Mean women at the gym

Options

Replies

• MissGatekeeper
    Options
    "How nice of you using me as an example of the SAFE way of doing this. Might want to clean up your language tho, 'hun. And be careful not to harm yourself!"
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My grandad used to say, "Them that can, do it. Them that can't, talk about it." You let you strength and stamina do the talking. You will still be kicking @ss when those girls have gotten over their gym phase. They may think they know better, but you get the results.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I would of called her out, but thats just me, I love to fight. I cannot tell you what you should have done, everyone is different but personally nothing bothers me more than leaving things unsaid.

Who cares what the idiot said, kuddos to you for working out and taking control of your health.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I probably would have just said, "Wow". Calls her out on her *****iness in a non confrontational way.

I had a similar thing happen to me the other day. I had just put on my headphones, but didn't turn them on. These 2 women proceeded to the corner where I was lifting some free weights and made a snarky comment about "just not wanting to get biceps and would prefer to just have long & lean arms" and gave me a dirty look like my biceps are a bad thing. Now, I would have said something, but I'm sure they thought I didn't hear them so I let it go. When I looked back at them, they were lifting little 2 pounders. What I really wanted to say was, "Now why in the world would you comment on the biceps of the chick who could kick your *kitten*? That's just plain stupid." :) Of course, karma is a ***** and they'll be stuck with their flabby arms forever if they don't lift more than a can of Diet Coke weighs. :)
  • Leesseebee
    Options
    Ok, so I am pretty over-sensitive and I would probably be upset in general, but for some reason I am pretty cocky at the gym-I don't know why-I feel like I would have laughed at their audacity, and then done something really complicated and given them the finger. I mostly do this sort of crap in the pool-people assume I suck because I am heavy but I am an awesome swimmer-particularly a flyer-and I have been known to do fly with only my middle fingers out, or when I am sized up and told to get out of someone's lane, I make them explain why-if they don't give a good reason, I tell them to buck up and move over.
    You're at the gym. You are working hard. That makes you awesome. All the haters can go eff themselves.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where to post this so. Yesterday at the gym these two girls were working out on the aerobic steps. one girl says to another while explaining a step "you can do it this way, or you can do it the p*ssy way like that" and then points at me. It took everything in my body not to walk over and deck her. How do I handle a situation like that?

I'd give her the finger.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    "But doing it that way (point to the other girl) obviously makes you a raging b*tch."

my sentiment exacatlly!!!! =)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where to post this so. Yesterday at the gym these two girls were working out on the aerobic steps. one girl says to another while explaining a step "you can do it this way, or you can do it the p*ssy way like that" and then points at me. It took everything in my body not to walk over and deck her. How do I handle a situation like that?

you should have kicked her in the shins!
  • JeanetteDee
    JeanetteDee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You should have gone over the and decked her just to burn up a few extra calories...

All I can say is Karma Baby!

lmao ya'll are cracking me up! I didnt want to cause a scene.
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options
    Just walk over a deck her.....the fight it self may burn more calories than the stair machine! I am just kidding of course :)
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    "But doing it that way (point to the other girl) obviously makes you a raging b*tch."

And the win goes to this gal!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I pretty much don't waste a minute of my time on mean people, especially those showing their stupidity, in such a manner.

Lifes to short to bother even addressing a person that would make such a comment. Its not like anything you could say here is a "win", and certainly will not "teach" her anything. If she would make the statement you said - she is certainly not in the mode to receive an education from anyone, no matter how it is presented. :) And likely bucking to start a fight.

SHE obviously has issues, why let her negativity and horrid attitude pollute your life. Not worth playing into her drama lama game.

I can't choose what other people say or do - but I can choose whether I want to allow it to effect me, my day, my mood, my life. I choose not to let it do so.

In that situation, I would roll my eyes, ignore her, and keep doing what I am there to do. I am working out for me - no one else.
  • Lorie66
    Lorie66 Posts: 66
    Options
    Tell her if she was all that she would be home sitting high on her throne and not here trying to work off her big a** !
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options

love it!

I tend to be more non-confrontational, too, although if i was in that situation and had a friend with me, i'd more than likely say what the poster i quoted wrote. I tend to be "passive aggressive" in those situations.

If it's a one-time thing, i'd just try my best to forget about it - if you find that you run into her more and she acts like a jerk, i'd say something to the gym management.
  • goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    People are so ridiculous. Celebrate the fact you're a happy healthy person and she just a raving b*tch. Besides, who died and made her the queen of step aerobics?
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Should have decked her :laugh:
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Giving her the 2 finger salute works too..just be prepared to follow up ....lol
  • Seamoan87
    Seamoan87 Posts: 106
    Options
    I probably would have called her a c**t or just mean mugged the crap out of her. And let it be know I can take her down via stare lol
  • JeanetteDee
    JeanetteDee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    maybe i'm not calling the exercise we were doing the right thing. it's the step on the floor like this...

step6.jpg
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    I would walk over there and say the pu**y way is about to stomp on your head.... thats how i roll.....

:laugh: Frankly I would laugh -- cause there are idiots everywhere!