What kind of breakfast keeps you feeling full?

Options

Replies

• mrsacoulter
    mrsacoulter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean w/ Almond Milk. I usually do 1/2 a serving for both. The high level of fiber in the cereal will assist in giving you that full feeling. I also have an apple during snack time to hold me until lunch.
  • dictations
    Options
    Slice of whole wheat bread with about 1 tbsp of light butter, and a piece of light string cheese. Delicious, and keeps me feeling full and energized for 2-3 hours.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my weak point. I allow myself a cereal - any cereal.

Coco Pops and Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are favourites.

Took me a lot of experimentation to settle on that. Fruit didn't fill me up, I couldn't eat porridge because I hate the taste and whilst a breakfast wrap with a Quorn sausage and a hash brown really hit the spot, I knew that wasn't sustainable.

I'm successfully losing weight eating up to two bowls of a cereal of my choice in the morning, meaning that I can cope until lunchtime without snacking. A sandwich or soup at lunch then fills me up until the evening.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    6 egg whites + tons of veggies (mainly spinach, green onions, peppers, goat cheese) keeps me too full to eat my morning snack sometimes...

cals - 291
    carbs - 8
    fat - 9
    protein - 41

ETA stats

wow might try that, it knocks my porridge in the bottom half of my hot chocolate at work look grim!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Protein.

Eggs, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, meat...

And fruit or carbs in smaller quantities. Veggies in my scrambled eggs sometimes.
  • themurph8910
    Options
    A package of instant oatmeal and about a tbsp of peanut butter...keeps me going until I get home after the gym then I have a shake.
  • MpotRN21
    MpotRN21 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I found this oatmeal/cereal Bob's Red Mill - Muesli, it has oats, nuts, raisins, etc in it and I add a lite yogurt to it. You have to let it sit for 5 minutes or so to soften the oats (or use hot water instead of yogurt if you want it to be a warm meal), and I add a banana to it. It's a lot of food for 210 calories (including the yogurt), I love it because of the variety in it.
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Porridge. It fills me up till I have my morning snack and gives me the energy I need to jump straight into my job in the am
  • Gracestar12
    Gracestar12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have the same (slightly OCD) breakfast routine everyday that includes:

2 Weetbix
    4 peach slices (2 for each Weetbix)
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 small stone fruit or 1/2 banana or 1/2 mango
    1 Yakult light
    my vitamins & cod liver oil capsules (damn deficiencies.....grrr....)

seriously delicious (only 'trouble' is that I meet my suggested daily fibre intake in this one meal...)
  • sassyshell
    sassyshell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    2 cage-free brown egss with tomatoes,spinach, mushrooms, and a little fat free cheese and water or tea. Love it
  • Brunette_Babe
    Brunette_Babe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a Kellogs Elevenses Raisin Bake (164 cals) and i cup of black coffee. Boom!

It's like a slab of cake for breakfast.. and who can argue that that's not good! :o)
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have a Kellogs Elevenses Raisin Bake (164 cals) and i cup of black coffee. Boom!

It's like a slab of cake for breakfast.. and who can argue that that's not good! :o)

lol liking your style
  • garzatwin
    Options
    whole wheat toast with peanutbutter and sometimes i put banana slices on top. super healthy and yummy...and did i mention it is super fast too make. I don't know how all these other people have such complex breakfast every morning and still make it to work on time.
  • catfeets
    Options
    I go for Ezekiel (80 cal) bread and a fried Egg in light EVOO (90 cal), over easy. The bread is a complete protein and keeps me full till lunch time!
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    Oatmeal made with almond milk, a spoonful of peanut butter, drop of honey, a whole banana, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Delicious and guaranteed to keep you full until lunchtime!!

Elvis Oatmeal Recipe - http://www.adventuresofaseason.com/2011/11/elvis-oatmeal.html
  • Bonnylassie
    Options
    Porage oats and skimmed milk keeps me feeling full well into lunchtime .:smile:
  • eralsparade
    eralsparade Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have fruit. Tinned pineapples keep me going till I have an early dinner. Im one the warrior diet but I cheat with the breakfast! hehe.
  • jaxofact
    jaxofact Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 2 TBL oat bran in hot milk and a small tub of flavoured yogurt to add the sweetness and some artificial sweetner:smile: . Oat bran expands in your tummy makes you feel full.
    When I get hungry again i will have a two white and 1 whole egg omlette with a spinach and 80% fat free cream cheeese filling YUM
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    COFFEE.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Bacon, eggs, grits, toast. Keeps me full longer than anything else, and is usually about 420 calories. Then a small piece of fruit mid-morning, a small lunch and the rest of my calories for dinner