40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Sdereski- glad to hear you made it to Sweden and were able to finish your marathon. Too bad people aren't that friendly or helpful- makes it a bit more uncomfortable.

Faytwain- congrats on finishing you first 5k trail run. Maybe that will be me someday!

I completed Day 1 of week 2 in C25K this morning. It was an interesting run- while I was on the trail that I run, I saw 4 turtles- bigguns! I am sure they were on their way into the water, but definitely an unusual sight to see so many at one time on the trail itself.

Have a great day all!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    faytwain - congrats on finishing the race and you are a GREAT person for getting off the couch and "DOING" - BOOM!

"Hey" from Canada, too, sdereski! I would love to see Sweden....enjoy!

caramel - hope you aren't too sore for another round o' fitness today - BOOM!

KellySue - turtles?!?!? How bizarre! And how WONDERFUL! ZOOM! for the run.

I am going back to the gym to lift, today. BOOM!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Good evening cool kids......

Beeps I am ready for another round. I know you will kick can at the gym.

KellySue did you happen to take photos of the turtles? I would have lost my focus after seeing them, As I love animals.

Good night cool kids

As beeps would say......BOOM
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Hump Day! This week seems to be dragging for me- probably because I am on vacation next week. Ugh! Oh well- only three more days to get through. We are going to see my hubby's family this weekend and my daughter and grandson are going with us. His family has only seen pictures of Jake so that should be fun. That is only for the weekend though and after that we have no big plans. We are talking about taking a day trip to Alexandria Bay and maybe spending a day with my parents, but otherwise- just hanging at home and relaxing.

Caramel- I didn't take pictures- I didn't want to stop my run to focus too much on them because I was afraid that I wouldn't finish. LOL. It was pretty cool though. I will be running the same trail tomorrow- if they happen to be out again- which is not very likely- I will try to take a picture for you!

I am supposed to lift on Friday, but my right shoulder started bothering me last evening- not really sure why or what I could have done to aggravate it, but we will have to see how things go.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    How are you feeling today, caramel??

I did go lifting yesterday, but my back was NOT ready for more deadlifts and i did have to sub-in weighted hip thrusts after that first set. I don't lift again until Thursday and that is probably a good thing!

KellySue - how fun to introduce your grandson to hubby's relatives!! I KNOW you will be "proud" and "doting"!

Another round of lay-offs at work....I kind of wish they would let me go because I really can't take this stress anymore....it would be terrible to be laid off - but then the die is cast and life shall go on. Lingering just feels like pure h*ll.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Hey cool kids. Hope all of you are well.

Beeps-I know the stress of watching and seeing layoffs. We acquired another company and they're looking for redundancy in order to eliminate people, so the stress is present with my office. Work is becoming difficult to find. It's not what you know, but who you know these days. I really hope the best for you.

KellySue-- that is so nice of you to offer to take pictures. I am truly a kid when it comes to animals.

I boxed and had my personal training session today. My body is sore.

I am not doing so hot with this running. I am second guessing myself for the run. I ran today and felt like I was going to have a heart attack. I really admire people who can run and enjoy it.

Have a great night everyone.
  • Beeps2011
    Options

Beeps-I know the stress of watching and seeing layoffs. We acquired another company and they're looking for redundancy in order to eliminate people, so the stress is present with my office. Work is becoming difficult to find. It's not what you know, but who you know these days. I really hope the best for you.

You are very kind! Thank you for thinking of me....

I do feel quite sad and down and even though I am exercising and trying to get a good night's sleep, this "funk" is likely related to work stress. Boooooooooooooooooo.

Anyway, I get to go to the gym and lift, today, and I am starting a new "module", which is always fun! (Not new to me because I have done it before, but not in about 6 months!)
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Morning all! Did my run today, but sad to say, no turtles. I thought this would probably be the case. Once they crossed the path to the water, they usually don't stray too far from there until it gets cold again.

The running is actually getting easier and a bit more comfortable. I actually look forward to doing it which wasn't the case when I first started running back in March. I find that it's all in the breathing. If I can get a good breathing rhythm down, I'm good.

Still planning on lifting tomorrow, shoulder seems a bit better today. We'll see how things go.

Long day at work today. Our annual meeting is tonight. They do awards and elect new officers to the board. They have asked a few of the people from my program to come and do a short performance so I am taking two singers and a lady who writes beautiful poetry over. It should be fun, but probably won't be done until 7:30 or so.

Have a great day everyone!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Happy Friday cool kids. Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

KellySue, I would love to know how you are making out with running. I tried yesterday and obviously I am not breathing correctly. I always sound like I am about to have an asthma attack or something.

Beeps--How are you doing today?

Any plans for the weekend? I need to wash and wax my car, go to the gym and the normal weekend stuff.

I hope all of you have a great weekend.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm doing great! It is Friday....and they don't lay people off on Fridays, lol!

No lifting, today....and my son has a baseball tournie all weekend, so I will be sitting out in the sunshine (but cold here - winter jacket will still be close at hand!).

How is everyone else?!?!?
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    What's going on in this thread?
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Friday! Yeah! It's finally here. I did my lifting this morning. It went well and no shoulder issues.

Caramel- the running is going well so far. I find that if I really concentrate on making sure I am breathing as deep of a breath as possible (usually air in through nose and mouth and out through the mouth) that it helps immensely with my ability to run longer distances. I am not as tired and feel like I am able to keep going. It actually is becoming almost addicting! I can't wait until the next time I get to run- which will be tomorrow!

Going away for the weekend with my hubby, daughter and grandson to see family. It should be a fun road trip! I am on vacation next week- actually a stay-cation. No big plans. I will be spending some extra time at the gym and visit with family and I think take a day trip or two.

Make it a great one All!
  • jbuck93
    jbuck93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just hit the big 4-0 last month.... so I guess I'm a cool kid now :drinker:
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids-

Kelly Sue Running is Addictive!!! I just down loaded the C210K app. Finished my Trail Run 5k last Friday. Hardest yet but loved every minute of it. Each 5k my time and running is improving Crazy week all around. Making settlement on a new house Monday.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Hey cool kids.

Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

I tried to run again today and I think I am my own worst enemy. I am going to download a couch to 5k app and see what happens.
    I took step-intense training today. We had to do lunges on paper plates and bridges. I dislike paper plates today. My thighs are BURNING!!!!! (lol).

Can't wait to hear what everyone did for the weekend.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Just got home from our weekend away. Had a really nice time and, of course, everyone thought Jacob was adorable:love: I ran yesterday morning before we left and will be going to the gym tomorrow. Definitely need to make up for all of the dining out!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Had a great weekend - was a perfect weekend for watching son's ball tournament! But, also I ate like crap....don't want to undo all that hard work from last week!

So, will drop another 350 calories this week (just 50 per day!) and am going to go lift, today.

BOOM!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    I am glad all of you had a good weekend. Hope you are well and in good spirits.

Extreme fit and running for me this evening. Will get this running under control.

Have a great day cool kids.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Man, DOMs is hitting me hard, today.

I had my FAVOURITE 10-to-1 complexes show up in my work-out, though...I JUST LOVE THOSE!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I don't usually work-out on Tuesdays, but I am going to, today. Likely won't do many weights - maybe a few of the moves I don't get to do too often (back extensions, some bi/tri work!). Mostly will run on the elliptical....why not?!?!?!?