husbands...

Options

Replies

• Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm married to a man that when I ask his opinion he is truthful. I respect him much more for telling me what he thinks than trying to appease me to no end. Don't take your frustrations out on your husband, it's not worth it! If you don't like what he does (or doesn't) say then don't ask and then no one gets hurt or pissed in the end.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    So, I guess all of you were in the room with her when her "knight in shining armor" said the most supportive thing holding roses and looking at her longingly?!? Give me a freaking break! None of you were there. You don't know what HIS tone was, how he looked at her, how his body language was towards her. You assume she interpreted her own husband who SHE lives with wrong. You ASSUME he was being supportive. Obviously she didn't feel that way and came here, where she should come, to get support.

Respectfully, just as you are accusing others of making assumptions - you are doing the same thing. BTW, coming on a forum to get support is different than airing one's personal grievances. This is not dial-a-therapist... :ohwell:
  • melrose09
    melrose09 Posts: 271
    Options
    Mine usually just asks when was the last time I took a dump. I :heart: him muchly.

HAHAHAHA!! love this!

HEHEHE....Your husband sounds like a hoot!
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    This morning was my weigh in day. I didn't lose anything .. which pissed me off. So when I told my husband it. All he said was stop thinking about it so much. And it will happen!
    Boy that's not what I wanted to hear....

I thought that was a pretty good answer. I don't know how frequently you talk about your weight with him, but if it is often, then it can be hard to think of something new to say. Did he have a tone or something? I guess he could have said something to validate your feelings a little bit, or he could have added that he thinks you look great, or acknowledge all of your hard work. Maybe that would have made you feel more supported, but if you really do try to relax and not think about it so much it WILL happen, as long as you keep doing the work. I know it's hard, though. I have been busting my booty all week & I didn't see much of a difference on the scale this morning either. Just keep at it and try to stay positive, at least that's my plan. :smile:
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    So, I guess all of you were in the room with her when her "knight in shining armor" said the most supportive thing holding roses and looking at her longingly?!? Give me a freaking break! None of you were there. You don't know what HIS tone was, how he looked at her, how his body language was towards her. You assume she interpreted her own husband who SHE lives with wrong. You ASSUME he was being supportive. Obviously she didn't feel that way and came here, where she should come, to get support.

You are right...... shall we go lynch him now :laugh:

Hold on, lemme get my pitchfork! :laugh:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

You are right...... shall we go lynch him now :laugh:

Hold on, lemme get my pitchfork! :laugh:

Woohoo! Party time
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    He's not a monster! I just took him the wrong way. I was already upset about not lossing and his comments didn't help. He is the best guy ever.
    Im not bashing him.or men. He keeps telling me just remember how far I have come...
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    There are so many funny responses here. I can't stop laughing. I think my favorite would be the one with Dr. House on it.
    Seriously, woman, how would you feel if your husband went around complaining about your part of a conversation on the internet?
    Most guys are in a lose/lose situation when it comes to their wives and weight, give him a break.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    sometimes men are too careful. 35 years ago, i divorced a man that for 7 years when asked "where do you want to go for dinner?" or "which movie do you want to go see?" or "what do you want for dinner?" and any other "choice" question the answer was "whatever you want". GRRRRRRRRR!! it made me insane

all i wanted was NOT to make ALL the decisions ALL of the time. just tell me what you want for dinner.. just once

You divorced someone for being considerate? That deserves singledom

yes it does and have been happily single for 35 years... marriage isn't for everyone and don't assume because someone is single life must be terrible for them. some people just need a free rein :smile:

smh
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    He's not a monster! I just took him the wrong way. I was already upset about not lossing and his comments didn't help. He is the best guy ever.
    Im not bashing him.or men. He keeps telling me just remember how far I have come...

I hope when you get home this evening you and the hubs can put it all behind you and have a real nice time together!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I do have to give you credit...you are taking some harsh criticism very well!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Options

Pretty much begs the question, so what was the point of your original post???? :huh:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Unfortunately you didnt include this in your original post and therefore, your original post pegged you for someone highly insensitive and incapable of seeing that your husband was in fact very supportive....
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    We already had lunch together and everything is fine. I told him that I took what he said the wrong way.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options

I hope when you get home this evening you and the hubs can put it all behind you and have a real nice time together!
    this
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Seriously, woman, how would you feel if your husband went around complaining about your part of a conversation on the internet?
    Most guys are in a lose/lose situation when it comes to their wives and weight, give him a break.

Completely agree.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Options
    Keep back pedalling, the scales may reflect it next week :laugh:
  • pirateDeb
    pirateDeb Posts: 26 Member
    Options

wish there was a like button
  • Faye_Anderson
    Options

Awww thanks, and most people just think I'm EVIL :tongue:
  • pirateDeb
    pirateDeb Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Awww thanks, and most people just think I'm EVIL :tongue:

BAH! Callous remarks and heavy sarcasm make not an evil person, Just a tough skinned person that is difficult to one up :)