Mean women at the gym

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i wuda gave her the middle finger and smiled..and just kept doin my workout..what a stupid bit**
  • gridder
    gridder Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Where on earth do you live? Honestly, I can't imagine someone saying anything like that, and I've been around.

Either she is a sociopath, or you misheard her.
  • carmenrjones12
    Options
    I'm sorry but my first reaction after reading your post was to tell you to punch her in the face, but then I thought about it and said 'what would that solve'? When you're at the gym you've got to keep your focus on YOU! Block out all of the nonsense and the negative comments because that will not help you with your goals. If you take your iPod with you, turn it on, maintain focus and remember why you're there. It's a shame that people behave like that but you have to block out the negativity. Tell that tramp to mind her bizness! (sorry that was negative wasnt it?) Lol
  • MsMarketeer
    MsMarketeer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Why stoop to her level? It wouldn't make you any better than she is. Glad you took the high road.

I have been a member at my gym for over 9 months and in that time virtually NO ONE has spoken to me including staff. I guess I'm not one of the "cool" people. I've never been a gym attendee, so it was very intimidating to go and workout amoungst "experienced folk".

What I've discovered in my observations is that "people watching" is a wonderful spectator sport. You can really learn alot and see the cliques form right before your very eyes. People like that are drama mongers. Take the high road because it sounds like your character is far above theirs.

Wrestle with a pig and you both end up dirty. No one is better off.
  • Alphawolf02
    Options
    Sticks and stones. The best thing to do is be the better person and ignore her. Causing a confrontation in the middle of the gym will probably get you in trouble, and it might not make you feel very good about yourself after you get home. People like that need to belittle other people in order to make themselves feel better, and they aren't worth your time and frustration. Good luck with your workouts, and I hope you stick with it.
  • missyont
    Options
    Just know that you aren't a rude person and people will have more respect for you not being a total ***** :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where to post this so. Yesterday at the gym these two girls were working out on the aerobic steps. one girl says to another while explaining a step "you can do it this way, or you can do it the p*ssy way like that" and then points at me. It took everything in my body not to walk over and deck her. How do I handle a situation like that?
    I'm so sorry you were treated that way, I've never had to that type of thing happen to me so can't even imagine what I'd do.

Though I don't have an answer for you I'm sending you hugs!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • crazybeautifulkittie
    Options
    I'm sorry this happened. Someone needs a high five in the face with a heavy chair. They're being jerkfaces. Next time its best to kill things will a smile. Or be a bit goofy. It actually off puts and shakes people up a bit more than just being mean back. You're better than that.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, just letting yourself have a good cry is all it takes to feel better.
  • bubblywine
    bubblywine Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Living well is the best revenge. Let it go, that's an unhappy and insecure person and you are better than sinking to her level. If it happens again, just laugh, which will have more of an effect than anything you can say.

Isn't there a major marketing anthem, "just do it"? It doesn't say what or how to "just do it".
  • PugsMagoo
    PugsMagoo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Though it's hard to do, just ignore her. I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around. She'll get her due one day :bigsmile:
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where to post this so. Yesterday at the gym these two girls were working out on the aerobic steps. one girl says to another while explaining a step "you can do it this way, or you can do it the p*ssy way like that" and then points at me. It took everything in my body not to walk over and deck her. How do I handle a situation like that?

She is a stupid cow, disregard both her comment and her entirely. Not worth your effort of wasting your energy over somebody like that.

However, it is all very well for an outsider, such as myself to say that, I was not the one on the receiving end of her comment. A derogatory comment was aimed at myself sometime last year, behind my back, unfortunately the female that said it, said it to another person with my husband standing there. To say I was fuming was putting it mildly, because like you, I wanted to deck her too.

People can do a lot of damage with their words, it is all very well for some people to say "but you let them get to you, brush it off", unfortunately, it's not always so easy to do.

There is nothing that I can say that would really help you with this, I found my situation difficult to deal with too to be honest, but I am sodded if I will let it affect me and my activities or looks in the future and I hope you don't either :flowerforyou:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Seriously, and trying not to offend in any way, but maybe you should look at your form when exercising, maybe it could be improved and you may even get better results (not knowing what you were doing and what she was doing, it's hard to say).
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Seriously, and trying not to offend in any way, but maybe you should look at your form when exercising, maybe it could be improved and you may even get better results (not knowing what you were doing and what she was doing, it's hard to say).
    I'm glad someone else posted it first... my original thought was "Well, does your form suck?" If you've got the ability to self-evaluate critically and make improvements, then the *****y girl did you a favor.

But, see, most of the time on the MFP forums when you dare to question someone you get flamed for being unsupportive... so instead of endure that, I advocated violence ("SWEEP THE LEG, JOHNNY!"). My post, and several violence-advocating posts before it, got LOLs and smileys and crap.

The MFP forums are a strange and twisted place.