Black Team Challenge Week 11

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Andrew, it seems to me you were the one who told Beth to quit creeping!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Andrew, it seems to me you were the one who told Beth to quit creeping!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

And we are so glad she did.:laugh:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Nicky - they must be close..

I just logged on to whine for a little bit.. I don't normally do this, but I am really frustrated..

I'm trying to be good - eating within my calories and working out more than this old body ever worked out, but I feel like I just keep going backwards.. scale is up, body feels like someone has been beating me, and I had shin splints and hip pain so bad I could only do 2 - 60 second runs on the treadmill before I had to limp back to my desk.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Is it possible that my body is warring against me? :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's completely possible. Your body is just confused. Be gentle to it, hold it's hand, give it time and things will sort themselves out and that number will start going down. Don't give up!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Yes, we are so glad Beth is here. :flowerforyou: And Andrew my sympathy for you has not materalized, sorry!!! :laugh:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Yes, we are so glad Beth is here. :flowerforyou: And Andrew my sympathy for you has not materalized, sorry!!! :laugh:

aww...gee...thanks :blushing:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Mine has-- I remember my bathing suit-- uh, rubbing me the wrong way when I was 13 years old-- not fun.

You have my deepest sympathies-- :wink:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Oh I didn't mean I wasn't sorry Andrew was hurting and miserable, I just meant that I didn't feel sorry for him because Beth posted what she did! :embarassed: Sorry if it came across wrong!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey troops-- just came back from a lovely run. Thought best not to push too hard. I have this crazy thing about me that if I prove to myself that I can do something once, I need to do it all the time. I ran three miles yesterday so I really wanted to tonight-- but since I had to take a nap this afternoon due to my cold, thought it best not to push.

So I ran two miles and walked the third...glorious time to get some thoughts together. I'm struggling with faith issues and that bothers me tons. But my thoughts ran more to all of you, and how precious you are to me.

This group that we have here so sweetly embodies what friends do for each other-- you stroke me when I'm down, hug me, help me up and push me along to make me better. You're funny, sweet, warm, kind, intelligent people-- and I treasure you all. You make me want to be a better person.

I am so blessed because I have that in my husband, too. With us it has never been, "I love you, you're perfect just the way you are." It's "I love you the way you are," but there's always room for improvement. He motivates me, as you all do, to conquer the things I never thought I could do. ( I feel like Billy Blanks here-- )

Bobbi, Janie, Shuntae, Lori, Sam, Sara, Jeannie, Andrew, Janie, Nicky, Roni, Tresa, Amanda, Amelia, Beth-- names I may have missed-- :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: to all of you--

God bless us this day, my friends-- nite nite!

PS: no typing tonight-- whoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add Lynnie-- yipes, how can I forget you!!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Right back to you Marla:flowerforyou:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Aw I love you man! (Marla the best group hug giver of all!):drinker:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    smiley-hug005.gif
    smiley-hug006.gif
    smiley-hug008.gif
    and of course
    smiley-hug007.gif
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am so blessed because I have that in my husband, too. With us it has never been, "I love you, you're perfect just the way you are." It's "I love you the way you are," but there's always room for improvement. He motivates me, as you all do, to conquer the things I never thought I could do. ( I feel like Billy Blanks here-- )

I love that! I love you the way you are, but there's always room for improvement! :bigsmile: Some might read that and think negatively of it but it's really inspiring. Human beings grow and change, and how precious to be loved as we are, but also to be loved for who we will be!
  • Marla64
    Options

I love that! I love you the way you are, but there's always room for improvement! :bigsmile: Some might read that and think negatively of it but it's really inspiring. Human beings grow and change, and how precious to be loved as we are, but also to be loved for who we will be!

Absolutely-- it's not who we are that counts, nor who we were-- it's who we're trying to be-- who we will be some day-- you got it!

If we grow complacent with who we are, we're doomed. We should always be striving to be better-- smarter, kinder-- all the good things "er"-- and if we have folks along the way to motivate us, how blessed are we?

Yes, it's 3am-- typed some after all-- just got my crunches in, lame-o that they are-- I just can't get my shoulders off the flippin' floor in crunches. And I never feel 'em--

anyway-- nitey-nite, troops-- sweet dreams!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Yes, it's 3am-- typed some after all-- just got my crunches in, lame-o that they are-- I just can't get my shoulders off the flippin' floor in crunches. And I never feel 'em--

anyway-- nitey-nite, troops-- sweet dreams!

when you are down on the floor, tuck your tailbone under (kind of like point it towards the ceiling without picking your butt up). See if that helps. Oh! Something else I've been told is to keep your hands behind your head (with your thumbs on your earlobes, light pressure) and bend your arms out enough that you can't see them with your peripheral vision. :flowerforyou: I'm glad you had a nice, reflective run! :flowerforyou: It's good to have some kick-butt support! :bigsmile:

I'm not weighing in today. I'm avoiding that scale like the plague until my muscles cool off a bit. I couldn't even make it down the stairs without "owwie owwie owwie" (I have to admit, I thought of Andrew :laugh:). PLUS, I'm sick. The cold circulating through this house has finally found me. BAH! I had big plans to try Zumba at the gym today. We'll see if I make it.

I hope you all have a great weigh-in!

Roni - I saw your ticker yesterday! WTG on 70#! You are just doing fantastic!

I'll be around later. Is the new challenge posted yet?
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Back to wanting to throw my scale out the window this morning. :mad:

I know in my head that I didn't truly gain 2+ pounds of fat in a week, but it's so frustrating to see it shoot back up after such a good week last week. I had never thought about what Sara posted yesterday with the water retention after weight training, but after the last several weeks where I've increased it, that scale has been HATEFUL. Not going to stop lifting because it makes me feel good, but it is a total pain in the *kitten*.

That said, I'm going to give myself a break from the scale and weighing in with the team for a while. I can't handle the stress it's bringing me. I'm still going to be doing the challenges, posting and working out/eating right, but I'm stepping away from the scale.

Hope you all have a great day!

I :heart: you all!

Shuntae
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Back to wanting to throw my scale out the window this morning. :mad:

I know in my head that I didn't truly gain 2+ pounds of fat in a week, but it's so frustrating to see it shoot back up after such a good week last week. I had never thought about what Sara posted yesterday with the water retention after weight training, but after the last several weeks where I've increased it, that scale has been HATEFUL. Not going to stop lifting because it makes me feel good, but it is a total pain in the *kitten*.

That said, I'm going to give myself a break from the scale and weighing in with the team for a while. I can't handle the stress it's bringing me. I'm still going to be doing the challenges, posting and working out/eating right, but I'm stepping away from the scale.

Hope you all have a great day!

I :heart: you all!

Shuntae

*hugs* I'm sorry it is being a bad scale this morning, Shuntae. WE know you're doing awesome, so you don't need that scale telling you otherwise! :flowerforyou:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    you guys are awesome....thank you for welcoming me so warmly :flowerforyou: we're off to boston for the night and taking the kids to the aquarium tomorrow. the kids are psyched about seeing penguins, i'm psyched about eating dinner at legal seafood mmmmmmm. i gained 1.5 lbs since yesterday, but i'm thinking it might be cause i drank a bunch of water last night (i hope) have a good day everyone! feel better marla and sara:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    you guys are awesome....thank you for welcoming me so warmly :flowerforyou: we're off to boston for the night and taking the kids to the aquarium tomorrow. the kids are psyched about seeing penguins, i'm psyched about eating dinner at legal seafood mmmmmmm. i gained 1.5 lbs since yesterday, but i'm thinking it might be cause i drank a bunch of water last night (i hope) have a good day everyone! feel better marla and sara:flowerforyou:

I went to that aquarium my junior year of high school! LOVED it! Have fun & be safe, Beth (and Andrew :bigsmile:)!
  • Marla64
    Options
    to Hades with my scale-- I'm still doing my SpongeMarla thing, despite TOM's imminent departure. I have little tiny eyeballs surrounded by huge, puffy sacks of watery, glosh-- my tummy, too-- we made chili the other day in the crockpot....happens every time I have it-- sodium in the canned tomatoes, plus the sodium in the seasoning packet-- so aggravating.

My body was perfectly designed to be a pioneer woman-- fresh veggies and lean meat is the only thing that wouldn't make this body bloat.

Still-- onward and upward, my good teammates-- WE know we're doing right by ourselves, so what if an inanimate, devilish object is so woefully, woefully confused?

One day this week I'll wake up and, poof, as if by magic I'll look in the mirror and my face will be back to normal, I'll see my eyes again, and I won't look 3 months pregnant--

Have a great day everyone--