What kind of breakfast keeps you feeling full?

Options

Replies

• nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have one of the following:
    2 boiled eggs
    or
    Protein Shake (Atkins or EAS Low Carb)
    or
    4 oz. lean ground beef pluss one individual container of egg beaters (this leaves me really stuffed though, so next time, maybe less beef)
  • ComeAroundSundown
    ComeAroundSundown Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I tend to get really hungry quickly if I eat carbs for breakfast, so I avoid bread and cereal.
    I usually have a tub of Chobani greek yoghurt, or an omelette made with egg whites and vegies (onion, mushrooms, capsicum). They tend to keep me full for longer.
  • Glamaz0n
    Options
    I have oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, and a protein shake and I find that I don't feel hungry until about 11a.m. I eat breakfast at about 7
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake every day. It's the only thing that fills me up for hours and doesn't lead to low blood sugar crashes. I don't like eggs so this is really my only option, but I love it.
  • crawpapa
    crawpapa Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I actually just started Intermediate fasting, and don't eat until about 1pm, which is usually after I work out. Doing this, I have noticed I am not starving at 9 after eating something for breakfast. It sounds weird I know, but if I do eat breakfast, I'm hungrier during the day than if I skip eating it.
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I use the chia seeds.... in my oatmeal.. in a glass of juice ( you get used to it ) they are so good for you
  • lilibean01
    lilibean01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit, too LOL. Just had my Kashi Go Lean Crunch honey almond flax with skim milk and a small banana. So much for trying something new today. Maybe tomorrow? LOL
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    For me it seems to be one that includes at least 3 of the 4 food groups. English muffin, boiled egg, glass of semi skimmed milk and some strawberries or oatmeal made with skimmed milk, apple chopped in and some honey and cinnamon on top!
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Cream of Wheat ^_^

CreamWheat2.jpg
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Lately I've been using bagels to help fill me up, but most of my breakfast days start with one of two different kinds of smoothies.

1 is a smoothie made with frozen fruit and almond milk

The other is a banana smoothie with a little peanut butter, rolled oats, and a cup of almond milk.
  • ptoleary
    Options
    Oatmeal with peanut butter and 12/cup of egg whites is a great breakfast.
  • Aroz25
    Aroz25 Posts: 40
    Options
    I use the chia seeds.... in my oatmeal.. in a glass of juice ( you get used to it ) they are so good for you

Me too! Chia seeds are amazing! :)
  • doingItIn2012
    doingItIn2012 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal for me. Quaker is my favorite brand. Sometimes I add fresh blueberries, strawberries, diced apples, bananas. Sometimes cashews, almonds or walnuts. For real indulgence plain Greek yogurt and honey. I don't need to snack between breakfast and lunch when I have oatmeal.
  • doingItIn2012
    doingItIn2012 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal for me. Quaker is my favorite brand. Sometimes I add fresh blueberries, strawberries, diced apples, bananas. Sometimes cashews, almonds or walnuts. For real indulgence plain Greek yogurt and honey. I don't need to snack between breakfast and lunch when I have oatmeal.:smile:
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. I eat old fashioned oatmeal most mornings, made with almond or soy milk and I add fruit to it. That definitely fills my tummy.
  • lucy1945
    lucy1945 Posts: 153
    Options
    eggs and oatmeal :)
  • lucy1945
    lucy1945 Posts: 153
    Options
    eggs and oatmeal :)

real oatmeal not instant and eat it with the eggs, not by itself.
  • nikeelee
    Options
    The past couple days my husband has made me fried rice with eggs and onions. I got full from 1 cup (which NEVER happens lol) and it lasted til the middle of the afternoon. Oatmeal stays with me most of the day too.
  • lisarawski
    lisarawski Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm good for about three hours with oatmeal and a Myoplex Lite shake.
  • salegrosso
    Options
    I too find that including some kind of milk product (I use dairy: milk or plain yogurt) mixed with a whole grain cereal and/or fruit, I stay fuller longer. Or if I add warmed milk to my coffee, I feel fuller longer. I always eat a mid morning fruit, too.