husbands...

Options

Replies

• Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    He wants me to reach my goal. He told me don't give up. U can do it.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    sometimes men are too careful. 35 years ago, i divorced a man that for 7 years when asked "where do you want to go for dinner?" or "which movie do you want to go see?" or "what do you want for dinner?" and any other "choice" question the answer was "whatever you want". GRRRRRRRRR!! it made me insane

all i wanted was NOT to make ALL the decisions ALL of the time. just tell me what you want for dinner.. just once
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    So, I guess all of you were in the room with her when her "knight in shining armor" said the most supportive thing holding roses and looking at her longingly?!? Give me a freaking break! None of you were there. You don't know what HIS tone was, how he looked at her, how his body language was towards her. You assume she interpreted her own husband who SHE lives with wrong. You ASSUME he was being supportive. Obviously she didn't feel that way and came here, where she should come, to get support.

You are right...... shall we go lynch him now :laugh:
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

Lol..you neglected to add this into your original post..makes you look even crazier IMO!

Sounds like he's being SUPER supportive and you should be thankful, not bashing him on the internet!!!
  • smiles4deb
    Options
    My husband just got done reading a book called For Men Only, in it, it says men like to "fix". So now, if I say something like the OP said, he will ask me, are you venting or are you wanting me to fix? Works for both of us.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Options
    sometimes men are too careful. 35 years ago, i divorced a man that for 7 years when asked "where do you want to go for dinner?" or "which movie do you want to go see?" or "what do you want for dinner?" and any other "choice" question the answer was "whatever you want". GRRRRRRRRR!! it made me insane

all i wanted was NOT to make ALL the decisions ALL of the time. just tell me what you want for dinner.. just once

You divorced someone for being considerate? That deserves singledom
  • Healthyby30
    Options

In her defense, she didn't say that was the reason for the divorce. Just that he did that for 7 yrs...lol

Kind of silly, though xD
  • Faye_Anderson
    Options

In her defense, she didn't say that was the reason for the divorce. Just that he did that for 7 yrs...lol

Kind of silly, though xD

Oh yeah, how stupid do I feel now :sad: :laugh:
  • bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    ok so one of you wants MORE input while the other wants NONE?

ugh, women.

love it lol
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    So, I guess all of you were in the room with her when her "knight in shining armor" said the most supportive thing holding roses and looking at her longingly?!? Give me a freaking break! None of you were there. You don't know what HIS tone was, how he looked at her, how his body language was towards her. You assume she interpreted her own husband who SHE lives with wrong. You ASSUME he was being supportive. Obviously she didn't feel that way and came here, where she should come, to get support.

You were right. He's a monster.
  • Healthyby30
    Options

This just made me spit water all over my keyboard! lol
  • pirateDeb
    pirateDeb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
  • Faye_Anderson
    Options
    I used to be in a relationship where I was lucky if my head didn't get bounced off a wall every weekend after he had been to the pub, and he called me a fat b*tch on a regular basis, does that mean he was supporting me in my weight loss goals, damn, maybe I should have been more grateful and not run off to the police, how stupid do I feel now, sounds like he was a KEEPER. Get a grip people :noway:
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    This morning was my weigh in day. I didn't lose anything .. which pissed me off. So when I told my husband it. All he said was stop thinking about it so much. And it will happen!
    Boy that's not what I wanted to hear....

I would of been a little pissed myself. Mine always says I know you are working towards it but I don't see it myself or I will ask him again in a few weeks and he will say I see it in your jeans... which is nice but in truth I don't think he really dose see it.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Wow~ who'd of guessed that thread would evoke so much emotion... from both sides?!? Well, regardless of how it's taken, I am sorry you had a week without weight loss. I know that can be discouraging. Hang in there and hope you have a great weigh in next week. :happy:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options

yes it does and have been happily single for 35 years... marriage isn't for everyone and don't assume because someone is single life must be terrible for them. some people just need a free rein :smile:
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Mine usually just asks when was the last time I took a dump. I :heart: him muchly.

HAHAHAHA!! love this!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    This morning was my weigh in day. I didn't lose anything .. which pissed me off. So when I told my husband it. All he said was stop thinking about it so much. And it will happen!
    Boy that's not what I wanted to hear....

He only said this because in the sheer terror of realizing he was being drawn into a conversation involving women and weight in which THERE IS NO RIGHT THING TO SAY, he panicked and spewed the first thing that came to mind. Be happy his heart didn't seize right then and make you a widow.

This made me laugh out loud!: :happy:

I laughed so hard I started crying. This is great. And it is true. Why is it that some women are NEVER happy no matter what.
    Your husband could have told you to get off your fat lazy butt and work harder at it and maybe you would see some results.....I mean seriously, he was encouraging you. Give the guy an A and move on. It isn't his fault your scales didn't move.
  • DGaryThird
    Options

Hilarious.
  • healthylife83
    Options
    Next time you tell him about your loss or no loss give him your pre-written note of what it is you'd like him to say.