Mean women at the gym

Options
I'm not sure where to post this so. Yesterday at the gym these two girls were working out on the aerobic steps. one girl says to another while explaining a step "you can do it this way, or you can do it the p*ssy way like that" and then points at me. It took everything in my body not to walk over and deck her. How do I handle a situation like that?

Replies

• KSC811
    KSC811 Posts: 56
    Options
    wow what a *****, i would like to know the answer to this too, i would want to call her a c*nt, but idk what i would really do, but i would want her to feel stupid or bad. i guess let her know you heard her and ask to see her personal trainer licence and then tell her the way she is doing it is nothing special. i wanna hear what someone else would say
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know how to tell you how to handle the situation, I can only say what I would do...and that is nothing. I'm extremely non confrontational. I would pretend like I didn't hear it and probably leave after a few min. But I'm a big baby. LOL I also do not like to hurt anyones feelings ever, even if they are horrible to me, so I wouldn't say anything!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    "But doing it that way (point to the other girl) obviously makes you a raging b*tch."
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Just be the bigger person and let it go.... it won't make you feel better in the long run if you tell her off, and clearly she won't learn anything from it anyway if you do. Just think of the day when you'll be in better shape than she is - she wasn't working very hard if she could talk like that. LOL
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    "But doing it that way (point to the other girl) obviously makes you a raging b*tch."

THIS! :laugh:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

This.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I would walk over there and say the pu**y way is about to stomp on your head.... thats how i roll.....
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you had to deal with that! Try to stay upbeat and don't let that type of person get you down. Remember you are there for yourself, and to feel good. Try not to let that type of person affect you - your gym time is about you, not them. And if you question if you are using some equipment wrong, then just ask the gym staff. It is their job to help with that sort of thing. Good luck avoiding those rotten *%$!@$*.
  • HeavyHittah90
    Options
    Nothing much you could do other than confronting her and asking her what her problem is, youll always have ppl like that. Best thing to do is stand your ground and tell her "COME AT ME, B!TCH" and kick her stepper and look at her like she gonna do somethin she swing first she gets kicked out no questions asked :D
  • mrshoffy1
    mrshoffy1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would smile, wave, and keep on going. :) It is impossible to fight with someone who is ignorant, which she has already proven to be!!!
  • izoom3
    izoom3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow. I really am at a loss for words. I can't imagine anyone being so rude. That really stinks. Kudos for keeping your cool and also for working out in the first place. Don't let that numbskull keep you from going back to the gym. I have never had the experience but I would probably be doubting myself...i just assume that I know very little and others know more (wrong I know and I'm working on it). Pat yourself on the back for what you have accomplisher-getting there and working out.
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    GUTTER STOMP - American History X style.....

Honestly though, Ive dealt with mean girls all my life.... I would just make a point of starting a conversation with someone else, and demeaning something they did and point to them. An eye for an eye. Make sure they can hear you!

Although being the bigger person and letting it go probably is the mature thing to do, I love being a B*tch and I love the satisfaction I get when Im mean back. I used to lie down and bottle it up inside... NO MORE. These girls are mean and they deserve to see how it feels. Enjoy some revenge...

AND... when youre skinny and HAWT , theyll still be moles.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I would have said something, but I'm known for having a big mouth. How exactly was she telling her friend to use the stepper? Last time I checked there is really only one safe way to use it.
  • Ninja_Bunny
    Ninja_Bunny Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Some people are just sad, hateful people who need to put down others to make themselves feel important. Unfortunately these people usually prey on those whom they envy for some reason. She sounds horrible but she probably was jealous of you in some way so I would SMILE......People only hate on those they wish they could be! <3
  • chanson104
    Options
    Wear ear buds, listen to loud music, and ignore everyone else. Who cares what anyone else says or thinks! You are at the gym working out which is still more than what most people are doing!
  • JeanetteDee
    JeanetteDee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I ignored her, but the steps are right next to a weight circuit i do so I was on her tail the whole time around the circuit. it made me feel good that every time i sat down on a machine after her I saw she was at least 10lbs+ under what I can lift. WHO'S THE P*SSY NOW! :)
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    I'm not sure where to post this so. Yesterday at the gym these two girls were working out on the aerobic steps. one girl says to another while explaining a step "you can do it this way, or you can do it the p*ssy way like that" and then points at me. It took everything in my body not to walk over and deck her. How do I handle a situation like that?

Walk over and deck her.
  • dimplez711
    Options
    2011 me would have thrown down, allowing that type of stupid comment to affect me.

2012 me would brush it off and keep on moving. It's not worth the time or frustration.

I've spent a lot of my life being angry about overheard comments, or arguments with ignorant people over opinions they felt they needed to share. Then I realized that by doing so, I was letting them win. I no longer care what they think. I'm in this for me.
  • jennifer2977
    Options

LOL This is something I would say!
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    B*tches. *kitten* them. You go back there and show them how it is really done. Work out hard and work out proud. Lose the weight, get healthy, get strong and that will show those douche bags! Hate women like that.