Shred/Couch to 5k hybrid

Options

Replies

• jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ugh! Week 6 is killing me! I was fine doing my 20 minute run at the end of week 5, but I am having a terrible time trying to get 2 miles strung together.

You're doing great! 6 and 7 were really hard for me too. Just keep plowing through. You'll get there. I think it's taken me 5 weeks to do week 6, 7, and 8. Just did week 8 day 1. I can tell I haven't run in 2 weeks!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! 6 and 7 were really hard for me too. Just keep plowing through. You'll get there. I think it's taken me 5 weeks to do week 6, 7, and 8. Just did week 8 day 1. I can tell I haven't run in 2 weeks!

Thanks. I have been feeling pretty frustrated. Oh well, I will pick myself back up and keep plugging along. I think back to just a few weeks ago when the 5 minute runs did me in. I guess it's progress.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It's a great combo :) I'm on L1 on 30DS and week 2 day 2 of c25k
  • coloschick
    Options
    I would like to join also.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    This Shred thing terrifies me - I'm working on building up for starting C25K. I'm also working with my dog on running with me.

I requested Shred from the library - and I know I'm going to die.
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    This Shred thing terrifies me - I'm working on building up for starting C25K. I'm also working with my dog on running with me.

I requested Shred from the library - and I know I'm going to die.

There's no reason to be afraid before you've even tried it! The beginning of each level of the shred is somewhat intimidating but by day 3 I would usually found myself pretty comfortable with the routines. Start out with the modified moves and keep pushing yourself. You'll quickly see how much you've improved in both endurance and strength :-) The best part is that it's over in 20 minutes!

I finished the Shred 1.5 week ago, and lost 6lbs doing that.

I have started doing Ripped in 30 now, but only on the days where I'm not doing C25K. W5D3 is coming up on Thursday and I'm both excited and dreading it :-P
  • chiltonenator
    chiltonenator Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did wk6D2 of c25k today and I feel your pain. Legs felt very heavy. I guess doing squats and deadifts yesterday wasn't a good idea. I'm trying to do the New Rules of Lifting on the rest days of c25k, but might have to reconsider.
  • jrmc83
    Options
    Day 2 of week 8. I did it but it was soooo slow! No way I'll be able to run 3 miles in 30 minutes. But I guess the longer I have to do it, the more calories I burn, right? :laugh:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I finally got Week 6, Day 3 finished. :happy:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Day 2 of week 8. I did it but it was soooo slow! No way I'll be able to run 3 miles in 30 minutes. But I guess the longer I have to do it, the more calories I burn, right? :laugh:

What speed are you running at? I was doing 6mph until we got to those longer runs. I've had to cut way back. Now I'm doing 5mph. It is more sustainable.
  • jrmc83
    Options

What speed are you running at? I was doing 6mph until we got to those longer runs. I've had to cut way back. Now I'm doing 5mph. It is more sustainable.

Congratulations on making it through week six! My average pace is around 11:30/mile so I think maybe around 5 mph? My last one was almost 13/mile though.
  • jrmc83
    Options
    Couldn't get out to run today so I did day one of 30 ds.
  • slucas88
    Options
    I'm doing both at the moment too. Am doing C25K Week one Day 3 tonight and I do 30DS about 4/5x a week, currently on L2D5.
  • jrmc83
    Options
    I'm doing both at the moment too. Am doing C25K Week one Day 3 tonight and I do 30DS about 4/5x a week, currently on L2D5.

Welcome and great job!
  • jrmc83
    Options
    Finished day 3 of week 8. I can't believe I'm almost done! Now to get through the shred.
  • Hev_uk
    Hev_uk Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I'm quite new here. Just did Day1 Week1 of the C25K. I have to admit I found it quite easy so will try increase my pace on Wednesday. I've also done Day1 Level1 of the shred twice now but have never got any further! Mean to try and actually get on with it but can never face doing it every day. This seems perfect and I'm glad there are other people doing it so I can look at their progress!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Hey
    I'm quite new here. Just did Day1 Week1 of the C25K. I have to admit I found it quite easy so will try increase my pace on Wednesday. I've also done Day1 Level1 of the shred twice now but have never got any further! Mean to try and actually get on with it but can never face doing it every day. This seems perfect and I'm glad there are other people doing it so I can look at their progress!

Welcome!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Finished day 3 of week 8. I can't believe I'm almost done! Now to get through the shred.

Fantastic Job! I'm hoping to start week 7 tomorrow.

Today: Level 3 Day 2 shred
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Welcome!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Week 7, Day 1 of C25K Ugh