SO who's had POSITIVE experiences with online dating sites?

Options

Replies

• wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I made two awesome friends on eharmony... didnt get serious with either one of them but hey friends are always nice!
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance on match.com. I'm not going to lie, i had some "interesting" dates before I found him, but it is very possible to find love! :)

My exact story!!!

YUP :)

Same here. We will be celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary shortly. :)
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I tried Match.com, Christian Mingle, and Craigslist for about 3 months combined. Out of the 150+ who originally contacted me, I only met 3 nice guys. I got so fed up with the late night "meet me tonight" chats (what part of "I love the Lord and am very active in my church" says booty-call to these guys??), the long email convos that never resulted in a date (waste of my time!), and the guys who brought up sex before we'd even gone out (MOST of them!!) that I just quit my account even though I had plenty of paid time left.

Some good thing about online dating:
    1. The fact that I got so much attention, even if it rarely resulted in an actual date, really boosted my confidence
    2. That confidence boost helped me not settle with poor relationships... after all, there were plenty of guys waiting in line ;-)
    3. And I have no scientific proof on this, but I think that boost in confidence also resulted in other guys asking me out (that I met offline)
    4. I got to try new sporting events/restaurants/fun stuff to do that I would never have tried on my own
    5. One of my favorite friends I met on Match

The problem is, there are a lot of creeps! And I just didn't have time to keep wading through the creeps.

Definitely there are some good things to come out of online dating - I particularly identify with your point no. 2. There are tons of potential suitors out there - you just have to 'shop' the right way to find them :)

i also think that you get a much better chance to vet them, than just picking up a random guy in a bar/club/supermarket.. whatever. this way you can take as long as you like to get to know them - albeit via email/msn.

I rate online dating. And recommend it to all my single friends.
  • mschmidt76
    Options
    ditto! well technically, I already knew my wife from school but hadn't seen her for almost 14 years...."bumped into her" on a dating site and now we are married!
  • Juleeroch
    Juleeroch Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    ME !!

I met my husband through a dating site - think it was called Udate (not sure). I was only on it one day and I had quite a few replies. You do have to be careful though - one guy was a bit sleezy but i could tell that from his messages. My husband gave me his mobile number and the same night we texted each other nearly all night. I met him the very next day. From then on we were hooked on each other. I didnt need to look at the dating site anymore (even though I'd paid for a month). We've been together since 2003 and we got married 4 years ago. Best thing we ever did.

However I would say that if you agree to meet with someone - always make sure you meet in a busy place like a pub with lots of people around. Always make sure you let someone know where you're going, who with, and what time you are expected home and then arrange a phone call to let them know your back safe.

Happy hunting......
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    so happy for you all! x
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Met my misses thro POF. Been together almost 5 years now. No kids or the like but we've gained plenty of pets, her surrogate babies :laugh:
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I did the free three day trail on Match.com in September 2006. Met the best man in the world, who is perfect for me...we were married 10-10-10!!! I am very blessed!!!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend of two years (and future husband) :P on a cell phone game (Cestos)... haha it worked out for us! Idk about dating sites, buttt... I know a lot of people nowadays who meet their life long mates through online gaming.
  • lawson305
    Options
    :smile: i'm recently single and don't hope to be on the market long...i simply cannot believe it and honestly it will take me time to re-adjust. friends welcome
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    *cricket chirp*
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I met my bf online, and that was 4 years ago.

I do get there are some jerks out there, but if you are level headed you are fine. I have never ever had someone I know have a terrifying experience or even a really bad one. I mean, yeah, they've met jerks. But you just get up and go. Those horror stories I've really never heard of anyone I actually know having one.

Just be safe and smart and its fine!
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    I met my husband on a dating site, though I did meet some...interesting people before that. Then again, I met a couple of guys who I didn't really click with, but were cool--and we're still friends to this day.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I am now married to the man I met on a dating site...

A dating site that my MOTHER signed me up for!
  • lost_snowboarder
    Options
    Well my mom met her husband so I tried it.
    I met about 3 guys that I had to say ti wasnt working out, but the great thing was chatting online made it easier even after we met to call it off, after realizing the bad things.

then I met my husband and he found me on there!!! It was amazing!!!
  • jijibiji
    Options
    I’ve used chatbox uk a few times [url=http://www.chatboxuk.com/[/url].. Online dating sites provide you with the opportunity to chat and flirt with other interesting singles at the comfort of your home. It is very important to visit only chat sites that are safe and secure and pull with scams.
  • juliecornor
    Options
    Online dating is really worked for thousands of singles, including myself. I have recently met my life partner, we are getting married in next month. He is a relative of my best friend. Unfortunately we came to know this on the first day of our chatting. Later we often meet at restaurants, we liked each other and understanding very well. I know that many people are scaring about online dating and some are having awful dating experiences with strangers. I agree most of the dating websites are not safe. We need to be very careful and do some research to find the reliable dating website.

http://www.shagl.com
  • jeswlf24
    Options
    im 21 and i met my beautiful boyfriend on pof (i blocked the creepers as well and was loking for someone without a pic like me) and weve been together for 2 yrs. my ma is very conservative nad HATES online dating and she still pushes me to go out there and meet other men but i refuse to date anyone else bc i have already met the love of my life. I ve been thru many many world wars with her and in my house tht i left and lived with my bf for a week. but i had to eventually come back and finish school..but after school we wil get married :) i love him so much. doesnt matter where you meet him as long as u meet someone who loves u and sacrafices a lot for you :)
  • mattnikki
    Options
    i got chatting to a guy said he wasfrom the states working on an oil rig for 10 months to give himself respite after the death of his wife leaving his 12 year old son in the states with a carer , alarm bells were ringing yes ! but i was intrigued so continused to chat to him via facebook he had a profile and although sparse seemed legit , he poured his heart out to me about how lonely he was and how much he regretted his decision to go to the rig in asia but he felt it was the only way to clear his mind etc x he got sick whilst talking to me and spent 3 days in his room chatting to me and seeking reassurance i felt at this point that whoever he was he was nt sending me dirty pictures was nt talking dirty and was simply seeking comfort , i kept a log of the time differences and checked to see when the number he had given me was originated at yes it all added up a 7 hour time gap and a o6 mobile number all add up to malaysia . We then got chatting about his contract ending and it was in 2 weeks time he told me he felt unable to return immedialtly to his son in the states as he was shaky and felt the stint on the rig had alienated him from his son , i offered re assurance of skyping facetime and said he could call whenever . he returned home we skyped i loved him simple as that i spend many hours talking him and his son through various problems and eventually we decided he would visit me in the uk the day arrived i waited at the airport heart pounding and then there he was dirty tired son in hand and tears pouring down his face bless him we are all together in the uk now and are getting married in august we may eventually move to the states , he is indeed a drill engineer for a major oil company he s handsome, rich and a true gent i adore him yes he has emotional issues i have never seen as many tears from man !! he has insecurities and terrible dreams but we are getting there i adore this man and i am living my fairytale xxx
  • sarahc142
    Options
    I started talking to a guy on MeetMe because I thought he was really cute and cool
    Honestly I thought he was way out of my league but we started talking every day, and we both had a really strong connection. He ended up asking me to be his girlfriend on New Years! We're meeting for the first time in 9 days, he'll fly up here and spend a week with me!