husbands...

Options
This morning was my weigh in day. I didn't lose anything .. which pissed me off. So when I told my husband it. All he said was stop thinking about it so much. And it will happen!
Boy that's not what I wanted to hear....

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to generalize, but....most men want to "fix" our problems. So when you say stuff like that, I think sometimes they have no response b/c they can't fix it! Besides, we HAVE to think about it, and it doesn't just happen. Be damn sweet if it did!!

Keep logging, keep pushing, try not to let it discourage you. Take measurements, try on pants that used to be tight and see if they feel better. There are often things that change that the scale won't reflect.

Good luck!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    What did you want to hear?
  • klb620
    klb620 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Frustrating!

I vent to my husband to just get it off my chest, but then he tries to tell me what I'm doing wrong, like not exercising enough, not cutting enough calories, etc.....it really gets under my skin. All I want to hear is, sorry you're having a bad day/week......or look how far you've come, just stay focused......nope, I get all those tips that worked for him when he was in the Army.........ERRRRRR, husbands just don't get it! LOL
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    ok so one of you wants MORE input while the other wants NONE?

ugh, women.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options

I'm curious as well...what did you expect him to say?
  • Evansmama29
    Evansmama29 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have quickly learned not to bother talking to (some) husbands (not all of them)about weight loss efforts. I just started MFP about 3 weeks ago - and was recently talking to my husband about it. He told me that he hopes I'm not doing this for him, because he doesn't care - he thinks I'm beautiful. I know it was supposed to be nice - but it kind of pissed me off! Um no - not doing this for YOU hon, doing this for me!!! So you just freaking go ahead and enjoy that Big Mac with your freakishly high metabolism, while I choke down this rabbit food!! Some men just don't think before they speak. I'm sure by next week - your weigh in will be wonderful!!!!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Mine usually just asks when was the last time I took a dump. I :heart: him muchly.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I have quickly learned not to bother talking to (some) husbands (not all of them)about weight loss efforts. I just started MFP about 3 weeks ago - and was recently talking to my husband about it. He told me that he hopes I'm not doing this for him, because he doesn't care - he thinks I'm beautiful. I know it was supposed to be nice - but it kind of pissed me off! Um no - not doing this for YOU hon, doing this for me!!! So you just freaking go ahead and enjoy that Big Mac with your freakishly high metabolism, while I choke down this rabbit food!! Some men just don't think before they speak. I'm sure by next week - your weigh in will be wonderful!!!!
    SRSLY?!

He was being nice. He was saying you're beautiful and to do this for yourself and not him.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I have quickly learned not to bother talking to (some) husbands (not all of them)about weight loss efforts.
    Oh? How many husbands do you talk to about your weight loss efforts?
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me only my husband said you may not have lost any, but you didn't gain any either. I thought it was a great response and made me look at things totally different!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    SRSLY?!

He was being nice. He was saying you're beautiful and to do this for yourself and not him.

Holy **** women are neurotic!!!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Oh yay! Another husband bashing thread!

Wait what?
  • BarbieEdington
    Options
    My husband still has the metabolism of a 17 year old. So all evening long, I have to hear him crunching on potato chips and junk. He tried to not snack as much one week to support me and he lost 7 pounds. I lost 2 that week. He just doesn't get it!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Frustrating!

I vent to my husband to just get it off my chest, but then he tries to tell me what I'm doing wrong, like not exercising enough, not cutting enough calories, etc.....it really gets under my skin. All I want to hear is, sorry you're having a bad day/week......or look how far you've come, just stay focused......nope, I get all those tips that worked for him when he was in the Army.........ERRRRRR, husbands just don't get it! LOL

Sounds to me like hes trying to HELP.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Mine usually just asks when was the last time I took a dump. I :heart: him muchly.

haha mine just says "I still love you!!"
  • LinBin2012
    Options
    SRSLY?!

i agree. do this for you... not for the praise.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Seriously you women need to stop this crap.

Im just gonna start reporting husband bashing as offensive.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options

I'm curious as well...what did you expect him to say?

me 2
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    You people = neurotic

attachment?ui=2&ik=8f7aa8c9b1&view=att&th=135166daaaa1178f&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_gxurt87j0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-5NN47arTL901wdlmXDdCO&sadet=1327692665013&sads=UmIpmsdH_exoJyIf0t8bSxOwbVI&sadssc=1
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Your husband sounds like a great, level-headed guy.

And yes...sometimes we DO want to get all high school girl about our weight loss (did the scale move? did it not move? are my thighs getting bigger? is rice bad for me? should I go on a cleanse? should i eat more? should I go vegan? OMG! OMG! OMG!). It can be satisfying in its own little perverse way. Let's all just be honest with ourselves.

But, thank your lucky stars that you are not married to a man who acts like a teenage girl. His level-headed support is a lot better for you than a freak-out.

So give that man a big kiss tonight.