40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Curious - I am jealous of your wildlife sightings too. That sounds so amazing. I may have to move to California yet! I actually had a co worker and his wife move out to Cali after our last winter, they could not take it anymore. You may have some of the North Easters coming your way after this winter :)

Beeps - I hope you feel better soon. I feel for you having to be hostess and sick on top of it. I know how you feel, when my family comes here to stay in the summer they call our place the "Best Western", we have a swimming pool and park like setting so summer at our place is great. Our house is on the smaller side so we don't get too many overnighters in the winter months. LOL.
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think you can have wildlife sightings or sitings, curious and 3furballs. It just depends on whether you are looking at them or locating them (you - Stay!).

Thanks for the positive thoughts. It's not real great now, as she has been admitted inpatient with an uncertain diagnosis and at least several more days stay. But she's comfortable and safe.

I, however, stress ate everything vaguely food shaped all day long. Then went to visiting hours after work (hubby had day shift today), and did not work out before bed. Now lying here feeling stressed, sick to my stomach, and a bit guilty. Geez!

This too shall pass, and I will give myself a break mentally and get back on track physically when I can.

Have an awesome week, y'all. Winter will end!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Morning Kids !
    I know I've been M.I.A. recently. The snow was driving me crazy. Our son missed over a week of school. Finally goes back today ( 2 hours late ). I've been cleaning, de-cluttering, and all around organizing. Does help to pass the time.
    The Doctor's Office finally called back about scheduling Josie an appointment for counseling < wait for it......in September. What a bunch of crapola. I told them not to bother. She has been around 3 weeks since her last hour long meltdown. I hate that I tend to have to bribe her ( buying her things like a pack of stickers for a $1.00 ) to keep her behaving but we do what we must I guess.

Today's stats... back up to 151 lbs. ( still under gw by 4 pounds )( made my husband happy ) though I'm sure I'll go back down soon
    Week's Lowest weight 149 lbs. ( day before yesterday ) ( 6 lbs. under gw , wearing a size 6 )

Ruby- Great picture. Reminds me of the " Grumpy Old Men " movies. We re-watched them the other night. LOL. Every time it snows we sing " Tropical heatwave! "

3furballs- Dannon's light and fit greek yogurt isn't too bad on sugar 7 grams/taste/12 grams protein. If I eat the Oikos ( yum ) more sugar I just want more. LOL

alishasprindle- Don't be hard on yourself. When our family members are ill/hurt it can be very stressful on us physically. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Kelly Sue- " Ouchie! " in the voice of the Grinch ( my daughter's favorite movie for the last 3 months ). Glad you finally had a good visit with your hubby though. As always keeping him in my prayers.

Caramel- Sorry can't help with the protein advice though interested since I don't always hit mine either.

Hello Newbies ! I'll check back again soon.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    alishasprindle- Stress eating is understandable when you are concerned about family with an unkown diagnosis. I dealt with a lot of stress related eating while going through the beginning stages of treatment for my daughter's leukemia. Watching your 2 1/2 year old bear all the poking and proding associated with it can make you stressed. She has borne it much better than I would as an adult. Every admission after was another stress a thon. Hang in there. I will keep your family in my prayers.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else. There is too much going on for me to reply to everyone, but know I am proud of all the hard work, and praying for everyone's family that needs it. I'm still struggling with my weight. I'm down to 171 again. I keep saying I'm going to take a slice of chocolate cake a day for medicinal purposes, but I never do it.

Here was yesterday's cardio: {four and a half hours of it}

b1ye4epwl96w.jpg

A cold rainy day here at the Larro Ranchero. I was planning on another day of planting skips in the long leaf pines{^^^^^^^^}, but I'm not tough enough for the rain. I need to run to town and do the week's shopping, but really not in the mood. Whatever I decide to do, Margie is expecting me to cook supper. Thinking of honey glazed carrots, slaw and some kind of fish.

I haven't had breakfast yet, so I had better eat and get busy doing something. Hope everyone has a good day,

Larro
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Larro- Yowza! That is some work!

Hello to all! I.DID.NOT.HAVE.TO.SHOVEL!!!! :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: It was cold, but if I don't have to go out in it- it's OK. Jake came and hung out with me for a couple of hours this morning and I think my daughter and I are taking him swimming tonight at the rec center. He loves the water. That will be my work out for today! So much more enjoyable than shoveling!

Have a good one all!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning kids...Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

Larro---EAT THE CAKE!!!!!! (lol)

Beeps-Hope you are getting better

3furballs-- I am jealous of Curious

KellySue--We will fall on this journey, we have to make sure we get back up and you continue to do that.

Kate--Welcome back and yes I am SICK of the snow.

CG---Please please please take pics of your adventures

GMAX--I agree 120 grams it is too high. I work out hard to not get me wrong, but I am no athlete by any means of the imagination.

Since I have been eating almost double the protein, I am having constipation issues. As a vegan that has never been an issue. Sorry if that is TMI. I had to actually put 10 1/8 teaspoons of MSM aka Methyl Sulfonyl Methane in my protein shake. I am not sure what balancing act this is going to take to get this right, but I am fighter and refuse to give up.
    There is an appreciate party at work for us and of course I had to have stuff specially made for myself. I ordered a white pizza hold the WHITE(lol) as I brought my own vegan cheese and my own salad and dressing..lol Oh well.

Ruby--Love the photo Hope you are doing well.

Any word from Emmalousmom? She has been MIA for a bit.

I hope I did not forget anyone. If I did, please accept my humble apology and a big air hug.
  • Emmalusmom
    Emmalusmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am still here, just reading all that everyone is accomplishing. I am amazed how many people have joined since I started in August. It is so much to keep up with. I hope that everyone continues to do well. I have really enjoyed that so many people have learned how to upload pictures. I think that it is great.
  • bonkee37
    Options
    Hi all. I'm just seeing this for the first time today. I am a 48 year old woman and have been exercising and watching calories since September. I started exercising after surviving cancer and feeling like I was weak as a baby. I'm continuing so I can stay on track and continue to lose weight. I started at 212 pounds and am down to 188, so still a ways to go!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi Kids!
    I did Hard CORE at lunch again today. I love that class. It kicks my butt (and lats, and abs, and shoulders, ... :wink: ). Still have another workout to do this eve. No cardio to speak of today, but tomorrow, is bicycle commute day!
    Caramel, I have been totally lame about taking pictures out there, and I have a good waterproof camera. I'll make a point of it for you!
    Larro, definitely eat the cake! The pine rows look great. How long does it take for them to produce harvestable needles?
    E'sMom, great to hear from you!
    Welcome Bonkee!
    KS I am SO glad you didn't have to shovel! Whew! Have a great time at the pool.
    Kate, you're doing great! And what the heck! September?!?!
    Ruby, I'll brace for the influx of frozen NorEast folks! LOL. Here on the far north coast summer weather can break out any day of the year... except in the summer, when it's cold and foggy. It never ever gets hot here, and I miss hot summers (not as hot as Larro's though). 70 degrees practically gives us heat stroke.
    Alisha, you and your family are in my thoughts.
    furballs, come on out and visit! March - April are best for gray whales with whale babies headed north! Almost as cute as the baby seals which will show up any day now. So freaking adorable! Worth a trip to CA!
    - Back to work with me. Have a great day!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    Got my lifting in this morning. Had a decent sleep last night. I am working M/Tu/W/Th this week, with board meetings all Friday. So, FULL UP.

Tonight I have a meeting with some "women". I don't even know WHO! I got this secret invite in the mail, from a female judge I know in town. Inviting me to "A Women's Dinner". When I asked her what I can bring, she said, "just yourself". When I asked her what the "agenda" is, she said, "just to have a meeting of old friends and new friends".

Mysterious!

I am wearing a dress at the office that can go into the evening....kind of a Chanel-looking design.

But, frankly, my BACK hurts and the thought of "mingling" with a bunch of strangers is NOT making me happy right now.

Mind you, I am job-hunting, so I cannot say "no", either.

I'll let you know how it all goes....

BOOM!
  • FEves
    FEves Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good evening gang!
    I've been laying low for a few days and I'd like some advice if anyone has information on this. I apologize if it's TMI, and you are offended by female body functions, please move along - this post is not for you.

So...over the last decade, due to perimenopause, my periods have gotten crazy heavy, to the point of needing a blood transfusion and having severe anemia on and off. Yes, I've seen a doctor, had tests, etc. but I have been putting up with it because I don't want to have surgery. The thing is that when I have my period, it will last for weeks and weeks and I get light-headed and am not willing or able to exercise. But besides that, I have often wondered: does working out make you bleed more heavily or not? What has been your experience?
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hmmm...I am definitely perimenopausal as well. I did have super heavy bleeding and I ended up having an ovarian cyst that needed to be removed. you may also have a fibroid. you should go see gynecologist and have an ultrasound. there is a minimally invasive procedure that can be done where they burn the lining of your uterus, suppose to help with the heavy bleeding. go to the doc! you shouldn't have to put up with it, they can put you on hormones.
  • yvepace
    Options
    I'm def interested in joining. I am 40+ and am interested in eating healthier, leaning out and losing weight. I just over 2 months in a lost almost 10lbs. I am looking to lose approx. 5 more lbs.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    FEves- While I have PCOS and have went years with a cycle before diagnosis. I do encourage you to take care of yourself. My Grandmother died in 91' at the age of 56. Brain Cancer that spread from other areas in her body. She used to flood the bed regularly and put off her hysterectomy for many years. I've often thought I wouldn't willingly undergo surgery/treatments if something were to happen but I want to live for my loved ones.
    Cyber hug , Kate
  • katk2
    katk2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 40. I really care about healthy life style. I cook a lot and always try new recipes. the only problem I have is not being self motivated enough to move about more. How are you all staying focused?
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day All! Hopefully the rest is all downhill from here. I went swimming with Jake last night. What a riot- he loves the water! He was fascinated with some people who were swimming laps- a future swimmer...maybe??

Today is a non workout day for me- I basically am on the go from about 7:30am until about 8:30pm for work and my church activities- always a busy day for me.

The hospital is expanding their area of search for rehab facilities for my husband. He is medically ready to go, and is very motivated to get walking again. Hopefully something will open up soon.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday all! I hope everyone is doing well today. My scales have been playing tricks on me lately. I have increased my calories a bit and it went down. Mind you most of the increase was just due to eating over my original calorie goal. I changed the loss goal to 1.5lb per week so let's see if that keeps up. Strange.

FEves- I have been there myself and am debating on asking my GYN to do the endometrial ablation therapy or if she would just recommend a hysterectomy. I am still fairly young, but am done having kids. I know women who have had the ablation done and they swear it is great. Very light periods afterwards.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    FEves - This is awful that you're experiencing this, this is not normal and you shouldn't have to live with it. This is totally messing with your quality of life here. Totally go to the Dr and find out what you can do. I hope and pray the best for you, hopefully you can find some answers.
    - Happy Wednesday everyone. Hope you're having a good week.
    - I am doing 20 minutes on the elliptical and then need a break for awhile then get back on for 15 minutes. My hubby says I should stay on the whole time, without a break, but I just don't have the endurance and figure it's better than nothing. Maybe tomorrow I will up it to 25 for the first one and see if I can make it. I mean I used to only be able to do 15.
    - The weight loss is going a little slower than I was wishing for, but at least it's happening. I am making such better choices and keeping track of food much better, so I just keep on doing what I need to do.
    - I hear about people who have lost a lot and still shop for bigger size or think they're bigger until they look in the mirror, and that sounds like yea, that would happen. But I feel better even though I only have lost 15 and feel like I am making such better choices, I really can't tell I have lost any except for my chest unfortunately. But I look in the mirror expecting to see a change and see myself, and think, nope still fat. I guess I just need to be patient about it.
    -
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

I did my usual AM cardio this morning, except the push-ups. {the last two days of dibbling has played hob with my shoulder} A 400-500 calorie burn felt like a day off compared to the last few.

You guys know the Wednesday drill. I'm doing the pre-cleaning lady cleaning. I had several days' worth of sports talk on the DVR, and none of it is what I'm in the mood for. So I did a lot of deleting and tuned in Radio Margaritaville. Who doesn't love A Pencil Thin Mustache?

Kelly Sue, glad you got to swim with Jake. I hope you guys can find a rehab soon.

Beeps, did you endure the get together with good grace. Or did you pick up one of the ladies and bench press her?

CG, I had to laugh when you mentioned the hot 70F summers. During the summer if we ever see 70F we call it a chilly night. And you can straw longleaf at 12-13 years if they grow fast. The ones here at the house are 15 years old, but they were on a conservation program until last November, so I couldn't do anything with them until after that.

E's Mom, it's so good to hear from you. I think of you often, my friend.

Caramel, is vegan cheese from cows that just eat grass? ;)

Hello to everyone else, and welcome to all the new guys.

Hope everyone is having a good day,

Larro

PS: This was the last few seedlings. {unless I help BIL plant 750 in the skips of the trees they planted last year} The rain let up yesterday and I was able to stick them out in a little wood that used to be part of the hayfield.

6schurd6wxfg.jpg