husbands...

Options

Replies

• ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    But, to all you complainers, what do you LIKE about your husbands?? Do you ever post about THAT??

*frustrated*
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Awww....I'm sorry your husband was all logical and stuff. That really IS irritating when we're pissed off, isn't it?

**Applause** :laugh:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Really you women are just...
    I just...

If it werent for the awesome boobs and getting the better end of sex I'd really hate being a woman because it's associated with complaints like this.
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    Give up now guys, with some women it doesn't matter what you do. Apparently just because you are a man you are wrong by default. :grumble:

yes dear.
    Uh, not you. Reading your profile, I would venture a guess that your wife isn't one of those. :0) She sounds like a great gal!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Oh FFS people, maybe she just wanted to vent. What, you never needed to vent about something? I'm lucky I have people I can vent to and not expect an answer or judgment. I didn't see this as male/husband bashing but as someone who was frustrated and needed to let off some steam. F*cking sucks when a person can't just say what's on their minds w/o getting reamed for it.

/rant
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    But, to all you complainers, what do you LIKE about your husbands?? Do you ever post about THAT??

*frustrated*

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/465921-brag-on-your-spouse-so-0
  • hillarygullett
    Options
    In response to Jovialation:

Isn't the whole point of MFP for support? She wasn't getting what she personally needed, so she came here to vent. You are the only one being offensive. If you don't like the thread then get off it.
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    Really you women are just...
    I just...

If it werent for the awesome boobs and getting the better end of sex I'd really hate being a woman because it's associated with complaints like this.

I'll join you in this. We should form a club or something. lol!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Men im sorry we are not all like this:laugh:
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    This morning was my weigh in day. I didn't lose anything .. which pissed me off. So when I told my husband it. All he said was stop thinking about it so much. And it will happen!
    Boy that's not what I wanted to hear....

What a woman wants is for her husband's, and presumably best friend's, first reaction to be "completely pissed about it" just like she is, and want him to go kick someone's *kitten* because it's not happening the way she wants it to.

Then AFTER that "I totally got your back" reaction he can begin the process of trying to reason with her, encourage her, and bring her back from the edge of the cliff.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid to make others nauseous...

ETA: I was never one of the complainers. I adore my husband.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Yea none of these woukd be bad at all! My boyfriend couldn't care less if i am trying to lose weight or not xD Sometimes tell me to slow down because I am working out so much, but eh he just cares :]

Men don't know what you want to hear. They cannot read minds like we think they can. They could be saying "yeah get your fat *kitten* going, work harder!!!!!" but they dont. (my bf does in a joking manner tho hehe)
  • ishallnotwant
    Options

*frustrated*

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/465921-brag-on-your-spouse-so-0

Oh, that's the thread I started lol! Maybe someone should bump it so the ladies complaining in this thread can go over there and think of something nice to say. :tongue:

My mama always told me if ya ain't got nothin' nice to say, don't say anything at all. :laugh:
  • YukonJoy
    Options
    Oh FFS people, maybe she just wanted to vent. What, you never needed to vent about something? I'm lucky I have people I can vent to and not expect an answer or judgment. I didn't see this as male/husband bashing but as someone who was frustrated and needed to let off some steam. F*cking sucks when a person can't just say what's on their minds w/o getting reamed for it.

/rant

That's what friends are for, not the internet.

If you post something like that on a forum you should expect various types of answers, for or against your idea. If the OP can't handle that (and I don't see her complaining) then she should have sent this in an email to a girlfriend, not posted it on a public website.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Mine always asks "Is this a trick question?" or "I plead the 5th" or "I'm not saying a word" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: - he has been my biggest supporter through my lifestyle change :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I'm actually harder on myself than he will ever be. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I don't mean to generalize, but....most men want to "fix" our problems. So when you say stuff like that, I think sometimes they have no response b/c they can't fix it! Besides, we HAVE to think about it, and it doesn't just happen. Be damn sweet if it did!!

Keep logging, keep pushing, try not to let it discourage you. Take measurements, try on pants that used to be tight and see if they feel better. There are often things that change that the scale won't reflect.

Good luck!

She's right! In his way, he was helping.

http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/13967/1/Problem-Solving--Differences-Between-Men-and-Women.html
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Isn't the whole point of MFP for support? She wasn't getting what she personally needed, so she came here to vent. You are the only one being offensive. If you don't like the thread then get off it.

same could be said to you,if you dont like our opinions on the matter ignore us. im not against supporting anyone but i 100% believe that sometimes women need to have their eyes opened to the ridiculous things they are getting upset over
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    To the women defending the OP - Maybe she should come here for her b*tching instead of to her husband, because obviously he's not going to say the right thing no matter what.
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options

*frustrated*

These aren't "reasons to hate your husband" this are just funny and interesting tidbits about the nature of men in general. There's no anger, or animosity...it's all in fun. Men are men, and woman are women. It's what makes the world go round.
  • YukonJoy
    Options
    This morning was my weigh in day. I didn't lose anything .. which pissed me off. So when I told my husband it. All he said was stop thinking about it so much. And it will happen!
    Boy that's not what I wanted to hear....

What a woman wants is for her husband's, and presumably best friend's, first reaction to be "completely pissed about it" just like she is, and want him to go kick someone's *kitten* because it's not happening the way she wants it to.

Then AFTER that "I totally got your back" reaction he can begin the process of trying to reason with her, encourage her, and bring her back from the edge of the cliff.

Uhm... No. I do not want a rageaholic, over reacting douche bag.

But thanks. :flowerforyou: