40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your hubby, KellySue, that father's day plans fell a bit through....we had a REALLY nice "father's day weekend" here! (Had to make it a "weekend" because Sunday was actually full of kidlet activities....not much on the table for Dad!)

We made all the phone calls to the Dad/s and Grandpa/s in our lives....and the weather was quite cooperative this weekend so even got some time on the deck on Saturday afternoon.

Looks like another killer week on the work-front....I have planned weight-lifting on Monday and tuesday and that's about all the time I got!

I might try and just get up 30 minutes early and do a walk each of Thurs and Fri morning....that would at least help me "feel normal" even if it isn't weight-training!

Hope to get off to see "Maleficent" with the kidlets tonight!

BOOM!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Back at work today. Really wasn't looking forward to it, but guess I gotta do what I gotta do! Back to my regular gym schedule- almost- this week. I did my circuit workout this morning, but have still been having some trouble with the shoulder off and on so I took it easy on the arm stuff and left out the dips today. I would normally go to the gym again on Friday, but the electric company is putting in a new electrical pole so the gym is going to be closed for a five hour block of time in the morning when I am usually there. Not to worry, I have a plan! I am going to run the trails Tues/Thurs already and am planning on adding Friday to my schedule this week as well. Then I may just do a more fun workout on Saturday, like swimming or something.

Yesterday was a nice relaxing day with my parents. The girls called their dad in the morning and we will get together with them next weekend. It was a nice day weather wise as well and I enjoyed sitting out in the sun for a bit as well.

Have a good rest of the day all.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Beeps, have things settled down at work regarding the layoffs? Sounds like those remaining are left to pick up the slack.

Kelly - good plan you have! The trails look nice.

Fay - good job with your workouts and runs! Sounds like you have a good strength / cardio balance going on.

Am back home and trying to get caught up and back into the swing of things.

Spent my weekend doing laundry and housework, but it was nice and relaxing too. Nothing too taxing. Our youngest son came home for the weekend and he and his dad spent it fishing. Sunday, I had the family over for a nice dinner.

Sunday was a beautiful day here and I got a bit of deck time as well. The bugs are so bad though that they kept driving me back into the house. They seem to be really bad this year at our place. In town, they don't seem quite as bad, but when you live in the bush.....

Went for a walk / run after work yesterday. Really need to get back onto my strength training program. I loved it and my body was starting to show the results.

Have 3 B&B guests arriving tonight, so it won't be happening tonight. Do have a dinner date with some girlfriends tonight, but will try and get a walk in before I head to dinner.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids. I started week 4 of C25K today. It wasn't my best day for sure. I may go through this week a couple of times now that it is getting into more running than walking.

Caramel- My profile pic is one I took with my iPod last Saturday of one of the turtles that pops up on the trails now and then. No turtles seen today, but I saw two bunnies and a deer instead! They were too quick to get pictures of!

Have a good one all!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    KellySue - I like that you have pre-planned your work-out days when you have to be off-schedule (like for a power outage)....I could learn from you!

sdereski - I am not even that BUSY at work! It is more all of the superfluous stuff that just shows up in June - grad ceremonies, orthodontist appts (kids), company arriving, blah, blah, blah.....I'm having to take my lunch hours to run errands or show up at ceremonies, so i can't use them to work-out. That really is my current pickle.

July IS on the horizon and all of that "busy-ness" goes away....so, I need to get my head out of my *kitten* and simply MANAGE for the next couple of weeks.....I need to STOP thinking it is "the end of the world"....it's just a friggin' BLIP for gawd's sakes!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids. Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

KellySue, you have no idea how much you made my day. I am smiling like a little kid. There are no words to describe the love I have for animals. THANK YOU!!!!!! YIPEEEEE

I am sore from Extreme Fit last night and today is rest day because I have boxing/bosu training tomorrow. We have a code orange due to the humidity and walking is not smart for me.

Fay you inspire me.

I hope I end up liking this whole running bit like many of my friends.

Have a great day everyone.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Hi Cool
    Its been crazy busy here new house kids have last exams and last day of school today YEAH

We are leaving for Ireland on July 4th so need to start getting things together! Glad my crazy busy are all good things!!

It sounds like you are all doing great....

Hurt my foot late last week so I've had to take some time off from running. Starting to feel better but don't want to push it too quick and hurt it worse. I have been weight lifting and bike riding. Yoga on tap today. Need to find my Zen!!

Happy Hump Day
  • christinemac17
    christinemac17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    been a long time... bumping to keep in touch
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Hey cool kids. Hope you are well and in good spirits.

For the last 3 days we have been in code orange due to the heat. If we are in the 100's and it's only June, I am scared of July and August.

I have boxing and bosu training tonight and I look forward to the torture.

Beeps are you ok? Fay you are taking the right course of action and that is to not put undue stress on your foot. I continue to wish you a speedy recovery. I have not been to yoga in months and my body can definitely tell.

Have a great day everyone. Stay cool for those of you who are experiencing the heat.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!! Rest day for me today- which I think I needed. Had some DOMS from doing lunges and squats on Monday and then running yesterday. Will be running tomorrow and Friday.

Just found out that Jake will be staying overnight with us on Friday too! Yeah!! We're hoping we can keep him for a while on Saturday and take him swimming with us. Little "fishie" loves the water!

Caramel- glad you liked the picture!

Have a good day all!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I had lunch with Hillary Clinton today.

Well, me and 800 of my closest "friends".

HILLARY IS AWESOME! I was SO SUPER-CHARGED when I left the luncheon. Came back to my office and realized I live a totally mediocre life.

Ate a bunch of chocolate-covered almonds....

Gawd.

Anyway, back-on-track tomorrow because there is NO way that Hillary did ALL the things she did while shoveling chocolate-covered almonds down her throat.

Lesson learned.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Whew, a NEW day full of all the opportunities and excitement that a day can have!

Today, I lift.

:love:
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Beeps~ read your post from yesterday. We may not all have our names in lights or have a book on the top ten list, but that does not mean that our lives are mediocre. We have different purposes in life. When we take on our purpose with "gusto", which, by the way, I'm sure you do- our lives are anything but mediocre and we are able to inspire and encourage those around us. It's all about attitude!

Any how- I ran this morning and did better than Tuesday. The only thing I came up against today was two trees that have fallen down on the trail, so I did have to slow down so that I could step over them. I will run again tomorrow.

Jake is staying with us until about 4:00 on Saturday so we will be taking him swimming and then who knows!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks, KellySue....I want that LARGER THAN LIFE life, I guess. Not sure *that* feeling will ever leave me. I do live a happy life. I am NOT miserable!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Friday All! Ran this morning and completed week 4 of C25K, but am thinking that I might repeat it next week because I don't think I am quite ready for the longer runs that come up in week 5.

I will be getting out of work a couple of hours early today so I can go play with Jake. I am planning on taking him to the playground when I get home and then we are taking him swimming tomorrow and then maybe either to the park or to play at the play place at McDonald's. He could care less about the food, but loves to climb through all those tubes and slides!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Happy Friday!
  • mattn72
    mattn72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Can I be one of the cool kids? Lol

Day two of being back. So far so good. Let's hope it keeps going.

Matt
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Happy Friday cool kids, hope all of you are well.

Beeps that was nice that you had lunch with Hillary Clinton. That is an experience you shall never forget.

Matt, welcome.

KellieSue, My race is under 6 weeks and I really do have to get this breathing technique under control. I hope Jake loves the water.

I am going to run this evening and hoping I do better than Wednesday.

Enjoy our evening kids
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My brother/wife and kidlets will be arriving at my house anytime now! Toddlers and preschoolers in da house!!

Hopefully, it will be nice enough this weekend we can spend most of it outside....in part because my son has baseball playoffs so we HAVE to be outside for some of it.

I had a rough afternoon at work, so I really want a beer....and I know my brother will be up for that!

Have a great weekend, everybody.

:smile:
  • Novus175
    Novus175 Posts: 80
    Options
    Oh, thank goodness.....I finally found where all the MFP grown-ups hang out! The forums have been scaring me with all the immaturity and ridiculousness but I think I'll feel safe here! Hi everyone!