Are blokes only after one thing?????

Options
Nicola0000
Nicola0000 Posts: 535 Member
So after chatting to the single girls in the office today, it appears that all the single blokes out there are only after one thing!! After being with my ex-husband for 10 years, I am now terrified I'm going to have to wade through all this crap to find a decent bloke! Now, is this a London thing or are blokes like this everywhere?? Any tips for getting through this as painless as possible, without feeling like a loser when you realise you and him are after very different things?!?!

Replies

• paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    depends what youre after.

i went through about a 2 year stage of breaking hearts because I was only after one thing.

when i met my husband i made it very clear what i was after, and made him romance me.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Yes. NEXT!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    most yeah. but here's the crazy thing: that doesn't mean you have to let them have it. tell them on the first date that you're not looking for it until you feel something romantically. and tell them that if they are not ok with that, you hope they have a nice life.

it's not like the dating world is a swarm of letches, gropers and rapists. but, biologically, men are driven to have sex with as many partners as possible.

but you hold the keys.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    true..but I have the power of my ..........................LOL
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Just don't put out immediately, unless you realize he isn't the one and you just want to play. But... you really do hold the keys, like the poster said. Just don't put out, feel him out... I mean, it's not too hard to spot a genuine guy, imo. I can see through them nearly immediately. You'll know if he's nothing but sleaze... hopefully. Good luck!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    It's actually 2 things.

We want to do it twice.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    It's actually 2 things.

We want to do it twice.

I like your way of thinking LOL !!! Everything is better the second time
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I like food, drink and money too. Oh, and sleep.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    It's actually 2 things.

We want to do it twice.
    When I read your first line, I thought you meant butts*x
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Some are, some aren't.

The best way to deal with it? Don't give it up so easily. If they're only after one thing, I doubt they'll stick around that long :) and then you should be better able to notice the genuine ones.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I read the title of this thread in a high-pitched British accent. I was quite amused.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    It could be three things, depending on how kinky the girl is.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I read the title of this thread in a high-pitched British accent. I was quite amused.

lol...i did too.

to answer the question...yes...dont really need to say much else about that!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Is a guys sex drive usually strong?
    Yes.

Does that mean a single guy has no interest in developing a relationship which includes friendship,companionship,caring?
    No.

Would be the same as a man saying all single women just want a guy to take care of their financial wants.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Yes........ a girl to make them sandwiches....... nekkid except for an apron, thongs and heels.

Oh........ and sex...... they all want that too.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

I bet it was rubbish... bet it sounded Australian
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yes, but we can't help it - it's in our nature
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I would love to have Kelly Brook call me her "bloke".
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Yes........ a girl to make them sandwiches....... nekkid except for an apron, thongs and heels.

That about sums it up.
  • ionlyhavesporx
    Options

This