Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I join the club - I qualified on Saturday!:wink:
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies. Hope all of you are well.

Beeps I do not work out on Tuesdays due to my extreme fit class on Monday nights. I am so sore on Tuesdays. I am glad you can get an additional day in.

Now that summer is upon us and the gym is virtually empty, I plan to capitalize on it by training an additional day per week.

Do any of you find it harder to maintain your goals during the summer?

Have a great day kids.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    I bailed on my Tuesday work-out due to too many meetings at the office....so, am just making sure i increase NO calories for today and that is just the way it has to be.

caramel - what is an "extreme fit" class?!??!?!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    caramel - what is an "extreme fit" class?!??!?!
    [/quote]

Hey beeps, extreme fit is a mix between bootcamp and crossfit. 60 minutes of sheer torture, yet I go every single week.
    Hope you are well. I know you will stay on track.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Cool Kids!!

Carmel That extreme fit class sounds interesting

Made settlement on Monday on new house. Things are already getting crazy busy. Still want to maintain my exercise and eating habits through the madness. Getting back to prelogging the day before and meal planning and prepping. Still plan on lifting twice a week . Also planning on starting the c210k running program.

Hope everyone has a great day
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yes, caramel, extreme fit class DOES sound like TORTURE!! How lovely that you make sure you meet the challenge every single week! That is AWESOME!

faytwain - the BEST thing about humans is that we are in TOTAL CONTROL of what we put in our mouths!! Total control...so, remember that as you navigate your busy days!!

For pete's sakes, I had an early morning meeting and have an after-work function and so.....have to work through lunch, AGAIN, which MEANS NO WORK-OUT, AGAIN!!

Blech.....watching my calories....have to save some for the (lite) beer I am DEFINITELY going to want/need come after-work function.

GO LIFT HEAVY THINGS....I'll get back to the gym tomorrow!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Hey cool kids, hope all of you are well.

My hunger has increased since I am doing more weight training. Would love to know what each of you do to curb your hunger.

Fay--Congrats on the house. Sounds like you have a sound plan in place. I know when you put your mind to something it is as good as done.

Beeps, I know you are beside yourself, yet I am confident you will get your gym time in.

I have boxing and bosu training tonight. This class is 30 minutes on the bags and calisthentic training for 30 minutes which include the bosu ball. More torture for me. I would have it no other way.

Have a great day everyone.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am still around. Didn't make it to the gym Monday, but went to visit with my parents instead. Went yesterday and swam laps with my husband and ran day 1 of week 3 in the C25K program along with some calisthenics. I am hoping to run outside tomorrow and hit the gym on Friday. Vacation is going well overall. It has been rainy so we had to cancel some plans, but it has been relaxing.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Good morning cool kids. Hope all of you are well.

KellySue, I was starting wonder where you were and if you were ok. Glad you dropped in. Happy you are having a good vacation.

Had a master trainer teach boxing-bosu training last night. My HRM clocked me at 800 in 60 minutes. It was non stop cardio. I love it. I am sore today mind you from the box jumps, and running. I meet with my personal trainer tonight and that will be more torture. I like to be challenged and the classes I take does just that, pushes me to what I think are my limits, until I realize I have surpassed it.

My girlfriend says I am OBSESSED with the gym, I believe the appropriate word is DEDICATED.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    $&#(&#(%&(&(Q@ no f*cking gym time.

AGAIN.

At least I look really pretty in my dress!

THE END.
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    Kelly Sue Glad you are enjoying your vacation

Beeps- I hate it when I cant make it to the gym Things will calm down soon hopefully

Carmen-bosu boxing sounds awesome

I started the c210k program today did week 9 day 1 I feel pretty good for running 40 minutes well I do know tomorrow or later on tonight could be a different story. Maybe I should schedule a massage...hummmm just as a precautionary measure to combat soreness..lol

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    What is c210k??

I cannot even figure out what those initials mean: "See Two One Zero Kay"....nope, makes NO sense to me!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    $&#(&#(%&(&(Q@ no f*cking gym time.

AGAIN.

At least I look really pretty in my dress!

THE END.

This made me chuckle! Looking good is important! :happy:
  • sdereski
    Options
    What is c210k??

I cannot even figure out what those initials mean: "See Two One Zero Kay"....nope, makes NO sense to me!

Couch to 10 km run. C210k. Often you see c25k couch to 5k for those that are starting to run. :-)
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi cool kids. Back from my vacation....time to get serious again.
    Sure did LOTS of walking but I sure as heck didn't count calories. I wore my pedometer on some days and on those days it showed I walked about 15 - 16 kms. :happy:

Unpacking and doing laundry today. Will try and get caught up with everyone over the weekend.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi cool kids. Back from my vacation....time to get serious again.
    Sure did LOTS of walking but I sure as heck didn't count calories. I wore my pedometer on some days and on those days it showed I walked about 15 - 16 kms. :happy:

Unpacking and doing laundry today. Will try and get caught up with everyone over the weekend.

Welcome back!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Happy Friday cool kids, hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

Welcome back sdereski. Glad you had a great time.

Any plans for the weekend? I am going to keep training for my race in July. I offcially registered yesterday. So I have to come out fighting now.

Beeps, I know you are going to really kick butt when you go to the gym.

Kellysue and Fay, Keep me up to date on your running. I am trying to be like you when I grow up (smile)

Have a great weekend....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I made it to the gym!

Whew!

I am feeling MUCH better since just doing that. only 2 lifting sessions this week....which isn't optimum, but it is what it is!

Scheduled cardio happening tomorrow.

Happy Father's Day to all the 40+ers who are fathers!
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    Beeps glad you made it to the gym c210k couch to 10 k running app started with the 5

Sderski glad you had a nice vacation

Made it to the gym myself for a lifting and bodyweight work out... Been doing this twice a week thinking about adding a third day soon

Will run tomorrow Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can run outside if not Ill run on the treadmill Going to attempt week 9 day 2 of the 10k app walk 5 min warm up then run 10minutes then walk 1 minute for a total of 4 times then 5 min cool down

Happy Fathers Day to all the Cool Kid Daddies
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Eve. Have had a busy day! Had a ladies meeting at church this morning and tried to go to a local nature center to walk the trails, but it ended up being closed because of high winds.( there's a small lakd there and I guess the water level is higher than usual so they had to close?) We then decided to take a drive and then I came home and made food for tomorrow, made dinner and then mowed the lawn. Whew!

Any how, I did run this morning before my meetin. I finished day 3 of week 3 in the C25K program. The run part is two cycles of 90 seconds running, 90 seconds walking, 3 minutes running, 3 minutes walking. I had other things on my mind this morning so I wasn't really concentrating on what I was doing so 3 minutes seemed like a long time, but it was still good.

Celebrating with my dad tomorrow. Hubs is a bit disappointed 'cause my older daughter is spending the day with het husband's family and the younger daughter's hubs got into some poison ivy and is quite a mess so they aren't coming out either. C'est la vie. We will get together with them probably next weekend.

Have a good night.