40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all! Rainy, icky day here so no walk on my lunch break today. I did have some fun play time with Jake this morning. We played follow the leader and he walked me all over the house several times. :laugh: Too much fun! He wanted to come to work with me and was blowing PawPaw kisses when I was putting my shoes on to leave. He was a bit disappointed, but I'm sure he got over it quickly.

Hopefully the weather will improve so that I can get at least a couple of walks in over the next couple of days since Jake is at the house three days this week. Otherwise, I won't be back at the gym until Friday.

Have a good one!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Nice2Bfit - that is great your daughter has the interest to run with you. Way to go! I wish I could get my husband and son to exercise with me but the only type of exercise they want to do is if it involves hunting and guns. LOL

It has been raining here for 3 days and cold. Not very motivating weather.

I glad to hear you are all doing good. I had a bummer week last week and pretty much had to start over this week and pick myself back up. I only accomplished one workout last week it was horrible. I am glad that mood has passed and hope it does not come back again.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Rainy here as well. I was really hoping to get a good walk in to log some steps, but am not too sure that is going to happen. We'll see.

Kelly Sue, am sure you can burn up a lot of cals following little Jake around. we tease we should give Esme the pedometer for a day and see how many steps her little legs get in.

Work day flew by and ate on the run in my office - grabbed a bite here and there when I had a chance. That's why my weekly lunch dates with my gal pals is so precious. We sit and enjoy our yak n snack. :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    So true that those toddlers can M-O-V-E!

Today, i lift!

Also, update on my "do what you say you will" challenge: last night marked five days, in a row, where i ate NOThING after supper!

I think i shall weigh myself at the gym, today!

BOOM,
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Beeps- good luck with that weigh in!!

Day two of Jake this week. He was a bit more tired today, as am I. :yawn: Of course, it being rainy and windy and gray does not help any either. They say that tomorrow is supposed to be the warmer day with just some scattered showers, so maybe I will get a walk in then before returning to the gym on Friday.

Have a good day!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    148.3! BOOM!

i shall take it....it makes my goal to be 147.0 by end of May quite doable and to be 145.0 by end of June quite doable, as well....especially with a FULL EIGHT DAYS of walking, walking, walking in London and Paris.

:laugh:
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    148.3! BOOM!

NICE!! You can definitely hit 147 by then - keep up the great work!....as BEEPS would say 'ZOOM' :tongue:
  • ruby70
    Options
    148.3! BOOM!

WTG! You rock. Way to stay motivated and hit new goals.:drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    No lifting today, though....and no lifting tomorrow, either!

Date night tonight. A work function at lunch tomorrow. Maybe Friday night???? I dunnooooo....

Saturday is cardio - then my Mother's Day Supper (because I am going to be away from my family and be in Europe for ACTUAL Mother's Day!).
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Options
    Enjoy your date night!

Cardio and a bit of hiit today. Felt good. Going to be doing a bunch of body weight exercises as a challenge with some of my girl friends this month. They wanted help getting active.

Have a wedding this weekend. Going to be tough staying near goal. I know for a fact I won't be under goal due to alcohol consumption. Especially with the Bruins in the playoffs. Hahaha. Oh we'll back on the horse Sunday.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Beeps Enjoy your date night and Europe

Training for a trail run 5k on the 16th. Started TRX and a women and weights class at my local Y to incorporate strength training. Like both so far. Great variety. I admit I have neglected strength training and weight lifting so here I go Getting a spin class in today...my favorite

Hope everyone has a great Friday & start to their weekend
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Happy Friday!! It's here FINALLY! Did not get a walk in yesterday- rained most of the day-again! Made it to the gym today, but it was tough. I always feel better after completing the workout so even if I don't feel like it, I really try to push through it. Tomorrow is cardio day and then really no other plans for the weekend except church on Sunday. It is good cause I really need to get some cleaning and organizing done at home and my hubby announced this morning that he wants to change the living room around. :huh: I guess I have my work cut out for me!!!

Beeps- Hope you had a good date night and enjoy your Mother's Day Dinner. Oh, and, of course, Europe. When are you leaving??

Nice- have fun at the wedding.

Faytwain- good job on adding in some extra classes! Our Y offers some great ones too, but none really fit in with my schedule very well.
  • ruby70
    Options
    I hope you all have a great weekend!

This week has went much better for me, I am back on track with my morning lifting and have not missed one workout this week. Yeah. The dark cloud of gloom has passed me. I feel so much better when I exercise and my energy goes through the roof. Why can I not remember that when I am feeling blah?... all is takes is some good sweat to turn it around.:bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I leave NEXT friday!! I just talked to my gf, who leaves today for Scotland....she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!

Her daughter and I hooked up our electronics, so THAT part is done! I'll see them next Sunday when they arrive in London.

Busy work time for me....no work-outs the last couple days....cardio tomorrow.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Got my cardio in....now off to pull out my winter coat to go sit in the stands to watch my son's baseball game. It is four degrees out!

I am getting a pedicure later today, right before my Mother's Day Supper out!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Got my cardio in as well today. Then came home and cleaned. Just put some buffalo chicken pizza in the oven and I'll probably do some laundry while watching a movie with Hubby.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...hope to weight-train today.

BOOM!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    9e975b16-fa10-42e2-9412-f89702a4d728_zpsc6d80db5.jpg

^^^ that's my mother's day gift! BOOM!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Options
    That is so pretty Beeps! 4 more days to lift off - I'm sure you are very excited! Gotta love Spring sports, 4 degrees! Yikes.

The wedding this weekend was a lot of fun. I didn't go over my calorie budget by too much, pretty close to maintenance #'s. Ran Saturday 3.36 miles and did it in 34.43 minutes, my fastest time so far! That felt good....my calf muscles are not thanking me though. I must do better stretching next time.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    That does seem like a good and fast time, Nice2BFit!

I am going to go and lift at lunch, today....likely will only get in 2 lifting sessions this week, so I will enjoy it!