Are blokes only after one thing?????

Options

Replies

• auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Could it be though that the girls at your bands are just dressed like that because it's the fashion?

Could be. But after playing out in bands for 18 years I will tell you that predominantly they are called groupies for a reason...

OMG - you are kidding me? I thought it was groupies because they followed the group! I am never using that term again - I have always told people how I used to be a Pseudo Echo groupie when I was younger - no wonder I get strange looks!!!!!!!!!!! I just used to go to their every gig - cos they were awesome. :blushing:

Oh... they do follow the group ;) WOmen, young women especially, are hugely attracted to stage musicians because of the power that stage musicians hold over the crowd. One reason why many young guys become musicians is to get girls, and the more popular the band, the more women one can be with.

Unless you're the bass player.

Then you're just screwed.
  • Jamie2007
    Options
    Simply put...YES
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    yes
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Girlfriend, a bloke is a bloke and he wants to poke. Nuff said. :smokin:
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Hehehehehe, point A: no way would I go to anything like that - far too prudish for that - I saw one of their houses once LMAO!!!
    point B: I am not raging about it - I just find it strange!! Always have. Find dress codes in pubs etc insane (who says someones going to fight because they are wearing thongs (footwear here), that kind of thing)
    point C: As I said IME - and this is after 9 years - I would say 100% of blokes I have had interaction with and that can be the strangest of circumstances -ie bumping into a 'kid' (he used to be a kid and isn't now) that I lived next door to when I was married suddenly texting me pictures and lewd stuff (He had asked for my number and I thought it was to give to his mum for us to catch up!!!!) So generalising is pretty easy to do at this point in time.
    [/quote]

Im learning a lot about Australian men on here!!!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    She said bloke...heh heh heh. I want to be a bloke, can I move to England.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I think you have a disconnect on what those terms mean. Submissive males are not all "nerdy guys". Muscular men are not all "aggressive alpha males". Go to a fetish club sometime. You'll find scores of muscular submissive guys on leashes to a dominatrix.

Submissive male can be any type of personality. It could be an executive. It could be an athlete. It could be a blue collar assembly line worker. It could be a teacher. Submissive is submissive.

What someone wears shouldn't lead to assumptions... but it does. Knowing that that is a sociological rule, you have to play by it. You can rage against it all you want, and often people do, but it won't change the rule being what it is.

I rage against the fact that to be a worthwhile dating partner, I have to have short hair, or be bald and have tattoos, and have a body fat percentage less than 18. But raging won't change the rule so here I am busting it in the gym.

YOu're also digressing back to the "men only want one thing" argument, which is a generalization, which is full of logical fallacy. I can respond back to you with "women only want men for their money and to make their girlfriends jealous of their social status" and sound equally a tool.

Really good post. Nail on head. I'm 260lb, skinhead, unshaven white male whose quite well built. The amount of people who think i'm a thug on a night out is shocking and apologise if they lightly back into me like i'm about to hit them is untrue. The amount of people who think i'll sleep with anything or anyone and have high numbers on my bed post is daft. There are piles of women who've thrown themselves at me even tho I say i'm taken because they assume I'm up to no good because thats what men look like me do.

But..... i'm the softest sod (and fairly softly spoken) on the planet. I like nothing more than going out with my daughter and taking her playing on the park, playing on the Wii with her etc. I've been with less than one hands worth of women thro choice.

Generalising is just daft. Everyone is different.
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Generalization is easy for any of us to do. We all only have our own experiences to go off of. Just realize that our experiences cover a tiny fraction of the world's population.

If I used my own experiences I would definitely say all women are self-centered sluts who only care about themselves and having eye candy to call their boyfriend/husband so that their girlfriends are jealous of them.

I say that based on being a fat man in western society, where I had a marriage fail because of my weight, and I have had enormously difficult times dating because of my weight.

I also realize that not every woman is like the ones I have had the misfortune of interacting with, so I keep an open mind. That's all I'm asking you to do as well =)

By the by I've been divorced 9 years this year and have largely been single the entire time as well so I can understand the frustration of 9 years in the dating pool and being around other people who seem to only be after certain things.

Well, I am not one of those women you speak of - so it's even more maddening I guess when the stereotype isn't you and you cop the other end of it.
    I haven't really been in the dating pool - like I said - I need to move first :happy:
    Just had a classic example just then of disrespect - guy asks for me to go on skype I said no and he tried to call anyways? What's that about? It seems they don't listen for one.

LOL about the bass players. I thought drummers copped the raw end of the prawn?

Although the guys in Pusedo Echo were hot in the day, I certainly didn't go to meet them - only listen to the band. Never did meet them. Still go to bands now as I enjoy the music. I did find a picture of the lead singer nowadays (25 odd years later) and I did have to have a chuckle at how 25 years had been less than kind to him - I am sure he is a nice dude tho. :bigsmile:
  • Nicola0000
    Options
    She said bloke...heh heh heh. I want to be a bloke, can I move to England.

Does Bloke mean something totally different across the pond?? Am I saying a swear word each time I say it?? :bigsmile:
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Does Bloke mean something totally different across the pond?? Am I saying a swear word each time I say it?? :bigsmile:
    Nope. It's not a word be use at all. I like it.
  • grobbygru
    Options

Hehehehehe, point A: no way would I go to anything like that - far too prudish for that - I saw one of their houses once LMAO!!!
    point B: I am not raging about it - I just find it strange!! Always have. Find dress codes in pubs etc insane (who says someones going to fight because they are wearing thongs (footwear here), that kind of thing)
    point C: As I said IME - and this is after 9 years - I would say 100% of blokes I have had interaction with and that can be the strangest of circumstances -ie bumping into a 'kid' (he used to be a kid and isn't now) that I lived next door to when I was married suddenly texting me pictures and lewd stuff (He had asked for my number and I thought it was to give to his mum for us to catch up!!!!) So generalising is pretty easy to do at this point in time.
    [/quote]

Im learning a lot about Australian men on here!!!
    [/quote]

Like I said - I'm in the wrong area lol - but yes.........they are certainly something!!! But I have been to the US too and found exactly the same thing.
  • auticus
    Options
    Drummers are one up on the band pecking order with women ;)

It goes vocalist, lead guitarist, other guitarists, drummer, bassist.
  • auticus
    Options
    Like I said - I'm in the wrong area lol - but yes.........they are certainly something!!! But I have been to the US too and found exactly the same thing.

It's western society period.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I think you have a disconnect on what those terms mean. Submissive males are not all "nerdy guys". Muscular men are not all "aggressive alpha males". Go to a fetish club sometime. You'll find scores of muscular submissive guys on leashes to a dominatrix.

Submissive male can be any type of personality. It could be an executive. It could be an athlete. It could be a blue collar assembly line worker. It could be a teacher. Submissive is submissive.

What someone wears shouldn't lead to assumptions... but it does. Knowing that that is a sociological rule, you have to play by it. You can rage against it all you want, and often people do, but it won't change the rule being what it is.

I rage against the fact that to be a worthwhile dating partner, I have to have short hair, or be bald and have tattoos, and have a body fat percentage less than 18. But raging won't change the rule so here I am busting it in the gym.

YOu're also digressing back to the "men only want one thing" argument, which is a generalization, which is full of logical fallacy. I can respond back to you with "women only want men for their money and to make their girlfriends jealous of their social status" and sound equally a tool.

Really good post. Nail on head. I'm 260lb, skinhead, unshaven white male whose quite well built. The amount of people who think i'm a thug on a night out is shocking and apologise if they lightly back into me like i'm about to hit them is untrue. The amount of people who think i'll sleep with anything or anyone and have high numbers on my bed post is daft. There are piles of women who've thrown themselves at me even tho I say i'm taken because they assume I'm up to no good because thats what men look like me do.

But..... i'm the softest sod (and fairly softly spoken) on the planet. I like nothing more than going out with my daughter and taking her playing on the park, playing on the Wii with her etc. I've been with less than one hands worth of women thro choice.

Generalising is just daft. Everyone is different.

Amen brother...
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through all the posts but if you want to find the right kind of man there is only one place to look. Church. I mean real church, not go through the motions church! For what it's worth.
    Thats absolute BS!
  • grobbygru
    Options
    Drummers are one up on the band pecking order with women ;)

It goes vocalist, lead guitarist, other guitarists, drummer, bassist.

And with that - I am coming to Canada in a few months to go on the road with a heavy metal band from there, when they release their new album - I will be careful using the groupie word from now on tho :noway:
  • Nicola0000
    Options

And with that - I am coming to Canada in a few months to go on the road with a heavy metal band from there, when they release their new album - I will be careful using the groupie word from now on tho :noway:

Maybe Canadian men are different?!?!?!?!?
  • macmess
    macmess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    that sounds awesome
  • grobbygru
    Options

Maybe Canadian men are different?!?!?!?!?

My Canadian friend that married an Aussie reckons they are!!! :laugh:
  • grobbygru
    Options
    that sounds awesome

If you like heavy metal I spose :smile: and coldness :grumble: and babysitting your cousin cos he has to go and can't go alone cos he's never been on a plane before LOL :bigsmile: