40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Beeps - maybe that's just what you need, never hurts to have that little extra bit of motivation to push you along. Where do you find challenges? I only see them pop up once in a while. Do you do a specific search for them?

KellySue - good job using that opportunity to get more steps in your day!

Ruby70 - don't you just hate it when a day sucks the life and all your good intentions out of you?! :grumble:

I've only gotten to the gym 2+ this week so far, got my lifts in but nothing for cardio... plan on going tomorrow for another lift day. DH has decided he doesn't need to go everyday and dragged me down with him. Not going to happen! I actually enjoy my workout time and want to keep it a 5 days a week. Cripes, I only do 30-45 minutes, it's not too much time out of my day really. Next week I will stick to my guns and do my 5 days! (and I will sneak in a jog this weekend :happy: )

Happy Easter/Passover to all of you that celebrate. Enjoy your weekend, not sure I'll be on the boards again until Monday.:flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Challenge: go to groups

Find "my mid-summer scenario"

The woman who started this group, has initiated challenge-after-challenge in a similar format.

Works for me! (except the last challenge I blew...)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    IT'S ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I have been MIA. I've been a busy bee lately. I am feeling much much better!! I started teaching Zumba again this week. I still have to take it easy though. I haven't read the posts and might not even try, too many. LOL Beeps, I saw your last post about the challenge. I couldn't find it. What is it about? My daughter borrowed the Brazil Butt Lift program and I started doing that this week along with Zumba and Bikram. I just needed a little change after my injury for now. I am planning on going back to NROL Supercharged (lifting heavy) when I come back from my cruise (May 25). I want to continue focusing on my nutrition so I plan to start the 21 day diet on Mar 26, that will be exactly 21 days until our sailing day. Who wants to do it with me? :flowerforyou:
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Options
    Thanks Beeps

Alf - What is a 21 Day diet and you mean April 25th, right? LOL So happy to hear your calf is feeling better - don't kill it again by doing too much too fast!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Alf Whats the 21 day diet?
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Options

Find "my mid-summer scenario"

Searched for this in GROUPS and nothing came up..... searched in recently active too and still nothing. Weird
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Take out the dash, maybe?

It is actually "my midsummer scenario".... It is an "invite only group....maybe that matters??
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    kcthatsme is the mfp poster who runs the groups.

The challenge us strictly a weight loss challenge.

There's a one to ten lbs group. A ten to twenty lbs group. And a more than twenty group. (At least that was the breakdown in previous challenges).
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Ruby70 - don't you just hate it when a day sucks the life and all your good intentions out of you?! :grumble:

Nice2Bfit - Yes I do hate when the day sucks the life out of me!:grumble: :grumble: I tell you the only thing that has been saving me is my morning workouts. I don't know if I could find the energy after work anymore the way it has been lately & lunch is like "what lunch"? Spring is a busy time for my office so it will get better; at least it is job security.

ALLLFFFF - your back!:smile: I was wondering where you went to. I am glad you are feeling better and back teaching kicking those students butts. I bet they are glad you back too:flowerforyou: The CLX is going good but I have been having some lower back pain :sad: . I don't think I am leaning over enough when I am doing my delt raises... I am going to work on my form. It is not enough to get me down but I feel it (scatic nerve, don't think I spelled that right LOL)

Beeps - your an animal! Another challenge? I love it. Way to keep on setting your goals highs and staying accountable. I think us 40 + have more determination than a lot of 20 somethings.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hey all! TGIF!!! It has been a not so good day. The battery in my Jeep died not once but twice today! I didn't make it to the gym and was late to work. The AAA guy and I are almost on a first name basis! I had to get a new battery before coming in to work today so hopefully when I leave here I won't have any issues. I am hoping to work out tomorrow and/or find time to ride my new bike.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hola!!!! It is the 21 day Tummy by Liz Vaccariello. It is supposed to soothe and shrink any belly fast. :tongue: :laugh: I am going to be doing mini challenges here and there to maintain. I think that will really help me not gain. I need to keep focused or I will gain fast. I have been where I am now and then got too comfortable and the weight crept up. I think having little fitness and nutrition challenges will keep me in check. I am telling you maintenance is NOT easy. :grumble: Oh yes, I was reading my last post and messed up the dates? yeah I meant starting the diet on Apr 27 (have to prep that weekend), 21 days later (May 17) we will be on our way to Galveston. Sailing May 18. :drinker:

Ruby, be careful!!! Work on your form before you increase resistance. Slow and steady...

Kellysue, I hope you got to workout today. I have AAA too, they are lifesavers. :happy:

HAVE A BLESSED EASTER!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Maintenance is NOT easy....and, since it is "forever", I'm kind of getting comfortable with the "swings" and just trying to keep everything as tight as i can!

To help, I'm gonna low-carb it this week....Easter was full of yumminess and I can easily afford to delete junk carbs as this week carries forward.

Today, I lift!
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Hello Cool Kids! The weekend went by way too fast. Had such a bummer day Friday, so hubby took me to dinner and we did some shopping. Saturday got my cardio work out in and then spent the afternoon baking for Sunday. Almond cruble twist and banana cake. Both delicious, neither very calorie wise! Sunday I got in a walk before Church- we always have a lovely breakfast before service on Easter Sunday- almond crumble twist- and then we went to my brother-in-law's for dinner. The banana cake was for there. I rode my bike- finally- when we got home from there. It was bright and sunny and almost 70 here yesterday. Good day for a bike ride. I am happy to report, I still remember how to ride a bike. It has been a long time since the last time I rode one!

Got in a circuit workout today and would really prefer to be enjoying some sunshine as it is supposed to be 75 today. Maybe I will walk to get coffee later on.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter. Have a good one!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    How exciting about the bike ride!! I think we can pull the bikes out here, too....

BOOM!
  • ruby70
    Options
    I hope you all had a great weekend! I too am recovering from the Easter Holiday. I did pretty good with my choices but not used to eating such a big meal. I also snitched a couple treats from Sam's Easter basket:blushing:

Walking at lunch today to get in some extra cardio. The sun is shining and the warmth feels wonderful:drinker:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Turn 45 in a week. Still trying to figure out who I wanna be when I grow up.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    At the gym, today: X-sets! Oh my!!

Rude girl showed up today (again!) and crowded me in...I pointedly then asked her, "would you like me to move over!?!?" and she said, "oh, are you here?" - sooo, not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I said, "I will move over to give you a wide berth" and she said "thank you", lol. I used "wide" in a verrrryyyy condescending way!

....anyway, I laughed at the sitch for about 5 minutes....

On facebook, someone suggested this girl was "intimidated" by me.

She wasn't intimidated in the least. She was taller than me - so I'm guessing about 5'10"?!?!? I expect she is a university student, which is why she is showing up in my treasured noon-time, so she is YOUNG. And, she has proper form on quite a bit of different weight-lifting moves, so she is NOT inexperienced.

I just think she really is clueless as to "personal space" or "gym etiquette". That, or she just looooooooooves me because I'm another "chick in the gym". Don't know. I might try and make her my new bff to avoid anymore unpleasantness!
  • ruby70
    Options
    Beeps - I vote you should take her out next time she invades your space, she sounds like she does not have a clue about gym etiquette! LOL
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Beeps- Too funny! Kill her with kindness and then help her see the "error" of her ways!!

It was a Jake day for me and he fell asleep right after he got to my house and slept until about 8:30. Little sleepy head:yawn: ! So unfortunately, I didn't get to spend too much time with him since I have to leave for work at 9:00. Oh well- maybe Thursday.

Was hoping to get a walk in on my lunch break, but it looks like it is going to rain most of the day. :cry:

Have a good day all!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I totally want MORE women on my side of the gym, so, yep, killing her with kindness it is!! I expect she is just oblivious....there is only so much mirror space at the gym and all the women that come in there want it, so I cannot BLAME her for THAT part of it!

I love seeing women who lift - and she's good at it! So, I love the bff plan....