Shred/Couch to 5k hybrid

Options

Replies

• ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I hear you - I can do Zumba or kickboxing or step in a class, but not at home in front of people:-) Hope you can move:-) You go girl!!
  • Hev_uk
    Hev_uk Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Did Day1 Level 1 of the 30day shred yesterday and got up earlier than I needed to this morning for my second run Day 2 Week 1. Found it a bit harder because my legs were a bit sore from yesterday. Might have a 2 day rest and do the 3rd run on Saturday not Friday
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just did Week 6 Day 3 of C25K - yay! It was really difficult at first though. I'm still doing level 2 of the shred on alternate days. I've actually joined a Ripped in 30 group starting on March 5th. So I'm just going to stay on Level 2 till then, to be honest I doubt my ability to do most of Level 3 - lol!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just did Week 6 Day 3 of C25K - yay! It was really difficult at first though. I'm still doing level 2 of the shred on alternate days. I've actually joined a Ripped in 30 group starting on March 5th. So I'm just going to stay on Level 2 till then, to be honest I doubt my ability to do most of Level 3 - lol!

This is my third time through the shred and I can say that I think level 2 is the most difficult. I've heard a lot of people say the same.
  • jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Day one of week 9 c25k. My program told me to have a lollipop when I was done. It actually went well! Back to my normal pace which I'm happy about. You guys are all doing great!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I should have shredded today, but I decided to celebrate the "extra" day by having a long, hot, bubbly bath instead.:blushing:
  • jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I should have shredded today, but I decided to celebrate the "extra" day by having a long, hot, bubbly bath instead.:blushing:

Good for you! Any other year you would have shredded. Take advantage of it!
  • Hev_uk
    Hev_uk Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Did Level1 Day 3 of the shred today. Found the strength really tough especially the arms but was working with Natalie on the butt kicks and jump rope(I HATE the jump rope).

What is everyone's favourite circuit of level 1? I think mine would have be 2 because I like the strength and cardio although that is the worst abs!
  • AriadneSnow
    Options
    Did L2 of 30DS (I've lost track of which day). It's definitely getting more comfortable - I can do some of the advanced moves - definitely no double jump rope though!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I did D3, L3 of the shred this morning to make up for missing it yesterday. I hope to get my run in later.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I got my run last night, though it was kind of weak. I am still struggling.

D4, L4 shred
  • AriadneSnow
    Options
    Started Week 7 of the C25K - hopefully at some stage running for 25 minutes becomes easy!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I am still struggling with these longer runs. I was able to run 2 miles today (24 minutes) but I had to walk a lap before I could run the last half mile.:angry:
  • aulove
    aulove Posts: 34
    Options
    So have you all seen results alternating days with 30DS and C25K? I'm starting week 4 of C25K tomorrow. I did a trial run of 30DS today and would love to do it everyday, but coupled with C25K I'm not sure I can handle it everyday. I would love to know what kind of results you are seeing by alternating days with 30DS.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    So have you all seen results alternating days with 30DS and C25K? I'm starting week 4 of C25K tomorrow. I did a trial run of 30DS today and would love to do it everyday, but coupled with C25K I'm not sure I can handle it everyday. I would love to know what kind of results you are seeing by alternating days with 30DS.

This is my 3rd time doing the Shred. I have found that doing it every other day is harder for me than doing it every day was. But, like you, I don't think that I could do both every day.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I am stuck in week 6. I am really struggling with these long runs. I have done 25 minutes twice, but most days have to break it up.:grumble:
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

This is my 3rd time doing the Shred. I have found that doing it every other day is harder for me than doing it every day was. But, like you, I don't think that I could do both every day.

i'm right there with you - i would love to know if other people are getting results- i am alternating between them, and even though i am getting stronger and running longer, i'm not seeing huge results yet (though i just started level 2 of the shred). unfortunately, i know the problem is me....my diet has not been so great. but i don't think i could do both in one day. i did it once on level one and that was hard enough! i really don't want to give up either one, because i think ideally alternating these should work really well! i would love to know if anyone that's alternating is getting good results and maybe it would help motivate me to stick with it and get my act together with my diet.:)
  • CricketKate
    Options
    i'm right there with you - i would love to know if other people are getting results- i am alternating between them, and even though i am getting stronger and running longer, i'm not seeing huge results yet (though i just started level 2 of the shred). unfortunately, i know the problem is me....my diet has not been so great. but i don't think i could do both in one day. i did it once on level one and that was hard enough! i really don't want to give up either one, because i think ideally alternating these should work really well! i would love to know if anyone that's alternating is getting good results and maybe it would help motivate me to stick with it and get my act together with my diet.:)

I have been really struggling with my diet, so my results have not been what they should be. I can tell you that I am able to feel muscles in my abs that have never been there before. My jeans are getting looser, though I had hoped to have dropped a size by now.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Is anyone still here? I have been down with a bruised foot. I'm not sure what I did to it, but it is swollen and sore. My Dr said that I need to stay low key for a few weeks, so it will be all walks for me.:sad:

I hope that everyone is hanging in there. I will be back to it soon, I hope.
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    still here! still doing bad with my diet, but still shredding and running:) hope your foot feels better!