Options
    L2, D9 Shreddin'
  • astras2383
    Options
    what IS C25K ????
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    what IS C25K ????

It stands for couch-to-5k. It's a 9-week program for beginners who want to be able to run a 5k.

I finished the shred yesterday and also did W4D1 of C25K, which was tough! I think I'll be starting Ripped in 30 now :-)
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to get the feeling that I'm talking to myself.

Week 5, Day 3...... I got through my 20 minute run without stopping:smile:

Gratz on getting thru W5D3!!! I know its tough!
    I'm not in your group here doing C25K and 30DS alternately but I have been doing both. I am running W5D3 this evening.

I applaud your effort and finally overcoming Day 3! The rest of C25K is going to be pie for you now! :smile:
  • crissy170
    crissy170 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My 30 day shred just arrived , starting tomorrow no if's and's or butt!!!'s you all have me scared half to death! lol.. . i have never backed off before , even knowing the possibility of pain maybe coming my way but wow ,, this seems like it can be severe! hey .. here goes nothing Day 1 tomorrow!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    My 30 day shred just arrived , starting tomorrow no if's and's or butt!!!'s you all have me scared half to death! lol.. . i have never backed off before , even knowing the possibility of pain maybe coming my way but wow ,, this seems like it can be severe! hey .. here goes nothing Day 1 tomorrow!

This is my 3rd time through the Shred. The only advice I have is Don't Give Up! You can do it!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Gratz on getting thru W5D3!!! I know its tough!
    I'm not in your group here doing C25K and 30DS alternately but I have been doing both. I am running W5D3 this evening.

I applaud your effort and finally overcoming Day 3! The rest of C25K is going to be pie for you now! :smile:

Thanks! Good luck to you! Feel free to check in with us!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Week 6, D1 finished
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Day 10 of Level 2
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Week 6 Day 2
  • chuckles217
    chuckles217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS during January but started the Ripped in 30/C25K hybrid in February.
    You guys are doing a great job!

I am currently at W3D2 of C25k tomorrow and did my first day of level 2 of RI30 today.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I did 30DS during January but started the Ripped in 30/C25K hybrid in February.
    You guys are doing a great job!

I am currently at W3D2 of C25k tomorrow and did my first day of level 2 of RI30 today.

You're welcome to post here. We'd love to have another voice. I'm thinking of doing the Ripped in30 after I finish the shred.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    L3, D1 Ugh
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I did my run today, but wasn't able to finish. Will try Week 6, Day 3 again tomorrow.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    :grumble: Still trying to get through Week 6, Day 3.:grumble:
  • jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You'll get there! I'm back so tomorrow I'm hoping I can pick back up.
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It's been ages since I posted in the thread! I'm still doing this. I just did W5D2 of C25K and I'm up to Level 2 Day 4 of the Shred I think.

Today felt great, I took the pace really easy and was able to do both 8 minute runs and on the last run I kept going all the way through the cool down period, so I ended up running for 13 minutes non-stop! I'm so pleased, I haven't managed that since high school.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    It's been ages since I posted in the thread! I'm still doing this. I just did W5D2 of C25K and I'm up to Level 2 Day 4 of the Shred I think.

Today felt great, I took the pace really easy and was able to do both 8 minute runs and on the last run I kept going all the way through the cool down period, so I ended up running for 13 minutes non-stop! I'm so pleased, I haven't managed that since high school.

That is Awesome! Glad to see you back!
  • jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My husband was watching a basketball game so I couldn't shred but...he wanted to work out with me! So he did jumping jacks whenever his team had the ball and I did a jump-rope circuit for about 25 minutes that I found online.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    ugh! Week 6 is killing me! I was fine doing my 20 minute run at the end of week 5, but I am having a terrible time trying to get 2 miles strung together.