Black Team Challenge-- lucky 13!

Options
15678911»

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I suggest starting with 5lbs. weights. Ladies aren't designed to "bulk up" unless you take some roids or do it insanely. Have you tried TurboSculpt yet, Marla? 40 min., gets the HR up & it has really made a difference in my body. Not a HUGE difference, but there is one!

Chalene Johnson (of TurboJam fame) does some serious weight training & doesn't look bulky, IMO.

606547_f248.jpg

Oh, to look like her. *sigh*
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I have tried the turbo sculpt, and I love it-- but the 40 minutes is the problem-- I'm looking for something to do in my room after my crunches. I'm usually doing these after midnight on my way to bed. I don't have 5 pound weights right now, so what do y'all think? 10lb or 3lb? Three sets of this, that and the other, more or less--

Keep at it, Ms. Beachbody-- you'll get there-- !!!!!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I have tried the turbo sculpt, and I love it-- but the 40 minutes is the problem-- I'm looking for something to do in my room after my crunches. I'm usually doing these after midnight on my way to bed. I don't have 5 pound weights right now, so what do y'all think? 10lb or 3lb? Three sets of this, that and the other, more or less--

Keep at it, Ms. Beachbody-- you'll get there-- !!!!!!

Oh, you're so sweet to me. :smooched: Start with 3lbs for a couple weeks, then go to the 10s. I just read something about mixing up weights while training. I'll have to see if I can find it again.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Bless your beans, 3 pounds it shall be-- heading to run-- later, team!!!!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Good night black team! Good luck with your weight ins!

:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Nite Andrew-- you, too--

Had a great run-- so beautiful here right now-- low 50s, cool-- a bit breezy. Hubs joined me for my last lap, which was nice! And he brought Bandit-- Siberian husky from hell-- :wink:

Hope you're all enjoying your last minute workouts-- wondering where Miss Amanda and Miss Tresa are, specifically-- hope you ladies are hanging in-- Bobbi, Roni, Janie, Lynnie, Jeannie-- awful quiet this week, hope life isn't crapping on you all--

Nite nite--
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Marla - So great of you to get that awesome run in with hubby & the devil dog. :laugh: I hope hope hope that the new scale & your reformed eating days have helped move that number down!

Andrew - Thank you! I'm not holding my breath, though. You have a good weigh-in yourself! :drinker:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Nite Andrew-- you, too--

Had a great run-- so beautiful here right now-- low 50s, cool-- a bit breezy. Hubs joined me for my last lap, which was nice! And he brought Bandit-- Siberian husky from hell-- :wink:

Hope you're all enjoying your last minute workouts-- wondering where Miss Amanda and Miss Tresa are, specifically-- hope you ladies are hanging in-- Bobbi, Roni, Janie, Lynnie, Jeannie-- awful quiet this week, hope life isn't crapping on you all--

Nite nite--

I'm still here and thanks for the shout out. Feeling a little under the weather, not sure if I'm getting something or not. :frown:

Good night Black Team and good luck on weigh ins tomorrow.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Nite Andrew-- you, too--

Nite nite--

I'm still here as well - thanks for the shout out.

Life is crapping on me a bit right now, but still holding it together. Jobs suck - time to win the lottery.

Went to look at a nice horse this week - could be my next soul mate, but need to get to know him a bit more first. The price is right at least - daughter moved away and mom just wants the horse to have a good home. More later.

Scale was not good to me today, but I had a pretty hard weight work out yesterday, so hoping it is muscle water retention... anything to make me hesitate when I want to hurl the scale across the room.

Good vibes for weigh ins today.. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<skinny>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Who has the next challenge - I need a butt whooping..

janie
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Good luck with weigh-ins! I'm glad to say my scale was nice to me today...after several weeks of gaining, I am back down to what my ticker says! (I don't change it when I gain.)

Whoo hoo!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I lost weight! Maybe that Marla knew what she was talking about with this challenge. Hmm.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i gained 2 pounds from yesterday:grumble: i hope hope hope it's just because TOM is approaching *crossing my fingers*
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Nite Andrew-- you, too--

Nite nite--

Im still here too, thanks for the shout out Marla:smile: My internet was down for 3 days so I have lots to log in today and get caught back up with it. I had a pretty good weigh-in this morning....was beginning to think I was getting stuck in the 260's lol. Apparently Im not!:drinker: Cant wait to see everyone's results this week, it was a great challenge this week:happy:
    ~Roni
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: does anyone want this week if not it's mine and I'm gonna make you WORK!!!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: does anyone want this week if not it's mine and I'm gonna make you WORK!!!!

You go Sam!!!

I am floundering out here...
  • Marla64
    Options
    Well-- I know my scale is not accurate, but it still moved positively-- about 5 pounds if it can be believed-- but, it's old and broken-- still I know from my body things are going well.

Stay strong with this challenge into next week my friends-- it was kind to us!!!

Sam, lay it on me!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Scale was neither good or bad to me. Indifferent scales?? No gain but no loss either.:grumble:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    week 14 is up!