40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Beeps- very pretty! Somebody has good taste!

Nice- great job with the run!

Did my circuit workout this morning and wish I could have just stayed at the gym. So not liking my job today. :cry: It's too long of a story to bore people with. Just a difficult place to work sometimes. Oh Well...

Have a good day all!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    Yes, my mother's day gifts, purchased by husband, are almost always jewelry! At least the kids sign the card....

My *kitten* hurts, so my lifting session did what it was supposed to, today. I think I did 60 weighted hip thrusts....OUCH-y MAMA!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Oh Dear! Everyone seems to be MIA today! I actually ended up coming home early today. Baby Boy was sick and Paw Paw needed some assistance. Hope everyone has a good evening.
  • zman1313
    zman1313 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Today I hit the 40lb mark...only 50more to go. I feel better than I ever have before, and I can't imagine how good it is going to feel once I hit my goal!
  • tlangenfeld
    tlangenfeld Posts: 2,330 Member
    Options
    where do I sign up :laugh:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am on a TEAR, today....I just have HAD it with any woman who is a MARTYR, has MARTYR-tendencies that she can't control, is MARTYR-ish. All of it.

If *you* want to be a martyr, by all means, go to town! But then you CANNOT complain about how hard you work, how much you sacrifice, how little sleep you get, WHATEVER. Go be martyr and then stfu already!

Now, since NOBODY here at 40+ is a martyr, hopefully it is gonna be OKAY that I wrote that!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Aww Kelly - I'm sorry to hear about the kiddo - hope he is feeling better real soon.

LOL Beeps - actually...... jk - I'm am guilty of being too nice sometimes, not even CLOSE to martyr but I offer my help too much then I'm like WTF was I thinking because others jump to let someone else take it all on so they don't have to and then I'm stuck getting it ALL done. I have had to learn to say I can't do any more than I am.

Hit the gym today for some treadmill intervals and a few rounds of body weight exercises (Squats, planks and push up variations) Felt good! Just needed to do something different.

Nice job zman! Keep it going!!
  • handyandy9x
    handyandy9x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well been back at work for 10 days and haven't reported in to the cool kids yet!.
    Still heading downhill with my weight.. hit a few bumps with a particularly boozy night before I came away, but at least being here at work gets me off the booze for a month. Normally I try to limit it to a glass of wine with dinner, but a couple of dinner parties and that went out the window!
    Still I have logged for over 100 days now and have kept logging as well as I can when I'm away, making best guesses as to what I'm actually eating. But my ideas of portion sizes are so much better for weighing everything while at home.

Keep up the good work everyone
  • rjlemieux95
    rjlemieux95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new on here and this message board caught my eye...mind if I join in? Would love to make some new friends and get a little support!
  • rjlemieux95
    rjlemieux95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    And give a little support too! :)
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Welcome to the new folks! It's bright and sunny here today. Hopefully I can sneak a walk in on my lunch break. Jake is staying home with Daddy today- that should be interesting- we're taking bets on how long it will be before he calls his mother! :laugh: He was so tired when I got home yesterday and had a very nasty upset tummy. Hoping today will be better.

Beeps- sorry to hear that you are having a problem with someone with "Martyr syndrome". It's all too easy to get caught up in sometimes. I always figure that I do what I can and if someone else thinks that they work harder or whatever, that's on them. I know that I am doing just fine!

Handy- great job on the continued weight loss. I'll be hoping on the scale "Officially" on Friday, but I do weigh sometimes during the week and am liking what I see so far this week. We'll see what happens on Friday...
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    How have I not seen this thread before? So glad to find the cool kids' hangout! :smokin:
    I suffered with martyr syndrome in my 20s... You know, because I was the ONLY one at my workplace who actually CAAAARED. Thankfully, I got over it. :ohwell:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi to all the new 40+ ers....hope you continue to join us as we all work toward our best fitness/nutrition journey!

My hair turned out good - so now I can get even MORE excited about Europe! Two more sleeps!

I am supposed to go lift at the gym, today, but my tummy isn't feeling well....we shall see if it settles down by lunch!

GO LIFT HEAVY THINGS, PEOPLE!

BOOM!
  • OhioTallGuy
    OhioTallGuy Posts: 82
    Options
    I have always wanted to be a cool kid! lol
  • tlangenfeld
    tlangenfeld Posts: 2,330 Member
    Options
    woke up to snow... REALLY snow in may UUGGHH was thinking we were done with this stuff BLAH!!!!!!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Cool Kids. Rainy here this morning but suppose to clear up and be sunny this afternoon so Ill get my run in then. Still a little stiff from weight training yesterday but Ill survive. Excited for my 5k next Friday night. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Good morning cool kids!! It is my birthday today. No big plans as I have to work all day, but celebrating with my whole family this weekend. Jake stayed home another day today so I am going to see him on my lunch break instead of taking a walk. Miss the little guy! Back to the gym tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids!!

Beautiful day here today and it looks like we will have a fabulous weekend! So looking to forward to 70+ degrees!! I couldn't handle 1 more day of snow - I feel for you TLANGENFELD! Hope it melts fast and is the last for you

HaPpY BiRtHdAy KELLY!!! Hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy your birthday plans with your family :flowerforyou:

Beeps, hope your tummy is feeling better. One more day! You must be so flippin excited!! We head to Italy in 70 days and I can hardly wait!!!

Got my gym time in today...I think I'm rubbing off on DH a bit. He has been going with me but just peddling on the bike or elliptical - he can't understand why I want to lift heavy things... LOL - Today I caught him doing push-ups when I got out of the shower :bigsmile:

Heading to pick up my baby from college today, so excited to see him and have him around for the summer!!

Hit some goals and Have a fabulous day!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    20140508small_zps2c8ba3ac.jpg

Board (bored?) meetings today....

....and, oh yeah, Michelle Obama has NOTHING on these guns, baby!
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 49, need to lose between 35 and 50 lbs. 35 would put me at a good weight but 50 is the weight I was when I was very thin and fit. I haven't weighed 105 in about 25 years! I'm 61.5".