40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning cool kids,

No workout for me yesterday, but I did work....for 5 hours doing some major house cleaning, inside and out. Worked up a good sweat doing so.
    Fell into bed at 11:30 totally exhausted, but the house looked and smelled great! :happy:

It's my Friday today - BIG weekend ahead.

have a great one all!:flowerforyou:
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    It's Friday, It's Friday, It's Friday!! Happy Dance!! I did my strength training today. It was tough as it has been a couple of weeks since I last did this routine. My stomach is a bit off today as well, so I had to really push myself to get through it, but I made it.

I am planning on sneaking in a run tomorrow morning before we are off and running for the day. My hubby has an appointment at 11:15 and then we have to get the Jeep inspected at 12:30. Then we are talking about going for a swim at the gym before heading home.

I enjoyed visiting with Jake on my lunch break yesterday- always hard to leave though. He was playing in his little water table and splashing us! Too cute!

Have a great day all!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I, too, am OVER THE MOON that it is Friday!

I will get my third lifting session in today....that's the first time in 3 weeks that I haven't had to settle for 2 x per week - so that's great!

We are having supper out to celebrate my mom's (upcoming) birthday and my middle son's birthday....then hubby and I sneak off to a hotel for one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary!

My parents leave town tomorrow when we get back from the hotel and then we have a nice little weekend to cocoon as a family before the next wave of (friends, not family....) company arrives!

BOOM!
  • The_Godwin_72
    The_Godwin_72 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Morning Cool Kids- Happy Monday? Last day in June.

Beeps- Hope your super busy Family and fun weekend war OUTSTANDING !

hope everyone else had a Fabulous weekend. So happy for the 4 day work week I almost can't stand it.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Good morning!! Busy weekend. We ran all of our errands on Saturday and then my hubby ended up getting very sick and has been so all weekend. I did go out for a bike ride yesterday and rode almost 11.5 miles. It was too nice to stay in and hubs was sleeping.

Went to the gym this am. Good workout overall. I normally go on Friday again, but being that it's the July 4th weekend, I won't. I will probably run at home instead.

Have a good one all!
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    43 here. Killed a lifting sesh today. 250 reps, 400 Mtn climbers/body squats (i do Cardio Acceleration in between sets) 100 pushups and 5min pre and post cardio.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Today, I lift!! Today is also my 14th wedding anniversary. And, we are having my son's 13th birthday party TONIGHT (bowling + sleep-over....)

My month-end-June reporting is the lazy-kind....I didn't weigh. I didn't measure. My muffin-top is TOO BIG. The end.

Soooooooooooo, now that my month of celebrations and company and events is OVER, I can spend July and August truly paying attention to what I put in my mouth, and so I SHALL!

More water. Protein bars/shakes for the day. 1 x normal-sized evening meal - with protein veggies forming 3/4 of the plate and, wherever possible, skipping the starch. No after-supper food whatsoever. Booze on weekends only.

By end of July, I should be in good shape and by end of August, I should be ready to actually step on the scale.

BOOM!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids. Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

Wasted time----I HATE Mountain climbers and my trainer knows it and she makes it a point to torture me with them every week and you did 400. I hope to be like you when I grow up. (smile)

I decided to switch things up a bit this week since my trainer is on vacation. I will box today, followed by les mills body attack (sports conditioning class). I am getting better with the running, yet I still sound like Darth Vader. The race is in 27 days and I intend to show significant improvement by then.

Beeps you had an eventful and busy month.

KellySue you are another busy bee.

I hope all of you have a fantastic day.

Cheers
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Happy July cool kids....

I boxed and took body attack yesterday and surprisingly I am not sore.

It is so hot outside, I will take a brisk walk or a light jog this evening.

I am so grateful it is a short week this week.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Happy Canada Day!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I NEED AN INTERVENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, its me!!!! I am hating myself lately!!!! What is wrong with me????? Ever since I went on the cruise in MAY!!!! It all has gone downhill!!!! been eating nothing but crap, can't get back to my healthy self before the cruise. I am sooooo mad!!!!! at myself of course...there is no one to blame but ME!!!! Sorry for abandoning you guys! :( I just havent been myself lately. BUT today is the first of a new month and I need to get back on track...already today I've had cake, lots of it, hardly any water...what a good start huh??? HELP!!!!! :sad: :sad:
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Alf- You can do it!!

I was in training for work all day yesterday. It was nice to be away from my desk for a day! I had planned on working out yesterday morning, but some seriously low blood sugar said otherwise. Too low even after eating a snack to be safe.

Yesterday was my Hubby's birthday and he was finally starting to feel better so we went to dinner last night and then got frozen yogurt after. Fun, fun, fun!

I got my run in this morning. It was quite humid so I am glad that I was able to get it in this morning instead of worrying about later.

Have a good day !
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    ALF you will get back on track

Kelly Sue Glad you got your run in and are feeling better

Leaving for Ireland this weekend so running around packing and taking care of last minute details Going to fit in a cycling class toady just for my sanity...LOL

If I don't make it back on I hope eveyone has a great 4th of July
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I NEED AN INTERVENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, its me!!!! I am hating myself lately!!!! What is wrong with me????? Ever since I went on the cruise in MAY!!!! It all has gone downhill!!!! been eating nothing but crap, can't get back to my healthy self before the cruise. I am sooooo mad!!!!! at myself of course...there is no one to blame but ME!!!! Sorry for abandoning you guys! :( I just havent been myself lately. BUT today is the first of a new month and I need to get back on track...already today I've had cake, lots of it, hardly any water...what a good start huh??? HELP!!!!! :sad: :sad:

You are a steady-strong performer and sooooooooooo what that you wobbled!!! You will get RIGHT back on track and you will report back that you are doing the things you want to do to meet your own fitness/nutrition goals!

BOOM!
  • sdereski
    Options

you and me both sister. :grumble:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi Cool kids!!

Happy Anniversary Beeps - hope you enjoyed your private time and family time before the visitors arrived.

Fay - so exciting about your trip! Ireland is definitely on my bucket list ans suspect I will get there in the next couple of years.

Kelly - great job getting out and getting those workouts in - despite the weather!

Alf - I am in the SAME boat!!

What a crazy, busy, FUN weekend we had!!!!
    Saw so many old school friends - some I had not seen since high school graduation. :happy:
    The run I organize was a success as well, with weather cooperating ALL weekend! :happy:

Having said all that - no workouts, crappy eating and too much alcohol.................so, I NEED to get my *kitten* in gear and back on track.
    My sister and her family leave Friday morning, so hopefully the eating and drinking will settle down some. Getting out for a walk / run is almost torture as the black flies are horrendous. I was out Monday night thinking it was lovely because of the breeze. Well, the back of my neck is a mass of bites as is the side of my face & neck. Ugh!

Just wanted to pop in and say "hello". :flowerforyou:
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options

Hey cool kids, hope all of you are well and in good spirits on this HOT sunny July day. We are expecting a bad tropical storm for the 4th and it' s making people quite uneasy.

Alf- I do not know about you and your story, but to ask for help is commendable. Tell yourself that you are worth it and get a little tough with yourself. The journey comes with bumps and some bruises, yet you can make a complete u-turn to get yourself back on track. The support is here, you just have to take that first step which is hardest.

Fay--I can not wait to hear about your exciting venture in Ireland. Keep working hard as it will pay off.

Kelly--I admire anyone who can still run in this heat. I am sure at boxing tonight we will have to run for warm-up

Beeps--Is this a lift day for you? If so, enjoy.

If I missed anyone, sorry.....

Have a great day everyone and remember "If it is important to YOU , YOU will find a way, if not YOU will find an excuse"

BOOM!!!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options

Getting out for a walk / run is almost torture as the black flies are horrendous. I was out Monday night thinking it was lovely because of the breeze. Well, the back of my neck is a mass of bites as is the side of my face & neck. Ugh!

I totally didn't know that black flies bit, at ALL?!?!?/ omg

Around here, it is mosquitoes....but, I don't care. Tonight, in the 28 degree heat, I AM GOING FOR A WALK!

ZOOM!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    caramel - YES I LIFTED, TODAY!

I hope that no serious storm hits your area....that would be terrible!

I must say, the weather around here is (FINALLY!) glorious and sunny and warm....mid- to high- 20's all week and hopefully all next week (all summer, really...) too!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I've really missed all of you!!!!! :cry: Thank you for the support!!! Slowly but steady. I need to stop this!!!! I keep losing the same 10 pounds every so many months or so...I just do not maintain my weight at all...and it is mostly a trip that does me in and then it is so hard to get back on track!!!! This time it was two trips back to back. The cruise which I had no control whatsoever and a week later I went to Vegas to celebrate my niece's 21 birthday with all my sisters and daughter. That was some insane craziness. LOL YES I CAN , I KNOW I CAN, I CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sdereski, not really happy you are on the same boat but glad to hear I am not alone! How are you darling???

KellySue, good hearing from you!! How is your grandson? My granddaughter is going to be 6 yrs old Jul 16!!! They grow too fast!!!! And guess what more baking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beeps, how are you????? How was trip to Europe????

Caramel, you are soooo sweet, thank you for kind words...

Good night!!! :flowerforyou: