40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    @vomckey‌, good looking family!

Larro, LOL :D Thanks!

I had a great time with my granddaughter. She spent the night. Today we went to church and then shopping! That's what girls do right? I was going to go to the gym but changed my mind. I stayed within my calories and need a rest day anyways.

Looks it's been a good weekend for everyone! Take care!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

My AM cardio today was pushing an overflowing shopping cart around Sam's Club in Panama City. {While we were down there I bought myself a vehicle too. It's a sporty red single seater. I have to go back down tomorrow to bring it home. I'll post a picture then} We had lunch at Applebee's. I had one of their low calorie meals, Cedar Grilled Lemon Chicken and a Caesar Salad. Both were real good.

I got out just before dark to plant onions and hoe my beans. Most of what I was hoeing up was volunteer peas and melons. Orange was keeping one eye on my work, and the other on Bad Word.

xa187vu6ems6.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good weekend,

Larro
  • SDranchwife
    Options
    Newbie here! I can't believe I am joining the 40+ Cool Kids groups. But here I am! 41 in the HOUSSSSSE! What do I need to know?
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Went for a little walk today, just 2,5km. But it was so lovely to out and about in the sun and watch the small pops of colour here and there. I SO need some sunshine after this long, horid grey winter. Yuk! I can feel the energy starting to come back a little everyday. Loving it!

What a beautiful cat Orange is Larrodarro! He/she? reminds me of my mothers two Main Coons. They are wonderful cats :smile:
  • mommylern5
    mommylern5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Weekends are always bad for me because we usually go out to eat, but I didn't do too bad this weekend! Didn't get any exercise in though. Which I guess is okay because my legs still hurt from the 3 miles on Friday lol! Today I will be doing the turbo sculpt and maybe the ab jam. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Allenpriest- so sorry to hear about your friend.

Alf- love the pic with your grand daughter! Fun times!

80's themed aerobics was a blast- I seriously forgot how uncoordinated I was!!! I almost fell off the step a couple of times- too funny! Maybe when they get their pictures posted I will show you the group shot!
    Saturday I went to see Hubby- he's doing well. He's experiencing some back pain and muscle spasms, but it's to be expected considering how long it's been since he has been on his feet. Hopefully it will pass quickly. Sunday I pulled a muscle in the back of my left thigh when I was getting out of the car at church- no bueno! It has been bothering me ever since. I walked this morning instead of running intervals so I don't over do it. Also, today was arms, chest and back day.
    Tomorrow I get to spend the whole day with my grandson- really looking forward to it. I haven't decided what we are going to do yet.

Have a good day all!
  • tiffany271D
    tiffany271D Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. New here... I need to try something new. This group seems great.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,978 Member
    Options
    Cats! Grandkids! Smiling families!

Keep the awesome photos coming....

....I have very little to report. I did bring my gym clothes to work, but am VERY tired from a busy (funeral) weekend and truly have very little desire to work-out. I might....even changing into my gym clothes helps me get started.

For sure I will hit my lifting-class tomorrow - so no worries....

GO LIFT HEAVY THINGS! BOOM!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Morning Cool Kids!
    After a long weekend, I have a lot of checking in to do!
    Larro, is "Bad Word" a dog? Love to new blue ride ... is your new red single seater possibly a two wheeler?
    Welcome Anthony. Lots of mojo here.
    Chicady - I hope you got to run outside this weekend. I'm in the NW corner of California. We have a few Brits, lots of Canadians, someone in a "territory" and I recall we had (gone for awhile) a Fin. Welcome!
    -Alisha, how was kayaking?!?!
    Jackie, did you get outside for a run this weekend? Hope it was nice.
    Danmsw - you sound like a man with a plan! Hold on to that optimism.
    Crosbylee, glad your daughter is feeling better!
    furballs, did you say bacon? That soup sounds great. I love kitchen days.
    BettyM, welcome!
    Kate, you're doing so great in maintenance mode! Your also ridiculously busy! I can empathise.
    KS, Good job on all of the fun exercising, and have fun with Jake tomorrow!
    Mommylern, I'm 50 in November! And yes, let's get there in fine style, shall we?
    Allenpriest, horrible news about Steve. So sad. We lost a friend here last year in the exact same way. Devastating.
    AHatFull - Tea-loving 6 yo and botanical gardens sounds like a heavenly day. Thanks for sharing.
    Alf, great pic! Looks like fun at the park, and of course the shopping!
    vomckey, good to see your family road trip is going so well! Looks like a happy group.
    Natallie, pillow cases! I love pillow cases. What a fun snow day project.
    Beeps, go put on your gym clothes!
    Hi Caramel!
    Welcome new folk.

My weekend went pretty great. A planned sleep in on Saturday, followed by a walk to the gym and an extended work out. Then a motorcycle ride on Buttercup! She got her new knobbies, so dirt is in our future! Then Sunday was, of course, kayaking! We got scolded by an otter. It rained steady all day, so the newly transplanted roses were happy. The chickens not so much. Down 2.5 lbs. for the week. Was up at 4:30 this morning and at the gym by 5. Then rode my bicycle to work! :) ... and I will have to ride it back home this eve :\. I have a feeling all of those squats and lunges will be catching up with me by this afternoon.
    The plan is to be at the gym at 5 a.m. again tomorrow, ride the moto to work, and do Hard CORE at lunch. MF gym & bicycle, TTh, gym & gym again with driving. W just bicycle. Saturday is the only 'rest' day. Should be doable, though there always seems to be something to derail a streak -- like a big all-day training we're hosting on Thursday- so no lunch break.

Have a great day everyone!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Curious you are one busy gal!! Great work for the weekend. I was pretty lazy this past weekend. Just enjoying the sunshine that we had not seen for a while. Thanks for the thoughts for my little one. She is back to her old self and very busy. Planning to get myself back into the gym after work a few days this week, so I can start some type of workout for myself. It has been tough trying to find the time to spend working on me. Hope everyone had a great weekend and looking forward to a great week.

Beeps--go lift some heavy things for me!! BOOM!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Annual check up at the doc last week. blood work done on Friday - results tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what comes up from losing so much weight over the last 15 months. I still have 110 lbs to go to goal, but 90 lost may change a few things. But my numbers were not bad at all before. Even as big as I was/am my BP has always been normal - and it was again. But good genes cannot overcome really bad habits forever. Therefore the weight loss plan.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,978 Member
    Options
    I did go lift heavy things!! I did, I did, I did!!!

And, in the middle of my workout, some dudes came in and started setting up an entire photo-shoot for 1 dude and 1 chickadee.....blech.

Flash-bulbs!! Flash-bulbs!! Flash-bulbs!!

I am blind....try working out with your eyes closed (especially balance moves!!) - it is NOT easy.

Anyway, I am done! BOOM!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I did go lift heavy things!! I did, I did, I did!!!

And, in the middle of my workout, some dudes came in and started setting up an entire photo-shoot for 1 dude and 1 chickadee.....blech.

Flash-bulbs!! Flash-bulbs!! Flash-bulbs!!

I am blind....try working out with your eyes closed (especially balance moves!!) - it is NOT easy.

Anyway, I am done! BOOM!

So wish there was a like button! B):D

• bradleykelly5061
    Options
    Hi I am Brad. 41 years old and survived another Michigan winter. I did quite well last year. I weighed 300 pounds a year ago and lost 30 pounds between April and September. I kept it off through the holidays and gained 7 pounds back through the winter. I just completed a Florida trip and feel ready to begin getting control back.

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Welcome Brad. Sounds like you are ready to take it back and take care of yourself!!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Larro, is "Bad Word" a dog? Love to new blue ride ... is your new red single seater possibly a two wheeler?

I will try to make this story as short as possible, but Bad Word is a cat, whose real name is Hell B!tch. Last summer when my grand niece came down we had to think up a PC name in a hurry, thus Bad Word. Her and her sister started their lives on the Larro Ranchero, but were given to one of Margie's employees, when they were given a couple of long drawn out names that soon got shortened to Lucy and Sue. The lady's husband is in the National Guard, he got stationed at Homestead and she went down there to live with him. Their two college age sons were to take care of Lucy and Sue, but being kids, they didn't come home very often. So after a few thousand dollars in damage to hard wood floors, along with stains to white carpet, ripped drapes, etc, etc, the cats came back to live at the Larro Ranchero. It didn't take Hell B!tch long to earn her new name. She is mean to all the other cats, and will whip them if they try to get any petting from me. I was calling her sister Sue. As it turned out Hell *kitten* was Sue, so now I call the other cat Not Sue. But here is Bad Word helping me decide what seeds to plant next.

11061942_912959922082465_5888520940125117146_n.jpg?oh=84d0d7e628f7704c202fcb648f0ec368&oe=5580BAC6&__gda__=1434969794_177fa8201819dc7aee641b3e97e65c1e

And my shiny red single seater is a no wheeler. I guess I could blame you as a bad influence with all of your water pictures. But it was a discontinued model, and marked down from $450 to $300. I'm tempted to leave it in the truck tonight, and put it in the river in the morning. Might as well go ahead and break it in right.

2ylru4jilf7k.jpg

Larro
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Protein for the week. :D1rti3enp3xwy.jpg
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Blah - I reeeeeeally wanted chips (that's UK chips - US fries) when I got home from work this evening... so I had chips, lots of chips... humph!

Ah well - I also made a spreadsheet to track weekly net calories, with groovy automatic cell colouring based on the calculated weekly average: green for yay!, red for whoops... the three previous full weeks (since I re-started logging) have all come out as yay! even with a few whoops days - I'll take that :) (but my favourite thing is I figured out how to automatically colour the result cells based on their calculation result - I'm rubbish at Excel, PowerPoint - yes, Excel - NOOO!)

dkrvdkvltpfm.png
  • mommylern5
    mommylern5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I got a new workout outfit ❤️ Now I just need new running shoes! Did my turbo sculpt & ab jam then walked 20 minutes. Calories at 1050 for the day. Please no grief on the calories that how my body rolls lol!
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    And my shiny red single seater is a no wheeler. I guess I could blame you as a bad influence with all of your water pictures. But it was a discontinued model, and marked down from $450 to $300. I'm tempted to leave it in the truck tonight, and put it in the river in the morning. Might as well go ahead and break it in right.

2ylru4jilf7k.jpg

Larro

How hysterical! Look what I bought last night!x98eubwjqpus.jpg