Mean women at the gym

Options

Replies

• horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    It is best not to argue with idiots, first they drag you down to their level and proceed to beat you with experience.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    "But doing it that way (point to the other girl) obviously makes you a raging b*tch."

love this...me i would not let it go i cant so i would be like excuse me????? u have a issue with the way i do it????? then look at the other girl and say something to the effect of what u said

usually when i say excuse me to some one in a way they know i heard them they back off cause none of those type of people can stand up to someone, they just are so use to people ignoring or letting them walk all over them and then when someone says something they fumble to have something to say lol
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Kick her in the fandango!! Hate rudeness!!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    "But doing it that way (point to the other girl) obviously makes you a raging b*tch."

Love it....a lot!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    2011 me would have thrown down, allowing that type of stupid comment to affect me.

2012 me would brush it off and keep on moving. It's not worth the time or frustration.

I've spent a lot of my life being angry about overheard comments, or arguments with ignorant people over opinions they felt they needed to share. Then I realized that by doing so, I was letting them win. I no longer care what they think. I'm in this for me.

^^^ I'm so proud of you! Feels great to have the self-control and peace of mind to just let the stupid stuff roll off your back. Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I would walk over and say in an extremely assertive way, "You were pointing at me. Is there a PROBLEM?" If she backs down, and says 'Nothing,' I would respond with an extremely assertive, 'GOOD.' Then walk away.

If she attempts to explain, especially if it's mean, I would say, " You bore me with your drivel" while walking away.

Bet she never does this again, especially if your body language and tone of voice conveys confidence.
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    I haven't read the replies, but can tell you that I'd laugh and wink at them, or wink at the one getting the instruction. Then I'd let it go. Stuff happens. Do what you need to do for yourself while working out. Why increase the negativity in the room? Infuse some positive attitude.

I know someone who was hollered at from a car of guys going by, something about "look at her fat a**." Ordinarily that would hurt deeply, any of us. But for some reason she was full of spirit that day. Instead of letting it depress her, she turned toward them, waved real big and yelled, "HEY! THANKS!" while smiling real big at them. Instead of going home depressed about it, she went home laughing.

The thing is, if you react negatively, it will set a mood, including within yourself. If you react with a smile or grin and a wink, they'll most likely lighten up.

You are there to get healthy and to enjoy your life. Enjoy every moment that there's a way to, somehow. In uncomfortable situations, you can salvage the moment, at least for yourself.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    That was unnecessary

but

were you leaning on the handle bars?

Because then really she had a point. Although she didn't have to be a prick about it.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    2011 me would have thrown down, allowing that type of stupid comment to affect me.

2012 me would brush it off and keep on moving. It's not worth the time or frustration.

I've spent a lot of my life being angry about overheard comments, or arguments with ignorant people over opinions they felt they needed to share. Then I realized that by doing so, I was letting them win. I no longer care what they think. I'm in this for me.

^^^ I'm so proud of you! Feels great to have the self-control and peace of mind to just let the stupid stuff roll off your back. Keep it up! :flowerforyou:

Good for you honey!! My 2012 resolution was to try to be a more tolerant, less angry person. I have picked up some books and I think I am making progress. Although in my case it is medical.

Hope I can be as awesome as you soon! :flowerforyou:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Start talking to them about road kill,and how you think blood and maggots crawling on dead things is really really hot. Then tell them they would look beautifull with blood and maggots follow that with a manical laugh and you will be lucky if they look at you again
  • reneeramirez4christ
    reneeramirez4christ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    haha well I have to admit in the past I would probably beat the crap out of her, but I have found Jesus and therefore must discourage that behavior :) Reality is that women who make comments like that or are mean and hurtful have their own issues. They aren't truly happy and they are in fact jealous of women like you are are bettering themselves. My suggestion...smile, laugh and remember, YOU ARE TRULY HAPPY, THEY ARE NOT. I would even say a prayer for them and ALWAYS remember, God's got your back!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Tell her that I can fix ***** technique, but you can't fix stupid
  • Marizzle23
    Options
    I am oblivious to stuff like that because i usually have my headphones in and my music WAY too loud.....however, if I heard that I would probably make a shirt that says "I climb stairs like a p*ssy" and keep it in reserve until I saw her again. I might be a little passive-aggresive...........
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Walk up to her and punch her in the vagina...tell her you would have punched her lightly but didn't want to be a pus*y :)
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    There are always people who will putt others down in order to make themselves feel better. I have no problem with confrontation so I would most likely call them on it and watch them squirm.
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    OMG that is too funny!!!! Awesome comeback - Secret Beauty!!!!
  • BlueSkies_12
    BlueSkies_12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow, i probably would have told them to go f themselves lol......but don't let it bother you because people that do that sort of thing aren't worth your time and if she has to talk about other people to make herself feel better, she probably doesn't have a high self-esteem anyway.
  • mlc3409
    mlc3409 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    See now I would have walked over to the Owner/manager and requested to be shown how to use the stepper the "RIGHT" way since that woman said I was doing it incorrectly or the "P*SSY" way.

I'm sorry It isn't that I wouldn't want to just DECK her. I would feel if I didn't say something to the management then she might be doing it to others that might have stopped going because of it. If Management found her out of line maybe they would ask her not to come back. There should be ZERO TOLERANCE for that kind of *****iness.
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    When someone says something mean to me I get this smile on my face. It must be a creepy looking mean smile because usually the conversation stops and they go away. Probably more than one person has walked away thinking I'm a psychopath. :laugh: Some will call me on it. "What are YOU smiling about?" Or something similar. And then I tell them the truth. I'm smiling because you came in here and started *kitten* with me, when you do even know anything about me. How horrible you must feel about yourself that you have to put down complete strangers in order to feel good about yourself. If you need to be a b!tch to feel good you can go right ahead. Your opinon doesn't mean anything.

And then I go back to doing what I was doing and pay no attention to them. I got picked on a lot in the school days. I learned that the people who matter are friends and family mostly. It's really a short list when you think about all the people in the world. I'm the only person that has the power to make me happy or miserable and absolutely REFUSE to allow people who don't matter have any effect on how I feel about myself. It doesn't matter how old people get they can still be bullies. I'm usually a very nice easy going person but bullies just make my blood boil and I want to make them feel small. :devil:
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options

This!