Girls over 200 pounds...

Options

Replies

• stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't read through the entire thread but congrats on all of the great transformations here! I started out at a sedentary 316 lbs just over a year & a half ago.

Today my lifestyle is totally different. I manage my intake & monitor my calorie burn to make sure I end up with a deficit for the week. I work out 5-6 days a week which includes heavy strength training, running & elliptical. My health & fitness are my #1 priority & all other areas of my life have improved as a result.

I surround myself with like-minded people who are as dedicated to the process as I am (regardless of how far along they happen to be :smile: ) so if any of you can relate, I'd be happy to have you as a friend here. :bigsmile:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I started at 353 now at 208.
  • AnnettLynn
    Options
    257 now, just starting out. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • deeloser
    Options
    I just started again today, hit my highest weight ever of 235 and I always thought my breaking point would be 200lbs!. So today is the first day, and after entering my breakfast and lunch I already have eaten 500 more calories than I am allowed. How do I keep myself from starving?!
  • CandiceH82
    Options
    I just started today 291 - my highest! (I weighed 289 going into labor with my daughter)
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 298 and working my way down. Feel free to add me :)
  • Mia2891
    Mia2891 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    friend request sent!
    I started out at 265 and it took me a long time to get started, but I'm down to 240. with friends and support here we can all do this!
  • annjay7217
    Options
    At my diabetes nutrition class they told us to wait at least 20 minutes before going for seconds. Also portion control helps. If you can't wait 20 minutes to get seconds then get seconds on the free vegetables. I don't have the info with me now but I will send you a message when I do. Good luck!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    I started my journey seriously on July 1, 2011 at 283 pounds. After 6 months of support from MFP friends, challenges etc. I have lost 51 pounds with many more to go. This site is fantastic and the support is amazing. I will add you as a friend.
  • NigealComaneci
    NigealComaneci Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Started this week also! Current weight is 266! Feel free to add me :)!
  • slolife14
    slolife14 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started at 207, and I'm only 5 '1 3/4 have to add the 3/4. I'm now at 200.2 just started with MFP a few days ago. Honestly, I decided to go on a no suffering lifestyle change. I stopped drinking anything with Sugar and cut way back on sweets. I try to walk every day even if its just for 15 min and I go to the gym to walk on treadmill. I started in Oct. Now I need to come up with another strategy to lose more without suffering. I'm just the type that if I deny myself something, I will eat everything in sight. So it's one day at a time and no hurry to lose it. It will come off little by little. Ive gotten better at not getting down on my self when i mess up. I love this site. So many others just like me :flowerforyou: 200.2 and 50 pounds to loose
  • draayer7
    draayer7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My biggest was at 270. I am currently at 258...long ways to go! We can do this together!! :) Here's to a new friendship and support!
  • toxicasylum
    Options
    I just started at 262 tho my highest was 275. I'll send request.
  • mslindsay
    mslindsay Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I started at 320! 6'1" and I am having motivation problems. I could really use the support too! So I know how you feel.

Also if there is anyone in the Denver, Colorado area that needs a work out buddy, please send me a message.
  • ampaules
    Options
    I'm pretty much nearly in all these ladie's boats too, haha. 270 and 5'4....just started my fitnesspal today. I've tried other methods, but they never worked. Looking into finally loosing some weight. Goal is 150....but I'd eventually like to be around 130. Also going to get my thyroid checked soon..I'm nervous. Hate blood tests!! Dx
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    How do I keep myself from starving?!
    I can't see your food diary so I can't say for sure if your calories are too low, but if you're over 200 lbs I'm sure your target is at least 1500. Take a look at the foods in your diary highest in calories & see if you can swap those out for lower-calorie alternatives. You should also try to eat foods higher in protein & fiber because they will fill you up & keep your appetite under control. Note that fresh fruits/veggies will give you a lot of volume for your calories.

Try planning out your meals for the entire day at once. Then you can space out your calories throughout the day without having to either go hungry or exceed your calorie target at the end of the day. There's a 3rd option...

...exercise!!! One of my biggest motivators to exercise these days is that it allows me to eat more & still lose weight. I'm losing eating 2000 calories a day because I burn so much through exercise...so much in fact, that I can eat 2000 daily for 6 days, eat >3500 on the 7th day, & STILL average a 1000-calorie daily deficit for the week.

ALL: Especially for the new folks, there are a couple of groups here on MFP you might be interested in.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/685-100-lbs-to-lose

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1103-100-pounds-down-no-whinging-be-polite
  • kboc923
    Options
    hi all - i joined a week ago at 295 and am already down to 287.5! i know this will slow down rapidly, but i'm glad for the early success.

i've had great losses in the past with weight watchers, but i have always stopped going and gained it all back. plus some.

hoping that a little older (33) and wiser this go round will contribute to a lifelong success!! i'm tired of being the fat girl in the room, not being able to wear cute clothes, and being nervous about fitting in a booth in a restaurant. i'm excited to live a more healthy life and be able to do anything i want!

thanks for 'listening' :-)
  • jennyburnett
    Options
    I am not over 200 but i'm VERY close! This is the heaviest i've been in a good 6 years. I am looking others (especially ones who know what it is like to be heavy!) I am always on the look out for new friends! Please feel free to add me, we can help support each other :D
  • JulieHig
    JulieHig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 284lbs (pregnant), lowest weight 157lb (only last very short time), been strandling the 200 mark for awhile now, currently at 205lbs, would love to be at 185 again, thats where I felt my best.
  • buxomlisa
    buxomlisa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Lisa from Canada. I'm starting out at 5'1 and 267 pounds. If anyone wants to add me feel free to do so. I added some of you but there are alot of pages on this post! Lol