husbands...

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Could be worse they could be cheating,drinking,never coming home,no job,but yeah I guess a husband telling his wife shes beautiful is such a terrible thing
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    ok so one of you wants MORE input while the other wants NONE?

ugh, women.

Why I'm friends with you and not the others.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Huh.

Nothing I read here would have upset me if it were said to me. Maybe it's not the husbands who are difficult?

(Edited for misplaced apostophe. Thirty lashes to me!)
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    *applause*

Thats for Brett, Fear, and Joy.

And the rest of you that aren't insane women and want to know what the issue is here
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    Options
    mine says stop being impatient.... then goes back to his Xbox!
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I gained 4 lb this week. I don't know how. I've been ill and haven't been able to exercise, but still, 4 lb!
    My husband held me while I cried and gently suggested that at least some of it might be down to water retention and the steroids the doc put me on.
    Bless his lovely heart :heart:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Mine pretty much has a general DISINTEREST in what I'm doing as far as my HEALTH JOURNEY is concerned...
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yea you probably should have called a gf to rant about it to. Men are problem solvers. They don't understand the analyzing and discussing we have to do about everything. My husband tells me simply, "just stick with it babe." Like it's no problem.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I have quickly learned not to bother talking to (some) husbands (not all of them)about weight loss efforts. I just started MFP about 3 weeks ago - and was recently talking to my husband about it. He told me that he hopes I'm not doing this for him, because he doesn't care - he thinks I'm beautiful. I know it was supposed to be nice - but it kind of pissed me off! Um no - not doing this for YOU hon, doing this for me!!! So you just freaking go ahead and enjoy that Big Mac with your freakishly high metabolism, while I choke down this rabbit food!! Some men just don't think before they speak. I'm sure by next week - your weigh in will be wonderful!!!!

Moral of the story, it doesn't matter what we say we are wrong?

if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it, does it still make a sound?
  • GateCrasher1
    GateCrasher1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This morning was my weigh in day. I didn't lose anything .. which pissed me off. So when I told my husband it. All he said was stop thinking about it so much. And it will happen!
    Boy that's not what I wanted to hear....

He only said this because in the sheer terror of realizing he was being drawn into a conversation involving women and weight in which THERE IS NO RIGHT THING TO SAY, he panicked and spewed the first thing that came to mind. Be happy his heart didn't seize right then and make you a widow.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Give up now guys, with some women it doesn't matter what you do. Apparently just because you are a man you are wrong by default. :grumble:
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Awww....I'm sorry your husband was all logical and stuff. That really IS irritating when we're pissed off, isn't it?
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Frustrating!

I vent to my husband to just get it off my chest, but then he tries to tell me what I'm doing wrong, like not exercising enough, not cutting enough calories, etc.....it really gets under my skin. All I want to hear is, sorry you're having a bad day/week......or look how far you've come, just stay focused......nope, I get all those tips that worked for him when he was in the Army.........ERRRRRR, husbands just don't get it! LOL
    Agreed!

Husbands don't get it!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    What did you want to hear?

I agree, what response did you want/expect?

I am a husband and I try to be a supportive as possible of my wife. But hell! why ask a question if you do not want an answer? !

Your husband is probably like me. He wants to be supportive and helpful but is frustrated by getting negative feedback no matter what response he gives to pretty much any question. How about asking the question that you want need an answer to? Or, if it is emotional support you need, set a "date" to do something with your husband so that the two of you can spend some time together.

In addition, he is probably right! Focus on being healthy and you will lose weight! Focus on weight and you will be frustrated every time the scale does not move.
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I think by now we should all know and recognize the fact that men lose weight differently, deal with their problems differently, and comfort others differently.

Don't like it? Start playing for the "other team"
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    Frustrating!

I vent to my husband to just get it off my chest, but then he tries to tell me what I'm doing wrong, like not exercising enough, not cutting enough calories, etc.....it really gets under my skin. All I want to hear is, sorry you're having a bad day/week......or look how far you've come, just stay focused......nope, I get all those tips that worked for him when he was in the Army.........ERRRRRR, husbands just don't get it! LOL

Sounds to me like hes trying to HELP.

^^^agreed
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    mine says stop being impatient.... then goes back to his Xbox!

LOL! Damn that Xbox! I feel your pain!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Most husbands married you guys for who you are...not the size you have become or not (some men focus just on weight) I think I would be thankful if I had a guy that doesn't know how to express himself instead of a husband that constantly bashes me for being fat. Maybe you should make a list of the good and bad things. I am sure the good things will always outweigh the bad.

Hope your weigh in next week is good.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I have quickly learned not to bother talking to (some) husbands (not all of them)about weight loss efforts. I just started MFP about 3 weeks ago - and was recently talking to my husband about it. He told me that he hopes I'm not doing this for him, because he doesn't care - he thinks I'm beautiful. I know it was supposed to be nice - but it kind of pissed me off! Um no - not doing this for YOU hon, doing this for me!!! So you just freaking go ahead and enjoy that Big Mac with your freakishly high metabolism, while I choke down this rabbit food!! Some men just don't think before they speak. I'm sure by next week - your weigh in will be wonderful!!!!

OMG how DARE HE!! Im sure hes just insecure and thinks that if you get all skinny you will leave him. Next time you should kick him in the crotch that will teach him to call you beautifull:laugh:
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Give up now guys, with some women it doesn't matter what you do. Apparently just because you are a man you are wrong by default. :grumble:

yes dear.