist this morning and things are great! He was very impressed with the progress I've made in the past 4 months- a bit of background info: I suffer from and autoimmune disorder that produces severe inflammation in the eye and have been medicated for the past 4 years. - turns out my clean diet and exercise have considerably helped reducing the inflammation and my medication was just reduced from 4x a day to once a day which is really, really cool 'cause the medicine is really expensive :) Anyway, thought I share.

have a great afternoon cool kids!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Wow, newbeg!ning, that's AWESOME NEWS!!

having just gone through round-after-round-after-round of drs for my son (re; asthma, plus endocrinologist for "slow growth"), I *KNOW* how awesome it is when medications can be REDUCED. That really is SUCH GOOD NEWS!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am glued to the news on Boston....

....will lift at lunch today!
  • FluffyMae
    FluffyMae Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in the +40 crowd...how the he** did that happen! On a quest to ditch the weight before full blown menopause hits. Sorry, don't mean to offend the men folk! I'm one of the cool kids though! LOL! I might be close to 43 but I can hold my own for 5 hour in the "pit" at Flogging Molly concerts! ;)

My kids are teens and life is beginning to get fun again. I would like to have a body to match my mind...fun, active and adventurous!