40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids, hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

I am about to see my trainer to be tortured (lol).

Beeps --- 25 degrees...BRRRRRR. Dress warm and get it in. It's 90 degrees here and I am not ready for a/c just yet.

Have a great day kids.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Cool Kids

Yikes 25 degrees is cold Beeps.. stay warm

Crazy busy day today Yoga for me tonight. Training for my Trail Run 5k on the 30th. Hope everyone has a great day/evening
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Caramel- it's 25 celsius or about 77 degrees here in the US. Nice weather to be out in. It used to get me all the time!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    Yeah....25 degrees is practically a HEAT WAVE around here, lol!!

I *did* get out for about an 80-minute walk!

Today, I lift!

Also, TGIF!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Friday!!

happydance.gif

It was a lifting day this am. Good workout overall. The gym is only opened in the morning tomorrow and then closed for the remainder of the weekend until Tuesday. I will do my cardio time outside either walking or riding my bicylce. Probably the same on Monday. Retail therapy tomorrow!!!

Have a good weekend all!
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    momf3boys....good luck on the surgery..
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    to the American cool kids....Enjoy your long weekend!!!!!!!

I am off in 2 hours for 3 weeks! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: VACATION TIME! O yeah. :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sure, why not, have a good weekend all!

I am doing cardio on Saturday, lifting on Sunday....
  • Ripfit138
    Ripfit138 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids,
    Just dropped in to say hi. I'm new at this "40" stuff. heh.
    Cheers!
  • handyandy9x
    handyandy9x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    43 deg C here today.... that's almost 110 for those on Imperial units... a bit too warm for doing much walking outside this afternoon...but been following my plan, doing some good Bodyweight workouts, and cardio while away, so hopefully I'll have some good results when I get home on Wednesday...
    We've got a long weekend next weekend, so I'll enjoy that not that it means much when I have 4 weeks off!
    Keep up the good work all....enjoy your holiday weekend.
  • cmhoy71
    cmhoy71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    my gym has a sauna - nothing better then a good work out class then alternating between a cool shower and a sauna a couple of times! It's that feeling of exhaustion and freshness all at the same time!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I lifted yesterday. Am out of town today/tomorrow, so no more exercise until Wednesday.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Hey cool kids. Hope all of you are well.

I completed the 75 minute boot camp challenge today. It was encouraging to see about 60 people show up on a holiday. 3 of the 5 stations were outside in the hot sun....AWESOME....

Tomorrow is lift day.

Why was I craving dark chocolate today?

Have a great evening cook kids.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Another sleepless night so am catching up with all of you. We fly out tonight so not sure when I'll be able to log in again.

Worked out with my BFF and her trainer. OMG! I thought I was going to puke. 30 min of strength training left me looking like a drowned rat and feeling like a wet noodle. I can certainly see how one would see results in a hurry, working out with that gal on a regular basis. Too bad she lives 10 hrs away from me. Sure am feeling the DOMS. :tongue: it's all good .
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Sdereski- have a great time on your trip!! I probably would be too excited to sleep!

Happy Tuesday! I did an interval work out yesterday on the trail. It was such a gorgeous day here with a nice breeze! More BBQ fun after. Back to the grind today. Had Jake today and we went on an adventure outside with his little wagon in tow! He's a little explorer these days!

Busy week for me. I won't be able to get back to the gym until Saturday, but am hoping to get some lunch time walks in somewhere. I will have to keep the calories in check since the weekend wasn't so strict.

Have a good day all!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    On the bus home. Tired.

Back to regular life tomorrow.

I am grateful. Time for an eating break and a work-out streak!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Good morning cool kids. Hope all of you are well.

Sderski have a great time. Sounds like your workout was brutal...just like I like it. (smile)

Beeps---Sigh the holidays come and go so quickly.

KellySue--Hope you are well.

I have boxing-bosu training tonight...yipppeeeeee

My allergies are really reaking havoc.

Have a great day everyone.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids!! I have started C25K again. I have been running once a week now for a while and I have been feeling pretty good, so I decided to give it another go. I just completed week 1/day 2 this morning. We shall see how it progresses. I stopped doing it last year because it really hurt my knees, but now that I have dropped another 40+ pounds they seem better. Wish me luck!!

I am out of work at 2:00 today- hurray!! My hubby has an appointment to go to this afternoon and I am going with him. It will be a nice short day! Have a good one!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    caramel! That bus trip was NO HOLIDAY....I was chaperoning a band trip for my son's junior high school....

Anyway, happy to be back at work. Thought I could get a work-out in, today. Nada. Maybe a walk after work - I am SWAMPED.

GO LIFT HEAVY THINGS people....for me....please, GO DO THAT!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a nice long fun weekedn

Kelly Sue- Good Luck with C25k I love that program It helped me learn to run if you call what I do running..lol

Still keeping up with my weight training program..I think Im lifting too heavy of weights for squats. My knees are hurting and I never had that problem before. Im going to drop down 10 pounds and see if that helps. Was suppose to lift again today but I am giving myself another day of rest. Running a 5k trail run tomorrow night