Are blokes only after one thing?????

Options

Replies

• nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Would be the same as a man saying all single women just want a guy to take care of their financial wants.
    [/quote]

so this is a no no?
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, it is not only your London men that are that way. It is the ones here in the U.S. too.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Let's say it's true. Men are only after one thing.

I don't think that's the problem. The root cause is that nobody really wants to talk about what they want--in part because talking about it might result in not getting it.

If men do want only one thing, and they're honest about it....well....

If men do want only one thing, and they're willing to hide that fact or be dishonest about it, then ya, that's annoying.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Anyone else from the states digging the name 'bloke'. I'm going to have to add that one to my vocabulary. :bigsmile:

I'm from Canada and totally diggin it!!! LOL is it like the English equivalent of Dude?? :bigsmile:

Yea, or guy.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    but you hold the keys.

tumblr_lm8qw6HvbG1qflan8o1_500.gif

Where can I purchase one of these delightful contraptions for my 17 yr old daughter?
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    OP let me ask you something...

Are women after only one thing? (the bank account and social status men can give them)

Probably not. Gross generalizations are just that. Gross generalizations.

You are a smart man.

Agreed.

And age has a lot to do with how they are going to balance what their d*** wants with what THEY want. LOL. Also, personalities are all different... just cause some guys want a lot of sex doesn't mean they're all gonna go get it. And conversely, not all outgoing men are all about the sex. They're all wrapped differently, just like women.
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yes, but we can't help it - it's in our nature

Exactly. Don't sleep with a guy for at least 10 dates...if he sticks around without getting "paid', you know he must actually enjoy your company.

gettin paid? so this thread is about prostitiutes? I'm soooo lost now!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    ...and in all seriousness, a guy can totally be looking for something long term and, believe or not, STILL want to nail you on the first date.
    My husband is a prime example of that...
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily, but we may want it sooner than you do. It's just how we're made unfortunately :P
    I don't get that. Why is it unfortunately?

Frankly I am proud of being a guy...having a healthy sex drive...and everything else being a guy entails.

I don't think it's a problem myself, hence the smiley, but women just don't understand - bless their little cotton socks.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    ...and in all seriousness, a guy can totally be looking for something long term and, believe or not, STILL want to nail you on the first date.

I agree with this.

Also, and this should be taken as a compliment, I looked at your pictures...you're going to have plenty of guys to wade through...
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    No. Obviously some are, but a lot aren't. If they were all after just one thing, I don't see how many people would get married, there are enough girls out there who either don't want serious romance or are just willing to do what they think it takes to get a guy that there would be no reason for it at this point, and yet guys get married.

Ultimately if a guy doesn't really like someone, there's a greater chance they'll still go after that one thing, and if a girl doesn't really like someone, there's a greater chance she'll avoid it with that person. I think that's where the difference is. If you think a guy is just after one thing, well, don't give it and see how he reacts; if he doesn't really like you, he probably won't stick around. If he does, he will. The problem that people run into, I think, is sleeping with people to try to get them to like them, or keep them around until they're in a relationship. That doesn't really work, and I think that's where the "guys just want one thing" comes from.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    So after chatting to the single girls in the office today, it appears that all the single blokes out there are only after one thing!! After being with my ex-husband for 10 years, I am now terrified I'm going to have to wade through all this crap to find a decent bloke! Now, is this a London thing or are blokes like this everywhere?? Any tips for getting through this as painless as possible, without feeling like a loser when you realise you and him are after very different things?!?!

You will have to wade through to find a decent one. However, we are NOT all the same.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    it appears that all the single blokes out there are only after one thing!!

Nope. There's always beer.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    can i just comment on what an outdated view of the sexes this thread shows.

SOME Women want sex as much or more than SOME men. FACT.

SOME women aren't looking for money or social status (really? thats a THING?) we are MORE than capable of achieving these things on our own, and in some cases (shock horror) its the woman who is the chief breadwinner.

Christ.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

Yes sir.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    YESSSS.....................I really don't get it????? What's so hard about being quiet during a game? Stop talking so much and let a man enjoy his sports!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    can i just comment on what an outdated view of the sexes this thread shows.

SOME Women want sex as much or more than SOME men. FACT.

SOME women aren't looking for money or social status (really? thats a THING?) we are MORE than capable of achieving these things on our own, and in some cases (shock horror) its the woman who is the chief breadwinner.

Christ.

:flowerforyou:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Yes, but we can't help it - it's in our nature

Exactly. Don't sleep with a guy for at least 10 dates...if he sticks around without getting "paid', you know he must actually enjoy your company.

gettin paid? so this thread is about prostitiutes? I'm soooo lost now!!

A lot of guys SEEM TO go out on dates just because they want sex..I get the feeling they consider it some kind of payment for conversation rendered or something like that (I go dutch)...
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    e3d9d2dd.png

tumblr_lnwltqhA7R1qzj7lm.png
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    but you hold the keys.

tumblr_lm8qw6HvbG1qflan8o1_500.gif

Where can I purchase one of these delightful contraptions for my 17 yr old daughter?

Sherwood Forest.