Black Team Challenge Week 11

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Marla - You doin' a 5K, lady? :huh: Good for you! Think of me while you run your little heart out. :laugh:

I DID do a mile on the elliptical today! Couldn't figure out why I liked it so much today as opposed to all the other times I've tried it. Today...I did it backwards. :laugh: BUT, I liked it! Burned 130 cals in 10 minutes! That's something for me! HA!

Zumba was better than the dvd, but I'm still not giving up Turbo Jam/Kick for it. Entertaining, I sweat, 450 cals in 45 minutes (about the same as one of my TJ dvds I do), but this body was not meant to shake my hips at anything. Seeing myself doing that in the mirror made me bust out laughing a few times. People thought I was loopy...well, people figured out that I am loopy. LOL
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    We need a new challenge people! :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Marla - You doin' a 5K, lady? :huh: Good for you! Think of me while you run your little heart out. :laugh:

I DID do a mile on the elliptical today! Couldn't figure out why I liked it so much today as opposed to all the other times I've tried it. Today...I did it backwards. :laugh: BUT, I liked it! Burned 130 cals in 10 minutes! That's something for me! HA!

Zumba was better than the dvd, but I'm still not giving up Turbo Jam/Kick for it. Entertaining, I sweat, 450 cals in 45 minutes (about the same as one of my TJ dvds I do), but this body was not meant to shake my hips at anything. Seeing myself doing that in the mirror made me bust out laughing a few times. People thought I was loopy...well, people figured out that I am loopy. LOL

Yessum-- I'm gonna try-- I did 3 miles the other day-- figured, what the hey?
  • Marla64
    Options
    We need a new challenge people! :bigsmile:

I think Lynnie has it?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Ummmm-- or was it Amanda?
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

That's awesome...I can't wait to get to that point. I'm hoping to be able to run one in the summer or fall. :bigsmile:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

That's awesome...I can't wait to get to that point. I'm hoping to be able to run one in the summer or fall. :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I don't remember who called it for the coming week. I think Lynnie or Amanda, too. Hhhmmm

Hi, Nicky! How's the ticker? (as in heart, not as in weight...unless you want to tell me both...)

Hi, Shuntae! Good luck getting up the stamina for the 5K this summer!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    I don't remember who called it for the coming week. I think Lynnie or Amanda, too. Hhhmmm

Hi, Nicky! How's the ticker? (as in heart, not as in weight...unless you want to tell me both...)

Hi, Shuntae! Good luck getting up the stamina for the 5K this summer!

Thanks lady! Before I started the c25k, I had gotten up to about 15 minutes of solid running, but I guess I just burned out. I think the program is helping because I'm able to go faster and add incline.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Take it away Lynnie!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! :laugh:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Nicky - they must be close..

I just logged on to whine for a little bit.. I don't normally do this, but I am really frustrated..

I'm trying to be good - eating within my calories and working out more than this old body ever worked out, but I feel like I just keep going backwards.. scale is up, body feels like someone has been beating me, and I had shin splints and hip pain so bad I could only do 2 - 60 second runs on the treadmill before I had to limp back to my desk.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Is it possible that my body is warring against me? :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's completely possible. Your body is just confused. Be gentle to it, hold it's hand, give it time and things will sort themselves out and that number will start going down. Don't give up!

Thanks Nicky - I am taking your advice. Still working out, but taking a break from running - I think that is what put me over the edge. I will bust my butt swimming, on cardio machines and yelling back at Jillian during 30-Day shred - and I will eat healthy foods within my calories (except for the Fritos that just fell into my mouth :noway: :noway: ).

Can't give up - I know how good it feels when it goes the other way.

thanks all for your well wishes - I am feeling much better about things today - I think it will be OK..

janie
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hey troops-- just came back from a lovely run. Thought best not to push too hard. I have this crazy thing about me that if I prove to myself that I can do something once, I need to do it all the time. I ran three miles yesterday so I really wanted to tonight-- but since I had to take a nap this afternoon due to my cold, thought it best not to push.

So I ran two miles and walked the third...glorious time to get some thoughts together. I'm struggling with faith issues and that bothers me tons. But my thoughts ran more to all of you, and how precious you are to me.

This group that we have here so sweetly embodies what friends do for each other-- you stroke me when I'm down, hug me, help me up and push me along to make me better. You're funny, sweet, warm, kind, intelligent people-- and I treasure you all. You make me want to be a better person.

I am so blessed because I have that in my husband, too. With us it has never been, "I love you, you're perfect just the way you are." It's "I love you the way you are," but there's always room for improvement. He motivates me, as you all do, to conquer the things I never thought I could do. ( I feel like Billy Blanks here-- )

Bobbi, Janie, Shuntae, Lori, Sam, Sara, Jeannie, Andrew, Janie, Nicky, Roni, Tresa, Amanda, Amelia, Beth-- names I may have missed-- :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: to all of you--

God bless us this day, my friends-- nite nite!

PS: no typing tonight-- whoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add Lynnie-- yipes, how can I forget you!!!

Marla - you are the best.. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Your week 12 challenge, Ladies and Gent.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/45828-black-team-challenge-week-12

I'll bet it is not going to be as easy as some of you think it will be after you read it!

Mwuahaha.
    And, it was a toss up between this and everyone wearing sparkly pasties on our nippular area in honor of Andrew.
    :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Your week 12 challenge, Ladies and Gent.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/45828-black-team-challenge-week-12

I'll bet it is not going to be as easy as some of you think it will be after you read it!

Mwuahaha.
    And, it was a toss up between this and everyone wearing sparkly pasties on our nippular area in honor of Andrew.
    :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: Poor Andrew-- :smooched: