Black Team Challenge Week 11

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

You see, This is why I need my black team :bigsmile:

Thanks sara! I'm still gonna avoid those animal crackers though, but I wont hesitate to keep the weights going!

BTW (Totally off topic) but great to see ya punka! nice to see your doing well!!!!

I shot up 6# between Thursday & Saturday & HAD to figure out why so I edu-ma-cated myself this weekend...and tried not to freak out. :laugh: Glad I could help! :drinker:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I agree that other thread--UGLY! I don't know how some people can be so cruel to each other!
    Every time I stray I always run back here to the black team and thank heavens for ya'll.

Lynnie
    who is making it--3 more nights.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

I got out & exercised with the kids a bit today. An hour at the playground! Spring is almost here! YAY! I also did spinning today for the first time. Thanks a lot, Sam! :laugh: It kicked my booty! The instructor rocked, though so I think I'm going to try it a couple more weeks & after that if my *kitten* still hurts this much, I'm not going back & you can't make me! :bigsmile: We're having a great day here & I'm hoping that after naptime it keeps up! Sometimes they just melt down after naps for some stupid reason. *shakes head*

Have a lovely Monday!

Still have to read through the next 3 pages - where the heck have I been - but wanted to get this out first..

Sara - 2 words for Spin class - bicycle shorts - seriously, they have padding for your tender points so you don't walk like a drunken cowboy for days. I couldn't spin without them (and I ride horses - I guess saddles are more padded than bike seats)..

Reading on...
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I missed a lot..

Good to see you Amelia - way to go on the running and ticker movement.. I'm hoping running will do this for me..

Sara - you are a God send.. I've been really sore from the couch to 5K (but better since I started eating a banana a day - different thread) and gaining weight and getting very discouraged. Please let it be fluid retention from my sore muscles.. Must drink more water..

Lynnie - hang in there..

Sam - your new AV is great - you look marvelous..

Nicky - take care of yourself - we need you here.. post when you can..

Beth - welcome...

Bobbi - oddly enough I read a post about sore hips that mentioned lack of potassium, so I started making sure I had a banana everyday - now I have a minimal ache, but not the blinding, limping sore hip I had previously - interesting... this I can push through.. Trying Day 1 of Week 2 today..

Amanda - way to get outdoors with the kids.. fresh air and fun..

all other team mates.. hang in there all - get out and get your last chance workout in...

janie
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Wow, I get on this morning and see that I am 3 pages behind! :noway:

Andrew – If you don’t have time to get to the store for some *ahem* coverage, you could always just use 2 of those animal crackers with peanut butter. :laugh:

Beth – Welcome. :flowerforyou: I’d warn you that we’re a crazy bunch but you’re married to Spyguy. I mean, come on, have you seen his av lately? :laugh:

Lynnie – Besides being stuck in fertilizer city, how are you doing this week? Did locking your food in the car work?

Marla – I saw that you took Bandit for a run. At first I thought “Marla has a raccoon?” :huh:

Tresa – Glad I was too young for Howdy Doody because that thing would’ve freaked me out!

Amanda – I know what you mean. I LOVE tortilla chips but it’s very easy to just keep eating them.

Jeannie – Quit sahLACKing (nice word :laugh: ) and start working out!

Amelia – Good to see you! Good job on the ticker! :flowerforyou:

All the runners - You are crazy. That is all. :laugh:

I agree that all the drama throughout the rest of MFP is craziness. Again I must say - I :heart: the black team and our drama-less-ness thread!

I took Harley for a walk in her new jogging stroller yesterday. She looked around and babbled for the first half hour and fell asleep for the 2nd. Right now it's 30's and foggy here but it's supposed to be 50's by lunchtime so we're gonna try to do another walk then.

LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS, PEOPLE! :angry: (See I can be mean. :laugh: )
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Lynnie – Besides being stuck in fertilizer city, how are you doing this week? Did locking your food in the car work?

Yes Mam, locking my food up in the car has worked, plus getting the protein shake helped a great deal to stop the binging. I don't think I am getting enough to eat but I feel awkward at someone else's store saying, "hold up, I know you are teaching me stuff but I gotta go snack".

I have not lost anything this last two weeks, but I feel okay that I have not gained. It was hard to get to that place and give myself permission to put the 'weight loss on hold and just maintain. I can't put all my energy into learning and all my energy into losing weight...it's going to have to be one or the other for the rest of this week.

I'm smaller than I have been in 10 years and maybe my body just doesn't want to get any smaller??
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

You see, This is why I need my black team :bigsmile:

Thanks sara! I'm still gonna avoid those animal crackers though, but I wont hesitate to keep the weights going!

BTW (Totally off topic) but great to see ya punka! nice to see your doing well!!!!

I shot up 6# between Thursday & Saturday & HAD to figure out why so I edu-ma-cated myself this weekend...and tried not to freak out. :laugh: Glad I could help! :drinker:

It's tough being so buff the scale wont move. But at least I know I'm not the only one. This dude's scale hasnt moved in months.
    Muscles.jpg

Brick house baby...Brick house.
    :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey-- who has next week's challenge? I nailed this one this week!!

Still no scale hopping until I can afford a new one-- my 13 year old jumped on our other ancient one. I got on the scale last week and it said 10 pounds higher....and this was on a "good, skinny" day. I grumbled in the kitchen..."There's no way I'm up 10 pounds." That's when my daughter told me what the knucklehead had done. I'm not going near that stupid thing again-- new scale or nuttin'.

Superwoman has had her forcefield compromised. I've finally succumbed to the germs swirling to and fro. I fought it off all week. Alas, this morning I've got the cold. Whaddyagonnado??? Nasty little bug, but I shall overcome. * Cue the Superman theme* More powerful than streptococcus. Able to leap dirty tissue mountains in a single bound-- yeah, that's right-- me.

Heading to type my fine team-- Big, black team hugs to all!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Andrew you always make me laugh! :laugh:

Sara, thank you so much for that article. Every since I started lifting weights my scale has been up or down, but mostly up and I couldn't figure out why. Then yesterday it was down. Now it was up a pound today and that is because of TORTILLA CHIPS and sodium, i can't believe I did that last night. My muscles are sore after lifting and I don't think a person burns that many calories lifting but it makes me so HUNGRY! :tongue:
  • Marla64
    Options
    oh my gosh-- I just made the most delicious pot of coffee-- sighhhhhhh-- out goes the stress.....

Still typing-- fighting to stay awake. Curse that one blinkin' cold pill I took last night....
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Sorry I dont have time to read back all the pages that Im behind (and from glancing over this one page I AM soooo behind lol) but I did want to check in and say that the weather here has been really cooperative for this weeks challenge!:happy: So nice out this week! Yesterday I was out for about 3 hours playing tennis, the day before that...basketball with my teenagers....today more tennis here in a few mins.....GREAT challenge this week, thank you for that:flowerforyou: Anyway, it just occurred to me that today is "last chance workout" day....so lets make it a good one guys!:wink: Have a beautiful day everyone and I promise to try and get more caught up with things tomorrow:embarassed:
    ~Roni
  • Marla64
    Options
    Geez Louise, a one ounce chunk of Colby cheese is a puny little thing-- :grumble:

Enlightening things, these food scales. :noway:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I think food scales are horrible and I think they weigh my favorite foods (like cheese) heavy! :laugh:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    creep creep creep :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options

Who's she callin' a creep?:wink:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

Who's she callin' a creep?:wink:

Me :smile:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    I did 45 minutes on the elliptical this morning while Harley took a nap. I planned to take her for a walk in her jogging stroller when she woke up. I really didn't feel like it but I needed to to finish this week's challenge. Plus it is beautiful outside today. Sunny and warm. I think it's in the low 50's but it feels like 60's because the sun is shining and it's not windy.

So I dragged my butt outside. I'm glad too. Harley likes looking around and I know the sun and fresh air are good for both of us. So good challenge. Without it, I might have slacked and stayed inside, wasting an awesome pre-spring day! :flowerforyou:
  • loreeb18
    Options

We said you don't have to creep anymore. You are allowed to "talk" you know. :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Geez Louise, a one ounce chunk of Colby cheese is a puny little thing-- :grumble:

Enlightening things, these food scales. :noway:

I like shredded cheese because you get 1/4 cup instead of one tiny cube. It tricks me into thinking I'm getting more cheese than I really am! :laugh:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Woooooo hooooooooooooo--

Just got back from a beautiful run with Bandit-- go figure. He's my Siberian husky, by the way--

I have a lovely loop in my development, just about a mile that we'd measured-- little up, little down, nice rolling track-- and I did three laps-- no flippin' way!!!!!!! Then I walked 1/4 mile to cool down. I am so psyched....

31 minutes solid running followed by about 8 minutes of walking-- heading to type. Nytol.

Marla, Way to go girl:flowerforyou:

Beth, Welcome!