40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Alf- My grandson is good. I don't get to see him as often as I would like. My daughter is off for the summer and has a million plans and never seems to be home- I steal a moment when I can. You are right- they do grow way to fast! I can sympathize with feeling like you are losing the same weight over and over again. I have been stuck for almost four months and keep bouncing around the same 5lbs. So frustrating. I know some of it is me because it always seems we have some kind of function or family get together that throws me off, but it's not daily. I do feel like I bust my behind sometimes and have not moved in terms of the scale or inches, for that matter, in a while. PATIENCE!!- I have to keep telling myself this!

Ran this morning. It was good to get out there. I will probably run tomorrow too since the gym is closed for the 4th of July. We have no big plans for tomorrow. It may just be a nice quiet day at home which is very rare for me so I will take it!

Have a good day all!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Am attempting a cleanse day today - first one in MONTHS! I need to get this over eating thing under control. :grumble:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Alf - Europe was very awesome! Feels like a million years ago, frankly....I, too am losing the SAME 10 lbs over-and-over again. But, I feel committed to dropping it by end-of-August and then working diligently on 5 more by Xmas. It's all doable....I just have to stop opening my pie-hole everytime food is around!!

KellySue - bouncing around the same 5 lbs doesn't feel good....no better than bouncing around the same 10!! However, YOU are a diligent, consistent, and disciplined person. So, you are gonna BUST through that plateau, FOR SURE!

sdereski - I did a "surprise" fast on Canada Day and felt WAY better yesterday....good luck on your cleanse, I am sure you will do GREAT!

No lifting for me, today. I have a patio event after work with gf's...it is gonna be 30 here today so I am looking forward to it. yes, I will drink, so that means NO snacks for me in order to remain in my calorie-goal for today!

BOOM!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids, hope all of you are well. The storm came and left last night leaving it more humid today. Another storm is upon us as I type this today.

I just told my family I am overdue for a 30 day raw fast/cleanse. I been feeling blah lately.

Resting the remainder of the day in anticipation of the boot camp/boxing challenge tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening everyone.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good morning cool kids,

Happy 4th of July to my American friends! :drinker:

Had a successful cleanse / fast day yesterday and do feel good this morning. Have to keep that up weekly.

Went out and did some speed work at the track last night - again, something I had not done in over a year. Went for a leisurely walk afterward. This morning was up and at it and even made it to a morning workout class - it was Tabata, a high intensity / interval workout. I prefer the strength training workouts, but they do mix it up, so that's good.

Today is my granddaughter's 3rd birthday! Where did the time go? :noway: Attending her bday party after work, so am being very good today, as I know there will be cake. Had my post workout protein shake and some fresh berries. Sure hope this is the start of some fat shedding and pounds dropping!:tongue:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to those who celebrate that!

Today, I am going to LIFT.

I am very glad it is Friday and I am going to figure out how to exit work as early as possible today because it is 25, sunny and my PATIO IS BECKONING ME.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone....I took the 75 minute bootcamp-boxing challenge today. My body is busted....I took my neighbor with me and she has been asleep most of the day. She may decline my next invitation....lol

Hope all of you have a safe and enjoyable weekend.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids-

Carmel your bootcamp sounds interesting.. Think I might try one when I get back

Hope all my US friends had a great 4th.

Leaving tomorrow night for Ireland Keep up the great work See you all when I get back
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello kids, how is everyone doing??

Faytwain, have fun in Ireland!!!! :drinker:

caramel, 75 min bootcamp? Ouch!!! I am sure it was fun though. :noway:

Beeps, I like your rationale, closing the piehole :laugh: :laugh: yep, that is what I should be doing. The sugars have really gotten to me lately. It has to stop!!! New day, new week...I woke up a little disgusted with myself especially after seeing that back in April I weighed 124 and I was feeling great!!! This morning 133 and feeling like a slob!!! It is my fault, most definitely!!!!

Sdereski, what do you do in your cleanse? Is it just fasting or you take something specific? I have been thinking about doing IF again, that worked for me.

Have a great day!! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Ireland! I am totally jealous!

Alf, somehow if I remember correctly, you drop weight quickly when you cut back, so I am sure 124 will be yours very soon!

Today, I lift!
  • kjgarcia
    kjgarcia Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am back after a brief (or not so brief) hiatus!

I don't know what happens, but I am ready to get the scale moving DOWN!
  • mg1123
    mg1123 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Saying hello. I couldn't go back and read all the pages and pages of posts! I am 45, if that matters. I just finished up an elimination diet, now trying to reintegrate foods. I do workout 6 days a week, usually with DVDs at home, but I am going to try a pilates class during lunch twice a week and see how that goes. It should fit into the stretch and recover days, and leave Friday or Saturday as rest days.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Go lift heavy things you newcomers!! GO LIFT SOMETHING HEAVY RIGHT NOW!

I just finished my work-out.

The weather is PERFECT for a walk after work. BOOM!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

Extreme fit tonight and my body is sore at the thought of it.

Fay - I am happy you made it to Ireland safely. Have a great time/

Beeps-- I know you are lifting heavy things. I will tonight at extreme fit (a 40lb kettle ball and hope I can keep it in the air and not on my big toe...lol)

Alf--Hope you are well and ready to kick some butt

Welcome back to those of you who have not been around in a bit.

I completed the 75 minute bootcamp boxing challenge. I took my neighbor and of course she is still crying sore (lol).

Have a great day everyone.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    caramel....yep, I remember you have those Monday night heaviness stuff goin' on. BOOM!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Sorry I haven't been around in a few days. The long holiday weekend was chaos for me. Jake ended up spending the night with us last Thursday so his mom and dad could have a bit of quiet time. Wally ended up being sick most of the weekend, but did manage to go to a shared birthday party for him, my brother and my aunt on Sunday. A lot of my time was spent taking care of stuff for him. Also found out that my 95 yr old grandmother has pneumonia and may not make it to the end of the week- it's her second bout of it in just a few weeks time. And also, a woman that was in my program for years passed away Monday morning- OIY! Yesterday I ended up taking Wally in to the doctor and missing work. They put him on a second antibiotic and sent him for a CT scan due to having a large amount of back pain- possible kidney stones. It has been crazy to say the least. I did get a couple of runs and a bike ride in there though- which I needed for my sanity!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    good grief, KellySue....that all sounds VERY intense! I sure hope things work out well.

today I am giving my second weekday lifting change a go...
  • kjgarcia
    kjgarcia Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Goodness KellySue!!! I hope everyone is on the mend, and life settles down a little bit for you!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Greetings cool kids. Hope everyone is well.

KellySue, you really have had a lot to deal with. I hope it all settles down soon. It is commendable you were still get some activity in despite all the challenges.

Beeps-- Lift heavy things of course

My trainer is back after a 2 week vacation and decided to work out with us for extreme fit. All I can say is walking around my office today is a challenge. Her energy was triple time. We were screaming and 60 minutes seem to have taken forever. It was so humid and running out in it just took your breath away. The room sound like a bunch of over-heated dogs from all of the panting. (lol). I am not complaining because I will be there again and again each and every Monday. I love the torture. I am resting today.

Make it a point to have a great day everyone.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I did lift heavy things!!

I am gonna hit my calorie deficit, now, I tell you....

I have a wedding to attend on September 20 and JUST FOUND MY DRESS! So, to MAKE SURE I am "one size smaller" in 10 weeks, I am posting MY motivation right here!!

So, I want to be down 5 lbs by end of July. I will aim for 3 more lbs down by end of August. And, then 2 more lbs down by wedding event.

That's 10 lb, baby!!

Let me know your thoughts on this dress --->>>

(I'm tall, so the pattern should work...)

dress_zps87ffaabd.jpg

dressfront_zpsa7f32926.jpg