40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank Georgianna! I'm trying. Wish I was able to get up as early as you are and hit the gym. Snow is slowly melting here and I have to get myself back to running 3 times a week. I think it will be much easier when I can get outside and go for a run with my dog. She is an excellent pacer. ;)
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hello cool kids! Turned 40 less than 2 months ago. Love it. Been feeling kinda tired and low on energy the last few days though. Not sure why. Resting heart rate in the last few days have been in the upper 40s to low 50s. Usually its in the mid/upper 50s. Seems kinda low but my cardio is good so im not sure if i should worry or not. Glad to see so many active cool kids.
  • modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm new here and was more than happy to join a 40+ cool kids group. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

About me...I'm a few weeks shy of 45 and will be celebrating it up in Vegas when the time comes. Mom of two boys 18 and 14 and married for 24 years. I've battled my weight since childhood which has given me a lot of food fears (and bad memories of bullying) that I work on daily. I've been clean eating for about 3 years, although I enjoy straying on occasion. I started strength training 2 years ago. I love it so much and my body responds quite well to it. I also enjoy vinyasa and yin yoga.

I'm kicking myself that I relaxed in my ways over the last year and can tell by the way my clothes fit, so I'm here to get myself back on track. I've been lifting again very regularly for the last 2 months and am starting to see some progress but its a lot slower than in the past. Still trying to figure out how to tweek my progress. I'm currently 147 (5'8) and aiming for 139 with more muscle definition and less BF, which is where I was a year ago.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the concern but if my house floods the world is ending. I'm at least 80 feet above flood stage for the Ohio River even though I'm only about 2 miles away.
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    KellySue67 wrote: »
    Hubby is making progress everyday! Yesterday they had him standing with the aid of a standing lift and today he stood four times during PT using the wall to stabilize himself!! So exciting! Hoping he will be home very soon! It will be five months on Thursday since he has been home- YIKES!

KellySue,
    That's wonderful! I've been lifting your family up.

And, hey y'all - I may be back - just finished my first cardio since my daughter entered the hospital February 22. It helps that this week is Spring Break for me, and I can catch up on tasks and rest.

Wow, Larro. And I was feeling ahead of the curve because I've actually planned some garden planting. Of course, I am considerably north of you.

Happy Wednesday, all!
  • vomckey
    vomckey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wish me luck cool kids. Husband announced we are heading out on a 4 day Roadtrip.

We will be active hiking and touring about w/ kids and dog, but will also be eating in restaurants.
  • MynameisJerryB
    MynameisJerryB Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm only going to be with you guys for a couple more years. I'll be 48 in September
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I'm only going to be with you guys for a couple more years. I'll be 48 in September

It's the 40+ Club. I'm 54 and they haven't kicked me out yet.

Larro
  • kerrymelissa1
    kerrymelissa1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just getting around to checking in. The cleaning lady's son wrecked her truck, and she couldn't come today. So I went light on my pre-cleaning lady cleaning duties. I did get in a few hours on the tractor, then watch the FSU basketball team all but blow a 20 point lead in the ACC tourney. They did live to play another day. When they lose the season is over for them. Their record was too bad for a post season bid to the Big Dance, or even the NIT.

I did go into work to water the lobby plants, and slipped off long enough to have supper with Margie. I scheduled her Prius for maintenance tomorrow and she is taking the day off to go with me. She wants a new Prius before she retires at the end of next year, and thought we could look while they are changing the oil. Her car is an '05, so it's showing it's age a little, but still a good car.

KS, glad the hubby is showing signs of improvement.

Curious, the plants I have been transplanting are beef steak tomatoes, bell, Jalapeno and chili peppers. I've put 32 of each in cups so far. But I had a whole bunch of sprouts breaking the soil this morning in a few more trays. Those are Roma, Cherry and Rutgers tomatoes. There are also sweet banana pepper seeds and seeds I saved from store bought Mini Sweet Peppers that were planted at the same time. They should be coming up anytime now. I did all sorts of searching for the mini sweet pepper seeds and couldn't find them. But I did come across a thread in a hot pepper forum where someone had planted the saved seeds and got sweet peppers, but they were really long. I don't care how they look as long as they taste the same.

Hope everyone had a good day,

Larro

PS: I cut up the garden today, and cut the fire break around the longleaf pines. They need to be burned this month if the March winds will cooperate.

fpjz6gqkqr7h.jpg
  • mommylern5
    mommylern5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well I've been hard at this for about 2 weeks or so. Finally starting to see results as far as weight loss & inches lost. Not a lot but I feel stronger & tighter
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    hey Kids, hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

Being a caretaker is very difficult and yesterday I had a MAJOR breakdown. It's been going on for over a year and I am overdue in talking about it. Often times, we give so much concern and care to the sick person, and he caregiver is forgotten.
    You know I was out of it to miss my extreme fit class. I willl box tonight as I have to rid my body of this stress.

Have a great day everyone.
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well ... it's been an odd week.

1) Injured my shoulder last Wednesday playing hockey, which dampened my workout schedule since.

2) Had not one but 2 meals "out" on Tuesday.

3) Went to karate last night finally able to raise arm straight in the air for the first time in a week, and 15 minutes in ended up pulling a groin muscle.

*sigh* The body is getting old :p
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey Stepannie,
    My only FitBit gripe is that mine doesn't hold a charge for more than 16 hrs, so I have to plug in overnight and can't use the sleep tracker part.

I have the same issue. I haven't used mine in months because I found this to be very frustrating! When I first got it, it was great, but after several months it just would not hold a charge for anything!
    @KellySue67 and @‌Curiousgeorgianna

Hmm...I have had mine (a Flex) for over 18 months and have never had this issue. Did you contact FitBit? I've found that they have awesome customer service!
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids B)
    Room for one more?
    Just turned 40 and feeling my way around ;)
    I managed to lose around 15 kg. a few years ago using MFP. But erm now I´m back, and looking forward to losing them again *sigh* Anywho. Looking forward to getting to now you all *waves*
    Have a nice day!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,943 Member
    Options
    Being a caretaker is very difficult .

I think this is very true. And, some of us (like me...) have no skills and even less interest in doing such task(s).

So, I won't. I don't. I can't.

For all of you who do - hats off to you! I will not join your ranks....

I shall lift heavy things, instead!

(Although, not today....today is travel day to funeral province.)

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,943 Member
    Options
    larro - your tractor pictures always make me laugh! Tractors!! Who knew?!?!??!?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    hey Kids, hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

Being a caretaker is very difficult and yesterday I had a MAJOR breakdown. It's been going on for over a year and I am overdue in talking about it. Often times, we give so much concern and care to the sick person, and he caregiver is forgotten.
    You know I was out of it to miss my extreme fit class. I willl box tonight as I have to rid my body of this stress.

Have a great day everyone.

Carmel - sorry to hear this. Working in health care, that is something that we talk about a lot. One of my nurses often likes to visit her patients in their home for that particular reason - gets a better sense of how the caregiver is making out. Too often we see the caregiver end up suffering greater than the "patient". Take care of YOU. <3

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool kids.
    Another hectic week is coming to an end for me. Mon - Thurs seem to be crazy busy, but I have managed to get a good workout in each day. Between snowshoeing (uphill both ways ;) ) and my workout classes, I have been going steady. Can't wait until tomorrow, as I need a rest!

Kelly Sue - so glad to hear that your husband is making progress! My goodness, 5 months away from your husband is far too long! Keep my fingers crossed that progress continues and he is home with you soon!

Beeps - great job lifting and congrats on that flat stomach! Am sure you will look "drop dead gorgeous" in that dress. Safe travels today.

Larro - love the pictures! Sure looks like you have quite a bit of land to take care of . Isn't that a full time job in itself?

web - hope that shoulder doesn't cause you too much distress. I know when one is active, any injury is such a pain, more so because it sidelines us from our workouts.

Welcome new cool kids!

Below is are a couple of pictures of my new granddaughter. <3

tszvf63kamkc.jpg

15bvsd0m05tb.jpg

• StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hey Stepannie,
    My only FitBit gripe is that mine doesn't hold a charge for more than 16 hrs, so I have to plug in overnight and can't use the sleep tracker part.

I have the same issue. I haven't used mine in months because I found this to be very frustrating! When I first got it, it was great, but after several months it just would not hold a charge for anything!

Hi ladies, I don't seem to have the problem with the charging. I usually have to charge mine up every couple of days. I'm a slacker, I don't wear mine at night. LOL
    It still doesn't synch up with MFP although it does synch up well with it's own software. LOL
    May contact FitBit and see if they have any ideas.

Have my 5K of the season on Saturday. It's supposed to rain, sleet and snow. Oh joy. Just what I want to run in. Ugh!!!! Pulled out my cold weather gear to run in and hoping that I will stay warm. Hate running in that mess! Ick! LOL