Worst negative comment about your weight?

Options

Replies

• aymarie33
    aymarie33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I work at starbucks and one of my customers continuously says rude things. Like it looks like i drank too many frapps and that it looked like i was packing on the holiday pounds pretty well. When I finally got sick of it I went to my manager and his only response was, who cares what he thinks, chunky girls are cute.
  • CruzZ8
    CruzZ8 Posts: 71
    Options
    I am routinely asked if I am pregnant or having a baby, and my mom is constantly telling me that I "need to do something about my weight". My high school frenemy is always rubbing it in my face how she is skinny and I am obviously obese. Also, any time that I see my extended family, they feel the need to comment on how much weight I've gained.
  • CruzZ8
    Options
    Oh, and also, my mom always complains that I don't suck my stomach in enough because apparently I need to suck my stomach in 24/7.
  • im_blessed
    im_blessed Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im orginally from Nigeria & i've been in the US for ten years and haven't seen my extended family since then. I get messages on facebook from them saying how small i used to be back then and how i look like big mama now. I just laugh it off but those comments hurt like heck & my self esteem wasn't that great before either but now that i've lost 41 lbs im slowly but surely getting my confidence back.
  • CatTutt
    CatTutt Posts: 11
    Options
    I've had a multitude of them, but I think the one that got under my skin the most was this snarky old woman who lived next door to my grandmother. My grandmother convinced me to feel sorry for the old bat and take her some homemade cookies, and when we walked in, she looked at my grandmother and said "BOY! She sure is fat, ain't she??" OMGGGGGGGGGGGG
  • CruzZ8
    Options
    Also, one time my mom said "I saw this girl and she really reminded me of you....when you were skinny" -_-

Oh, and she always suggested this "diet" that all the heavier girls in my family died in which they were injected with a natural "weightloss stimulant" and all they had to do was not eat dairy or cheese or milk! -_- And one of the other things I couldn't eat was sugar.
  • CruzZ8
    Options
    Also, she always shakes her head in disapproval if I buy a bigger size, and when I happen to have anything in a size Small, she asks whose that is because I guess it couldn't possibly be mine! I'm short, I fit in a small -_- That's also why I look so big!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Do I have one!!!

I went to a doctor for a physical. First time I had every been to him. He weighed me, measured my height, pulled up some calculations on the computer and told me I was borderline Obese. I was 5'10" 170 lbs and had been training for a marathon for several weeks. I had actually gained a few lbs in that period of training but I have a TON of muscle!!!! I also looked DAMN good in a bathing suit. He asked me how much I work out, I told him I run about 20-30 miles a week and do some minor cross training. He goes " Well some of your weight can be contributed to muscle.....you know new studies show you should do 90 minuts of cardio a day.....I bought a bicycle that I ride 2 hours every day....." I kid you not...and on top of that, this 60ish year old doctor, had a freakin huge belly....I kid you not, he probably needed to loose atleast 50 lbs if not more.

I went out and bought diet pills that day. Not because I needed them but because he made me angry....That was a couple years ago. Idiot Doctor. I'll never forget what an "ars" he was.
  • buckystars
    buckystars Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I think we all need hugs. {{{huggles}}} We will make all those wretched people eat their words!

I agree! These comments are breaking my heart. Why are people so mean? Hugs for all!
  • mamacita99
    mamacita99 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've heard the "when are you due"...."you have such a pretty face, if you only lost weight you'd be hot".
    My boyfriend of 11 years broke up with me because he said, and I quote "You've gotten bigger and bigger and I'm embarrassed to be seen with you"....I haven't had a boyfriend since and that's been about 18 years. Now, when men seem to be interested I think "they can't be, I'm so fat"....I am my own worst enemy, and until I lose the weight I really don't see myself with anyone who can love me because I feel unlovable.
  • psuedoitch
    Options
    I've gotten it all my life. My mom's self-loathing (she's 400 or so pounds) drove her to actually slap me in the stomach and tell me to suck in (from age 5 on) She would say that I was going to look just like her etc etc.
    She also would shake me and grab me and say that it never leaves. (glad I learned otherwise!)

Oh, and of course the "You'd be a pretty girl if you lost weight"

I've learned that just because she's lay and self-loathing doesn't mean I have to be, or that I will be fat forever :)
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    oh my god ! what happened to you, you use to be so hot !?

you look like a mountain climber- your legs are huge
  • CruzZ8
    Options
    One time a friend from middle school invited me to her party. I was happy to see very old friends, and later, on the phone, she told me her boyfriend had said "she's pretty, but she has too much of a tummy". It made me feel so bad because I didn't realize I was going here to be judged. I thought I was just going to the party to be reunited "with friends".

Also, her aunt, at the same party, told me "Woah, you got so fat! You are so fat". And worthy of note is that I weighed 130 pounds then...not even what I weigh now.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    The worst thing anyone said to me was "When's the happy event?" 2 1/2 years after I had last given birth.

But the one that hurt the most was my husband telling me I was "a bit fat".
  • diegogirl
    Options
    When my hub and I were goin through a really BAD patch we went to a party and he said why I can't be sexy like all those girls at the party :0(. Then he said another time why can't I be a sexy SIZE ZERO like all other real woman are out there in the world and says my boobs are way too big and should only be small as apricots or less than a handful and said to have them removed by a surgeon >:0( I didn't realise you not a real woman ynless your a size zero
    Don't mean to sound rude but please ignore your husband. Sexy like all those other girls!? He fell in love with you for you, not the way you look. My ex boyfriend said he loved me at any weight, I have been my lowest weight with him but also my heighest(I'm recovering from anorexia), and whilst I didn't believe him because I felt depressed about recovery, he always tried to prove it as best he could. He said he fell in love with me because I was me, my kind heart, the fact I knew how to make laugh, he said the other night he believes we're soul mates and he still loves me, I believe he's the one. My point is everyone is beautiful, your husband should be with you for more than your looks. My ex boyfriend has alot of issues to deal with himself, he has treacher collins syndrome, his face is disfigured and I was a really shallow person before I met him, but everything changed. I don't care about how he looks on the outside, I love him for it. I can barely fit into a zero now, I cry everyday because I'm tired, recovery is hard too hard most of the time, so if your husband is saying things like that then he honestly has no idea. Why would he want you to be grossly skinny if you'd be miserable the whole time. I want to get to at least a ten, I want a body that is able to fully function. The fact that your husband said that is just beyond me, it makes me angry and upset. He should love you regardless. Sorry if I have upset you.

No I'm not upset with you why ??? My husband when we met I was a 14/16 size a anyway that wat makes it so confusing that he changed his tune like that. We still have our problems like anyone else does our relationship has got better. I think he relizes I'm not afraid to leave his *kitten* !!! And stop being a shallow *kitten* he goin bald too for Fs sake lol anyway I'm in a size 10 up to 16 depending on the make/style of clothing which is good I got pregnant with our son and got up to 110 kilo now 87 kilo so I think I done ok.... He still goes on about me having my boobs removed so my chest is basically flat ??? Seems a bit sick n twisted to me considering most guys like a bit a boob right ??? LoL :0) It hurts when he says that s*** more so that it is just surreal and Fs up my mind even more so than it already is ):0/
  • mwood37
    mwood37 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There are a few...one recently my cousins daughter looking at my upper arms (where I have always stored fat)..what is wrong, why are your arms so big?

From a guy who was very flirty and initiated all contact.."I really like you, all I want to do right now is kiss you but you are too fat",. I then went on a diet and lost 80 lbs (only to regain with pregnancy)..met my husband so I guess in a way it was one of the best negative comments to me.
  • ruthnor
    ruthnor Posts: 35
    Options
    I guess I don't have a lot of seriously negative comments, just random small things that stick with me.

When I was ... I don't know, ten maybe? I was being heckled by other kids on my school bus and one of them kept asking me questions like if I jiggled when I walked. Seriously??? I know kids are dumb and everything, but it hurt my sensitive ten year old feelings.

More recently, I was on a lunch "date" with some guy and I mentioned that I have really good alcohol tolerance. He started saying something like "well, heavier people ... " and then I cut him off with "No, I'm Irish. :|" Jerk. There was not a repeat lunch date, LOL.
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My father sold his house 5 years ago and gave all of my siblings $1,000.00 cash.... all of my siblings but not me, stating "Lose 100 pounds and ill give you your share, that should motivate you." I was 17 and 180 lbs at the time...

My mom once told me while I was putting on my makeup for the day that I "could apply all the makeup in the world but it won't help if i'm fat."

I'm so sorry that the people who are supposed to love and support you the most are meanies. (((hugs))) I have two daughters and I can't imagine ever saying anything like that to them.
  • gabadabadoo
    Options
    Oh please - where to begin! Probably my all time favourites are:

Greeting Aunt at door on Christmas: "Well you're just getting bigger and bigger - soon I won't be able to get my arms around you! So..." (pause for effect - joke is on the way) "Have you got a boyfriend yet?!" (then dissolves into peals of laughter at the very idea of this Fat Thing having a boyfriend - is laughing so hard she is crying and has to hold onto me for support.

Or other random insults from strangers as I walk past "Good things come in small packages." Wish I'd stopped to challenge half of these, but usually I just keep on walking, Thinking the excellent comebacks in my head!
  • bp1984
    bp1984 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    "hey ***** Tits" sad sad day. :(