40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    20140508small_zps2c8ba3ac.jpg

Board (bored?) meetings today....

....and, oh yeah, Michelle Obama has NOTHING on these guns, baby!

NIIIICE! Hair looks lovely... great dress....lookin good!!!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Options
    Where the heck has Alf been??? Hope all is ok
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Nice2B! Yes....where is Alf?!?!?!?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok ok, the good thing, I am still alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh!!! I hate it that I haven't had time to get on here!!!!! Too many crazy things and little time now...waiting for my son's bus to arrive and he is having a meltdown, did something to the dog. Ugh!!! Going to Bikram but will take it easy, I think I pulled my obliques on the right side. :noway: :explode: and my knees have been hurting a lot lately...it sucks to get old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

I have missed so much on this thread :ohwell: :sad:
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    I leave for the airport in 6.5 HOURS!! omg....Europe awaits!

40+ peeps....make sure you do ALL the good stuff while I am away. Go lift heavy things! Don't eat too much! Have fun in everything that you do....choose happiness!

BOOM!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Options
    Hope all the Mum here have a lovely Mother's Day!!

Have a fantastic trip Beeps!

Alf - hopefully those stretches help you out - don't over do it though! Hope your son's day improves (yours too :flowerforyou: ) Good to hear that you're still around!! LOL

We have a fun filled weekend of spreading mulch ahead of us LOL I guess I'll count that as my workout, lots of lifting, pushing and pulling.

Enjoy your weekend!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    BEEPS, HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I survived the Bikram class. I actually feel pretty good today. :drinker: It has been hard for me to follow the 21 day tummy diet that I was going to do. :grumble: For some reason it was harder to stick with it compared to when I did the whole 30 program and achieved some great results from it. There have been more temptations lately. I really wanted to stick with it before the cruise next weekend. Oh well...:ohwell:

To all the great Moms in this thread, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!! Mothers should be appreciated and spoiled ALL the time but unfortunately it doesn't turn out that way. :frown: Wishing you are spoiled and filled with love at least on Sunday! I have been missing my mommy more lately, her 2 yr anniversary of her passing is coming up this month. :cry: :cry:

:flowerforyou:
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Cool Kids! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. It was food filled for me. Breakfast with the girlfriends on Saturday and then the guys at our church made breakfast for Mother's day and then out to dinner with my family for Mother's Day and my birthday. It was sooo good! I definitely needed my workout this morning!! Circuit style work out today along with some calisthenics. Whew!

Have a good day all!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Options
    Hey KellySue - Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you have a fabulous weekend - good for you!

Alf - I'm sorry you are in such pain from the loss of you Mother. I saw this and thought of you, I hope you enjoy it.

LostMums.jpg

Had a great Mother's Day Weekend, hope all the other Crazy Mum's did too!

Started the week fresh with a nice run and some core exercises.

Have a great day!
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    Happy Monday cool kids...Hope all the moms had a nice Mothers Day.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    hey cool kids! Feel awful that I keep falling off the radar....but am still around. Am just logging in now. It was a very long work day. Was away most of last week at a work conference....sat on my *kitten* for days. Long drives to and from conference. Actually got detoured on my way home which added 4 extra hours of driving to my already long trip, which translated into an extra night on the road. :noway: didn't get home until Saturday noon. Sunday was church, brunch with the family and the remainder if the day with my granddaughter. :heart: it was a beautiful day....all around.

First day back to work and it was a 13 hour day. :tongue: playing catch up is always fun. NOT!

So, looks like I missed a bit. Beeps is off to Europe? Have a blast girl. BTW....you look fab in that dress.
    Nice - great job on your run! Awesome time!
    Alf, hope your son managed to calm down.am sure the bikram helped you relax and recharge.

No workout for me in a few days...really need to get back into my lifting routine. I miss it, and it shows. :noway:

Welcome newbies! Hope to catch up more later.
    Ciao. :flowerforyou:
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Hi All! Hope everyone is having a lovely day! It has been nice here today. No workout for me today or walk- I didn't prep well enough and actually had to out and get lunch on my lunch break- imagine that!! I have to say though the day is dragging on and on and on.... You get the picture! I have Jake at the house tomorrow and Thursday and am hoping the rain holds off so maybe we can go outside at some point for a little bit before I have to go to work on those days. He was there today too,but Mommy forgot to bring his shoes.

See ya all later!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hey cool kids,

Nice, I just read the poem you posted about moms. So beautiful!! I lost my mom 20+ years ago! and that was so nice to read. A nice reminder....it is where we come from.

Today was another busy day. Held our staff retreat day, and it was truly a nice day. Lots of prep, so worked late last night preparing. Really feel like I have been dealing with things as they come and not preparing in advance as I should.....just dealing. :noway:
    Anyway, the day was a success....I think. Haven't read the evaluation forms yet, so don't know for sure.

Did manage my run today. Was actually heading home when DH called to say "let's run". Good thing cause I was beat and would have just headed home.

Had a last minute BnB guest last night, so getting the laundry (bedding and towels) done to get the room ready for the next one! :happy:

Baked my husband his favourite cookies as well. It actually has turned out into a rather productive day. :flowerforyou:
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Hump day all! Jake and I took a walk this morning- well, he rode in the stroller and I walked. It wasn't a heart pounding walk, but it was fun- he loves to see the big trucks and school buses. Some even waved to him!!

Supposed to have some sun and some rain today. We'll see how it turns out. Maybe I will take a walk on my lunch break. It was very humid here yesterday- not the best day to be doing a lot outdoors and then some wicked thunder storms last night.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all,

Kelly, am sure any time spent with Jake is fun and so worth it!
    We had our granddaughter for most of Sunday....it was a blast!

Well, sun was shining today, but it was still darn cold! Ran my 12 miles but I darn near froze on the way back. The wind was brutal and raw!!

Can't even begin it tell you how sick of this weather I am. :grumble:

Sunday was such a lovely warm day, and then Monday, we were back to cold, windy, wet weather. Ugh.
    On the bright side, have been seeing some incredible wildlife on my to and from work. Saw a cow moose on the wAy to work, then a big, beautiful bull moose on the way home.
    Saw a moose and a black bear on my road...so I guess the animals are thinking it's spring.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Yeah it's Friday!! ((Happy Dance)) Some weeks it feels like it will never get here!! Today was weight training day for me. It was tough getting there this morning as it is pouring rain here and just all around yucky today, but, as always, I am glad I made it there. Tomorrow is cardio day and I may go and swim with my hubby for a while too. He is taking me out for a belated birthday dinner since we already had plans to go out for Mother's day with my family last weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids.....

Torrential Rain here since 6AM this morning.....Trail Run 5k was canceled and rescheduled for the 30th. Glad cause the trails would be very slippery and dangerous.

Think Ill get a quick run on the treadmill in and then lift some weights.

Hope everyone has a great start to their weekend
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hey cool kids,

Hope you all had a good Friday! so thankful it's the weekend, and a long one at that! :happy:
    It snowed here yesterday and today.:sad: really!? Snow in May? :noway: :noway:
    I other than ?Sunday, it has been very cold, wet and windy here. I am sick and tired of *****ing about the crappy weather. It's making me grouchy.

Another BnB guest tonight. For a while it was looking like I would have 4 guests. There was a group of 3 kayakers looking for a place for the night. They managed to find a place around the bay from me. Too bad, would have enjoyed that. Had another inquiry for tonight, but the couple had a Boston Terrier. I told them they had to keep their dog in a carrier out of respect for other house guests. They could run it outside, but not in my home. Never heard back. You know, I am all for people loving their pets, but I don't want your pet running all over my house. I have had guests stay with dogs, and the clean up in immense. I have to make sure there is no dog hair around, as the next guest could possibly be severely allergic. :ohwell:

Did not get my workout in. I wanted to get home and get things cleaned and tided up before the guest arrived. So house work in stead of work out. :tongue:

Praying for sunshine and warmer weather. :flowerforyou:
  • sdereski
    Options
    BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: