SO who's had POSITIVE experiences with online dating sites?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Joined one almost 4 years ago, met one guy, married him last May. He's sitting next to me now :)
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    I met my wife in an Internet discussion forum (not an actual dating site, basically a place like this one). We've been together for 7 years now.

It's not for everyone, though. I know a few people who've had good luck with it, but I also know several who've had really bad experiences.
  • Trishsimon
    Options
    Not me I went on two dates with men from dating sites complete disasters and definately not a match for me, but then I did meet my husband on facebook we both clicked on " are you interested " became friends on fb and it went from there.
    Make sure you choose really good recommended dating site as some of them are just full of people who actually look and act nothing like they do online.

Maybefriends.com is a good one not sure if you have that where you are.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd responded to this before but I guess not. I met my husband on OK Cupid and he is aMAZing.

I've had 99% fantastic experiences with meeting guys online. I even met my ex husband (a good guy, just not the love of my life) online. Some of the guys I met online are still friends, and one guy I wasn't too interested in wound up marrying my best friend and they have been married 14 yrs and have 3 kids.

One thing though...I was always BRUTALLY honest & up front, about who I am and what I want. If a guy did not meet my dealbreakers (non-religious, childfree by choice and not a parent, intelligent, no drugs) I would just delete them instantly. In fact I'd even delete guys who didn't like the "right" music, books, etc. Sounds harsh but why waste time when you have such an awesome tool to find a good match??