husbands...

Options

Replies

• wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My hubs is very interested in my loss and health. He listens very well and responds well.

my issue is he likes my cooking and he likes me to eat what he eats. so he uses his charm to get me to cook for him and insists I cheat with him. Him cheating on eating heathy is no biggy, he has high metabolism. I'm 30 (hes 23) so mine is slowing down. Me cheating is going to add up to weight.

but aside from that, he does very well. :)
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    This is my one issue with women, they want to be able to read their minds and say the right thing, sorry Iadies i left my prof x wheelchair in the garage
  • pirateDeb
    pirateDeb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Seriously you women need to stop this crap.

Im just gonna start reporting husband bashing as offensive.

I kind of agree. Women drive me NUTS! What do you want to hear? Tell your husbands what you expect from them before getting angry with em! Dont bash them for having an honest response!

Honesty is something I value more than modesty, tact, feelings, or pretty much anything. And I never EVER punish him or get mad at him without first a) making my expectations clear and concise before hand and b)fully explaining why I am irritated. At my worst, whenever I asked him if he thought I was fat, he said I was fat. At 250 lbs, I sure as hell was fat, and I expected no less than honesty. I didnt like it, it didnt feel nice, but it was the truth. The truth hurts. Whenever I hit a plateau or start going backwards and I vent, I dont get irritated by his response, he means the best. I probably plateau or revert because I DID binge a bit much, or WAS hormonal from aunt flo, or DIDNT push myself hard enough at the gym lately. Its not his fault for helping me troubleshoot where I went wrong so I could improve and continue with progress.

Sure, the moron has his shortcomings, but so do I. :)

But totally agree on the woman thing. Wanting to avoid massive amounts of hormonal crazy is why I stick with men. I can barely tolerate myself sometimes, why would I want another one of that around, lol XD
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Wow! maybe all of you "haters" calling her a "husband hater" should re read what she wrote. She never said one thing about hating her husband. You all have ripped apart this lady for no reason. Again she was just looking for support.

She already got really great support from the husband she came here to complain about.

BAZINGA!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Ugh, wives...

They expect their husbands to read their minds instead of just TELLING them what they need, and then they insist on taking everything the wrong way when their husbands are actually trying to be supportive and loving.

COMMUNICATE. Tell him what you need along this journey. And don't read into what he's saying. How about you just assume he's coming from a place of love, and give him the benefit of the doubt instead of complaining about him to total strangers on an internet forum?
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I would have said, "Yes Dear." But I've been married for 24 years. :wink:

*edit* No, 25 years! :happy:

OOPs, 24.5 years....I was close!! (or is it clothes?) :noway:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    That is how I took it as well,
    I saw nothing in OPs post that was bashing her husband AT ALL. She said it wasn't what SHE wanted to hear, not that he said the wrong thing.

Try being a man for five minutes Suze and you'll see that there is no difference between #1 and #2.

dammit, stop being logical, cuz that actually made me laugh. :happy:
  • YukonJoy
    Options

I snorted water up my nose.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Wow! maybe all of you "haters" calling her a "husband hater" should re read what she wrote. She never said one thing about hating her husband. You all have ripped apart this lady for no reason. Again she was just looking for support.

Actually the tone was very negative in nature toward her husband. She may not have said I hate my husband but the lack of respect she has demonstrated here implies it. Thats how I would feel as a husband.

Especially when his answer was supportive. He could have said, "Well if you hadn't eaten that box of fancy cakes then your *kitten* wouldn't look like a Pop up camper."

edited to fix spelling
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

:laugh: :)
  • YukonJoy
    Options
    This is my one issue with women, they want to be able to read their minds and say the right thing, sorry Iadies i left my prof x wheelchair in the garage

ONE issue? :huh:
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options

LMAO! :laugh:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

Very wise
  • pirateDeb
    pirateDeb Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I snorted water up my nose.

Hey, I'm honest :D
  • jessicart77
    Options
    Dont lose the faith! You have come a long way so far. Next weigh in will be a better weigh in and if not you can make some different adjustments.

My husband says he doesn't see any fat. LOL...It's frusterating to me too but I don't think that some of them really know what to say. My husband dropped like 15 lbs by just stopping his soda habit...kind of. LOL

Hang in there! And ignore some of the women that have posted on your entry. It's really too bad because we're supposed to be here supporting each other and not trying to make a person feel worse.

Good luck!!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Frustrating!

I vent to my husband to just get it off my chest, but then he tries to tell me what I'm doing wrong, like not exercising enough, not cutting enough calories, etc.....it really gets under my skin. All I want to hear is, sorry you're having a bad day/week......or look how far you've come, just stay focused......nope, I get all those tips that worked for him when he was in the Army.........ERRRRRR, husbands just don't get it! LOL
    oops wrong post lol
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I have quickly learned not to bother talking to (some) husbands (not all of them)about weight loss efforts. I just started MFP about 3 weeks ago - and was recently talking to my husband about it. He told me that he hopes I'm not doing this for him, because he doesn't care - he thinks I'm beautiful. I know it was supposed to be nice - but it kind of pissed me off! Um no - not doing this for YOU hon, doing this for me!!! So you just freaking go ahead and enjoy that Big Mac with your freakishly high metabolism, while I choke down this rabbit food!! Some men just don't think before they speak. I'm sure by next week - your weigh in will be wonderful!!!!
    SRSLY?!

He was being nice. He was saying you're beautiful and to do this for yourself and not him.

Agreed - your husband was definitely showing support and hoping that you truly are doing this for yourself, not for him.... the fact he actually shared how he felt, that in itself is a rarety!

It shouldnt have made you so mad - it should have made you feel special no matter what.
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Mine usually just asks when was the last time I took a dump. I :heart: him muchly.

thats a good one, i will use this on my wife. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I get around all these issues by talking so damn much that my husband never has to wonder what I'm thinking or what the right thing to say might be.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

OOPs, 24.5 years....I was close!! (or is it clothes?) :noway:

Oh no. Now you're in trouble 'cause you didn't remember exactly how many years/months/days(hours?seconds?) you've been married. :tongue: