Girls over 200 pounds...

Options

Replies

• zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I was nudging 225 when I started playing with MFP around Christmas. Got serious on 1/1/12 and am down to 216. So far, just logging everything has really helped me, but I'm sure the "honeymoon period" is about over and I'm going to have to start really working on it. That's when I'll need some pushing as well! Check out my blog for random thoughts on My Journey (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/zclark13) and add me in!
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Before MFP, I started my weight loss journey at 273; today I weighed in at 254. I have had some ups and down, but I just keeping working at it. When I fall off the wagon I just make sure to get back up on it. Every pound lost makes a difference in energy and self esteem.
  • jmgodish24
    Options
    My highest weight was 278 right after I had my daughter. I'm down to 234 last time I weighed myself a few weeks ago. It's tough! I only recently got the courage to go to fitness classes because I'm so embarrassed to be the only big girl in the room. That was my biggest hurdle, getting over the embarrassment and teaching myself to stop thinking everyone was laughing at the fat girl.
  • twilightsm
    Options
    Hello... I'm currently at 215lbs. My breaking point was when I hit the 220lbs mark which is my highest weight ever...
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I started out at 275...and started at 255 with MFP. I'm still over 200. From the number of replies I see it looks like there are quite a few of us out there over 200 ;)
  • tiffany8907
    Options
    I am 4'11 and I started at 230 lbs. I am currently at 223 and counting DOWN lol. Feel free to add me!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    When I started out I was 245, today I am 187.2.... I know the struggle, if you want to 'friend me' please do... Good luck to everyone.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    when I started I was over 200... I think at the biggest I was 240 but when i started her I was 215.:grumble:

.... NOW 140! the smallest I have ever been!
  • rockchick90
    Options
    i started off at 255 and now im in the 230s, I started in august (re-started my ticker on NYD) even tho i put some weight on over xmas im now going back down, we can do it girls!
  • michelby09
    michelby09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies (and Gents if I've missed anyone)! I'm currently 254 and I started over 260. Crossing the 250 lb mark and not being able to fit in my size 20 jeans really did it for me! I have type 1 diabetes and insulin resistance and DH and I want to have kids soon, so I need to do this for myself. I'm currently on the South Beach Diet due to the diabetes and insulin resistance and it is working so far. I don't like feeling hungry, and I definitely do not on SBD. I'm finally learning what "full" means!

Please add me guys, I need all the support I can get!!!!
  • wantmorepies
    Options
    Hi everyone, I joined today after this was recommended by a friend, I was a keen runner but stopped a year ago when I had to have major surgery, unfortunately I kept eating like I was still running, I never used to weigh myself, I just went by how I felt, I weighed myself today and I'm 206lb.
    I have leapt from a size 14 to an 18 in just 1 year!
    I'm 39 years old and just 5' 3" Feel free to add me also
    ...Linda xx
  • mmindymae
    mmindymae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to add people, but I would like some others to help keep me motivated and on track. :) I am 232 and 5'4". So, if you could add me too, I would love it! :)
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 252, and am now sitting at 242 and my lowest was 235. I was in the 180's for all of high school. Right now my main goal is to get back to that!I also have PCOS which makes it that much harder. I am always looking for friends.
  • Alisonuk
    Options
    I am 249, I know how you feel. I have decided this will be my year to like myself again :) Determined to work out more than the usual 30 minutes a day 3 days a week. Shooting for walking everyday. I will request you
  • Mslinda44
    Options
    This is the post for me. I started out at 240 pounds, my current weight is 213, my goal weight is 180. I workout at least 5 days aweek, using Hip Hop Abs, and cardio equipment at the Y. I also watch what I eat by using meal replacement shakes daily. I am not giving up on myself, I will reach my goal.:smile:
  • soozship
    soozship Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Clearly you aren't alone in the over 200 Club. My highest weight was 261, and I joined MFP at 252. I can hardly wait to see my little ticker start inching to the right! LOL

You can all add me as well. :)
  • shy_46
    shy_46 Posts: 36
    Options
    My highest weight when I started was 308lbs. I am currently at 300lbs. I have a ways to go before I reach my goal. I am working with a personal trainer. I am having trouble lining up my food habits to match with my new healthy life style that I have pictured. Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks.
  • nitarongish
    nitarongish Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm at 217.9. My highest was 245. I'm always looking for great new friends to help motivate and encourage. Everyone is more than welcome to friend me!
  • tiaait95
    Options
    I've decided to kick start my weight loss for the new year! At 16 and 244lbs I need to start now and not just for prom, but all my friends (including my twin) are smaller than me. I'm tired of being the big one, although my family are large. Just looking for support and new friends as I've given up many times before.
  • annjay7217
    Options
    Hi. I'm in your shoes. I am 384. I just started exercising too. I have a membership at a gym and I've been going since last Tuesday. I work and go to school also so I know what a pain that is. Feel free to friend me and we can encourage each other.