• FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Cool Kids

Hi Novus

Beeps good luck to your son in his baseball playoff

Carmel you will rock your race

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

My foot is feeling a lot better but still no running on it for another week. My hubby thinks I should wait to run until we come back from Ireland Maybe I will We have been planning this trip for a long time and Id hate to have a hurt foot during it So hard not to run though

Planning a nice bike ride and picnic with the family today! Enjoy your Sunday
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids!

Welcome to the new people!

My weekend didn't go quite as planned. I had Jake, but he is on an antibiotic for an ear infection which has caused other issues leading to a nasty rash on his little behind. Needless to say, we passed on the swimming for this week. We still had fun, but he was a bit more tired than usual, and having to give him medication was not fun!! He is not cooperative at all when it comes to that.

Went to a picnic/party yesterday for a friend who graduated from the correctional offices academy. It was really nice, but I always seem to overeat at things like that. I love summer salads and all of the other picnic yumminess. They also had fried turkey which was divine!

Did my circuit workout this morning with a few extra laps to help burn a few extra calories from yesterday! Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    Thanks, faytwain...my kids baseball team blew it on game 1!! That's right, never lost a game all season and lost game one, so they were "out" of the play-offs and merely got a consolation game on Sunday (which they won....).

Blech. Baseball ends with a THUD.

Mind you, he starts into provincial baseball the first weekend in July!!

Hockey is DONE. thank the heavens!! Until September, I hope and trust.

I will get my weight-training in 3 x this week. YAY!

And, I FINALLY found a walking partner!! So, we begin on July 3 and we will walk for 1 hour everyday after work (weather permitting). That should help my waistline!

Have a great day, KellySue!
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    Happy Monday Cool Kids-

Kelly Sue Hope Jake feels better soon. Hated when my boys had ear infections Had to wrestle them down to take their medicine

Beeps Our baseball season ended with a THUD too... Always next year

I have deicide that I'm not going to start back running until we come back from Ireland . this should give my foot time to heal and then just ease back into running. I think between the trail run then doing the 10k trainer I put some strain on my foot. Live and learn Just want to take care of it now before it becomes a major problem If it still is causing a problem then I'm going to have to see a foot doctor
  • The_Godwin_72
    The_Godwin_72 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Oh my word- This is the best group I have seen!

Happy Monday- Cool Kids
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids, hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

Today is my one year on MFP and I can not believe a year has passed already. Whohoooo

KellySue, sorry to hear about Jake. Ear infections are AWFUL...Aww kiss the little guy for me.

Fay, you are so active, it is hard to keep up with you. (smile)

Beeps, you have a plan and I look forward to hearing about your lifts.

I have extreme fit tonight and I have to give 1000% because I have not worked out in a few days as I was truly fatigued and needed a break.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    faytwain - I like the "waiting" plan....I think it is the best way to avoid further injury!

Hello TGodwin!

CONGRATULATIONS, caramel, on your ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

That is awesome --->>> BOOM!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Caramel- congrats on your 1yr anniversary!!

Faytwain- I agree, it's best to wait. Like Beeps said- better to avoid further injury. Have a great time in Ireland!

I ran this morning. I did end up deciding to repeat week 4 of C25K this week and then I will move on to week 5 next week. It was a good run this morning though. They finally removed the two trees that had fallen in the path that I run on so I was able to keep going and didn't have to stop to step over downed trees. Also, I got a "dry" window of time. It was raining shortly before I got up but had stopped when I was up and then it started to rain again just as I was going up the stairs after. I do have to say that I would have welcomed a light rain towards the end of the run as it was quite humid when I was out there!

Rest day tomorrow and back at it Thursday. Have a great day all!
  • newfie026
    newfie026 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hiya people!! I'm Lisa. I'm a 49-year-old teacher who lost 52 pounds in the last 15 months or so. I've been maintaining for a few weeks now and having fun. I'll be going home to Newfoundland on Saturday for two weeks to show the new me!! My family hasn't seen me in four years.. The last time I weighed 134 lbs, I was 23 years old. I am in way better shape now than I was then. A bit slaggier, but hey, I can actually run a bit, now. I'm wearing smaller sizes than when I was 23, too. That's what counts..
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I want to join. Just turned 40 this year. I've recently joined MFP and I've lost 32lbs so far! I live in Georgia and I have 2 girls. I am a training director who travels alot!

I'd love to join and share experiences!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hello All, It has been a while since I checked in. It sounds like everyone is doing great and trying new things. Awesome! I am just maintaining but I will take that with the way the last couple of months have been.

Life has been crazy with work and my son's baseball schedule; trying to cordinate rides to practices and games 2 nights a week making for late nights for me. His team took 1st place in the tournament they played on Sunday so that was incredible!! It has been tons of running around but I love these years watching him grow into a young man and being there for him. I am also in the middle of concrete work going on at my home to put in a heated floor in our shed and putting in a patio and sidewalk off my house. UGGGH I do not know how couples build home together, this has been enough construction decisions & working around messes for my marriage :explode: It should be all be done this weekend.

Keep up the motivation and get out and move today!!!
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Cool Kids-

Welcome to all the newcomers

Carmel Congrats on your 1 yr anniversary. That is a BIG accomplishment

ruby congrats to your son 1st place is awesome. I have lived through several additions and renovations. No fun but the end result is always worth it in the end. We are in the middle of renovating a 100 year old house FUN

Beeps waiting to run is best but its so hard..lol

Kelly Sue I loved c25k Im going to start over again when I get back from Ireland. I am hoping my foot will be ready for it by then I need to ice it more often
    Going to do some weight training tonight then a small walk.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!! No workout for me today. Hoping it will stop raining so I can get out and run tomorrow morning.

Ruby- good to see you back. Good luck with your home improvements!

Faytwain- I really am enjoying doing this program. I am just hoping I can do the longer runs when I get there! :laugh:

Have a good day all!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day cool kids,

Kelly - hope little Jake is feeling better.

Saw my granddaughter on Sunday and the first thing she said to me was "I'm a beautiful princess today, but I didn't wear my princess dress because I didn't want to get any sand on it." :heart: Then I asked her "who is the most beautiful girl in the world?" and she immediately replies "ME!" :heart: Dontcha just wish they can keep that confidence and attitude?

have been busy trying to get everything done in my life that needs doing for this weekend.
    My one sister arrived, the other and her entire family arrive tomorrow, brother & SIL arrive Friday.
    The run I organize takes place Saturday, so we are getting ourselves organized for that - busy, last minute stuff.
    Helping with the reunion stuff that is happening on the weekend as well and trying to get my house in order all at the same time.

Have my AGM this morning. Once that is done, I will feel like summer has arrived! :happy:

Have exercised much, but I did manage a nice little run yesterday.

spoke to a trainer about taking me on 2x week for some strength training. This will start after everyone leaves. Hopefully that will help get me back on track and I can continue with my workouts at home on 2 other days.

Better go - need to get ready for this meeting. Have a great day all. :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski - good luck at the AGM! Yes, that IS a "summer signal"!!

:)

TODAY , I LIFT!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies. Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

My trainer is on vacation for 2 weeks and it will be a tad weird, but I will still lift and do other things until she returns. I look forward to Wednesday's as it is boxing night.

For those of you who go to the gym, is your gym open on July 4th? If so, do they offer challenges? My gym is doing a 90 minute boot camp challenge or barre and pilates challenge and the classes are full every year. I love it. I tried barre and pilates and yes it is hard, but it's something about box jumps, and kettle ball swings that get me going.

There is a store called DOTS that is closing their doors and I brought 3 sundresses at 1.00 each and they are a size medium. I am wearing one in my profile. I am still shocked at how much I still weigh and can wear a medium. I guess the saying about weight liffing-strength training does distribute upon you differently.

Have a great day everyone.
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    HHD Cool Kids-

Went to Spin class this AM Now icing my foot and elevating it. Doesn't hurt when I spin but this is the treatment I was given for pain in the ball of my foot. I swear next time I wont ignore anything!!

Beeps Have fun lifting

Kelly Sue- You will be able to get thru the long runs In week 5. I rember thinking how could I do a 20 minute run straight. I just loaded up my ipod with songs I like to run too that were 4 minutes or long in lenth. 5- 4minute songs equals twenty minutes.... I would say to myself oh I have this song left.... before I knew it I did it

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids! Got my run in today. No rain to stop me!

Faytwain~ I like your suggestion. I kind of do that now. I think about the 3min. run as one song and the five minute as about a song and a half. There are some podcasts that I want to download too so I am thinking that I could turn on one of them when I run the longer runs as well.

I am going to visit with Jacob on my lunch break. He is doing much better this week. Looking forward to seeing him

Have a good day all!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    No lifting today....off to my daughter's (grade 6) graduation.

:happy: