Mean women at the gym

Options

Replies

• MrsKite
    MrsKite Posts: 35
    Options
    You should have gone over the and decked her just to burn up a few extra calories...

All I can say is Karma Baby!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Ignoring, or a simple "**** you" may do the trick.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where to post this so. Yesterday at the gym these two girls were working out on the aerobic steps. one girl says to another while explaining a step "you can do it this way, or you can do it the p*ssy way like that" and then points at me. It took everything in my body not to walk over and deck her. How do I handle a situation like that?
    For ladies, I can't say.
    If a guy ever singles me out like that, I hope pain is something he enjoys.
    I hate bullies!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    "But doing it that way (point to the other girl) obviously makes you a raging b*tch."

LOVE this ^^ bahahah xD
    What a rude thing to say! >.> Come to my gym. We will be buddies xD haha
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i mindmy own business. easier said than done.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    "But doing it that way (point to the other girl) obviously makes you a raging b*tch."

I always wish I had come backs like this ready, but to be honest I would have been speechless. Amazing. :noway:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    That's so rude! I get too flustered to deal with confrontation usually, but I'd probably say something like "excuse me?" and just give her a dirty look. People can be so mean, and for no reason!
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. I would not have let that go. I would have called them out right away. Just a 'Wow, really?!' often suffices in these situations. It's not confrontational, it's holding them accountable for their behavior. I do this for men who drop doors on me because I'm overweight. It happens quite a bit.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    . Then I realized that by doing so, I was letting them win. I no longer care what they think. I'm in this for me.

This, my friend, is an NSV. you are so right.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    More information is required. Yes they're *****es, but I'm curious as to what kind of hxc exercise they're doing with ****ing aerobic steps.
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Something my late big Italian Grandfather used to say...."I may be fat... but you're ugly....and I can diet!"

Don't worry about the peeps around you. Do your thing and let them lead on with their miserable existence.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

YEAH!!!
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I ignored her, but the steps are right next to a weight circuit i do so I was on her tail the whole time around the circuit. it made me feel good that every time i sat down on a machine after her I saw she was at least 10lbs+ under what I can lift. WHO'S THE P*SSY NOW! :)

Hilarious!!
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I know it's rude but I'd be thinking to myself as well that I should probably change what i'm doing if it is the 'pissy' way.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    It's a word that begins with C and it was made just for situations like this.
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    Possibly just walk to the front desk and just let the attendants know she is harassing you. They will more than likely confront her (they would at my gym) and ask her to leave. In fact, at most gyms, purposely taunting someone is usually cause to get your membership revoked. We're all there for the same damn thing.

I'm curious though, there is only so much you can do on a stair machine...was she calling you out because your stride was smaller? I probably would have decked her for that!
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Act like you didn't hear her but saw her pointing.

"I noticed you pointing at me, do you need my machine? You can have it, you obviously need the exercise more than I do."

Edit: Before you do this, make sure she was actually pointing at you and calling you a bad name. Once, I was leg pressing and listening to my music. Some girl came by, looked at me, and turned to her friend. All I heard of the conversation was "Ugh_________that guy _________so much weight." I took off my headphones and confronted her, thinking she was calling me fat. Turned out she had said "Ugh, I could never do what that guy's doing, he's lifting so much weight." Oops.
  • Piglet_26
    Piglet_26 Posts: 104
    Options
    I quite literally would have just turned around waved and said 'Oh hi' with a big smile on my face, hopefully this would have been enough to embarrass her and show that I don't give a rats *kitten* what anyone else thinks, this makes you the better person. What you do at the gym and how you do it is up to you, if you're getting a good work out and feeling the burn then screw what they think.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Hard to let a thing like that go, but sadly, you must. You will probably never see her again in all liklihood, but just think of it this way....

she's in such a bitc#y mood, perhaps her GYNECOLOGIST PULLED THE WRONG TOOTH!!!!

Ouchayowza!

Remember, you are not THERE for ANYONE ELSE but YOU.....