Mean women at the gym

Options

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I ignored her, but the steps are right next to a weight circuit i do so I was on her tail the whole time around the circuit. it made me feel good that every time i sat down on a machine after her I saw she was at least 10lbs+ under what I can lift. WHO'S THE P*SSY NOW! :)

Next time get in front of her. Or mention to someone (so she can hear) that you don't go for speed, you go for strength. I am much slower on the elliptical at the gym than most the other gals, but I have it cranked up really high resistance.
  • kchrost1
    Options
    "wow, i would really like to call you out on what you just said, but i don't fight against ugly people because they've got nothing to lose..."

and that's what i would have said silently to myself
  • LuisHmfp
    Options
    Rephrased: Q. How do you deal with stupid people?
    A. Ignore them. Stupidity is its own reward.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where to post this so. Yesterday at the gym these two girls were working out on the aerobic steps. one girl says to another while explaining a step "you can do it this way, or you can do it the p*ssy way like that" and then points at me. It took everything in my body not to walk over and deck her. How do I handle a situation like that?

I vote for walking over her and decking her.
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    I think I would have laughed and ignored it. Not worth dignifying teh stoopid.
  • pokergal76
    Options
    Next time you go to that gym, take along a beautifully wrapped gift box containing some Midol and a anger management therapist business card. :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    You should cry.
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would just have said "I can hear you, you know." and walked off. I think there are better comebacks, but that's what would have come to me in the spur of the moment. Sometimes people just need their rudeness pointing out to them.

Exactly. Maybe she said it because she didn't think you'd say anything back. Nothing like calling someone out.

That really burns me. I mean what if you were working out at a reduced level because you had an injury, or for some other valid reason? I have bad knee that is permanently damaged, and that limits me sometimes. I would hate to have someone say something snarky like that to me. Your body is your body, and you should be able to work out how you want without others judging you for it.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I'd ask if she is a lesbian.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    I'd rather be a pus*y than a stupid cu*t.

Fill in the *

Seriously, what is wrong with people? I am sorry that you had to deal with that.
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Why stoop to her level? It wouldn't make you any better than she is. Glad you took the high road.
  • hillybilly007
    Options
    :bigsmile: Could not said it any better ,why waste your breathe or time on her.:ohwell:
  • FrostyBev
    FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That's pretty ridiculous. I'm glad I've never had to deal with an idiot like that. I'd probably laugh at them, tell them they are pathetic and continue on my work out.
  • FrostyBev
    FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    "But doing it that way (point to the other girl) obviously makes you a raging b*tch."

That response is FUNNY. If you could be that quick witted, and say it with a laugh - perfect.
    Maybe even better that you stayed on her tail the whole time without knowing what you were thinking. Good job on the workout!

The unknown causes the most fear. :) You're wicked in a cool way. :drinker:
  • Inacay
    Inacay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You should cry.

OMG, that would be really hilarious to start BALLING REALLY LOUD!
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I would smile, wave, and keep on going. :) It is impossible to fight with someone who is ignorant, which she has already proven to be!!!

THIS. When you genuinely laugh it off, she looks like a b*tch and you look like a queen. Bullies tend not to bully people who refuse to be cowed. But fighting a girl bully directly doesn't always get you what you want.
  • Marmalina
    Options
    oh my gosh! what a b#%^! I think you did the right thing. If you cussed her off that could have turned into an uncomfortable situation. Use that negativeity to fuel your workouts!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    "But doing it that way (point to the other girl) obviously makes you a raging b*tch."

LMAO!!! THAT"S WHAT I WOULD SAY.... If I was quick witted enough lol
  • giraffells
    giraffells Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like this option!
  • jaime_lynn_
    jaime_lynn_ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i dont know what you should do... but i probably would have been walked out in handcuffs....